I swear, I will never tire of getting picked for these “chain letters”. It reminds me of the days when I had a hotmail account on dial up internet (hah!) and used to send and receive these things all the time in…Junior High (still on paper). Geez I’m showing my age!
Megan from FireWifey nominated me for this one and of course I wanted to answer her questions!
1. What is your favorite color for a manicure? Is it a crime that I’ve never had a manicure, or a pedicure? But if and whenever I might get one…I’m thinking red. Heck if I know!
2. Why did you start blogging? I had read so many blogs for so long so I figured why not?! It seemed fun and a great way to meet some new friends; some of which I have kept for over 6 years since I started!
3. What is your favorite style? Yourself? Your hair? Your Home? Some cookies? HAHAHAHA! My favorite style if I could call it one, is the Hawaiian style. I mean seriously, running around in tank tops, shorts and a bikini with the sun on you all the time tanning you up to look all pretty, and living laid back and happy? Ok, I know not all Hawaiians live that way…but I hope that maybe when I’m old I can do that…minus the bikini. Hah! Otherwise just laid back and chill is my style I think…when my Type A personality doesn’t take over and rule. Yikes.
4. What is the one thing you really want to learn how to do? Surf. But I’m terrified. I have this fear of not being able to control speed when I’m being propelled forward without breaks…so surfing is kind of hard in that sense. So was mountain biking. And why I have never tried skiing or snowboarding. One day with Whit’s help though, I’m sure I’ll overcome that fear. One day…
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Oh goodness, that question. In five years I’m hoping to be married and living on Hawaii with Whit and maybe pregnant? Who the heck knows since I always fly by the seat of my pants. Which is terrifying I might add.
6. What is your favorite book? Do I have to pick one? Ok, since I was a kid I loved Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. It is such a tale of courage and love that it has stayed with me for years! Otherwise I love My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Brings me to tears every time.
7. Pick your favorite station on Pandora: Jack Johnson or Sara Bareilles. Always great songs!
8. What dessert best describes you? A rum ball. Because I’m fun in the end, but seriously old and mature with half my ingredients (ie use some seriously mature rum!)
9. Tell us one project you have been dying to tackle from your Pinterest: My wedding? Whenever that heck that happens? HAHAHAHAHA! No. There is one of a bathroom with natural looking wood panels behind the toilet and some leafy green panels on the side that I adoreeeee! I seriously want a bathroom that looks like that!
10. If you could go on vacation with anyone, who would it be? My maternal grandmother. She was the traveler like me, going to places like Japan and Egypt, and I wish I could take her to all the fun places I’ve been to because she would love them! I miss her so much…it’s been over 10 years since she passed away.
11. What is your most rewarding experience from blogging? All my blog friends. Seriously, if I had not met the ones I have and formed their friendships I would not be where I am today. I would be a totally different person and probably in not as great of mental or physical shape. I thank them for being there for me and being such great ladies in all that they do!
Here are the ladies I’d like to nominate, though anyone to answer these questions would be great too1 I love to learn about everyone!
Here are your questions ladies!
- You’re standing at the base of the Pyramids of Egypt. Who’s there with you?
- Favorite cookie?
- Someone is going to play you in a movie; who is it?
- Which would you rather do: scuba dive, zip line or sky dive?
- You meet the President; what is the first question you ask him?
- Favorite color to wear and what
- What was your favorite activity when you were a child? Who did you play with every summer the most?
- If you could go back in time, what century would you go to and why?
- Ladies night! What did you order at the bar?
- An embarrassing moment this year. Come on, spill the beans!