Funny How These Things Happen

So, remember how earlier this week I was given bad news that I probably wasn’t going to move to Redding?  Well, it became definite and as sad as I was that I wasn’t going to be moving up there, part of me was a tad relieved.  I was definitely sad that I was going to have to move away from Whit and everyone else I know, but I really like what I do for work.

With this information it meant that my line of work would probably end soon after the Spring season finished out.  I obviously want to keep working, so I started to look over at the job boards I visit and applied for a few.  Low and behold, Monday afternoon I get a call, an impromptu interview and an offer for a position in Southern California.  Say what?!  Can we say excited?!

With some careful consideration and making sure I don’t leave anything hanging with my current position, Wednesday afternoon I accepted the position and am moving down to Southern California!  Now this job is a bit different than the one I have, as I’m going to have to live out of a hotel for…a very long period of time.  Moving between several of them for about, 6 months.  It’s going to be hard, but I’m sure I will learn a lot and have an interesting adventure.

What about Whit and Honey?  Whit and I already had things planned out for when I moved to Redding and we’re just switching them over for this new position, except as time goes on, I’ll move closer to him with the job.  And Honey?  Oh…living out of hotels means no pets allowed.  I checked with the first one I’m staying in and can’t bring her, but I’m hoping some of the future ones will.  In the mean time, she will be staying with my awesome brother Craig, whom she already likes and is comfortable with.  It’s only temporary so I’ll have her back with me every second soon enough! You can bet I’m going to make my brother skype with me and the cat.  No joke.  And don’t laugh.  Haha…ok, laugh.

Anyhow, just as one adventure was coming to a close, another one came and swept me off my feet!  SoCal is my stomping grounds, though I’ll be starting a little further East then I’ve ever been, but still, it’s home!  And after this position…who knows what will come my way!!!

But first, it’s time for vacation!!!  Kauai here I come!!!

This entry was posted in Field Work. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Funny How These Things Happen

1. Jenna says:

Yay for Southern CA! I wish we could find something there! And I would totally video chat with the cat too, so its not just you ;) It killed me when I went on a long vacation last spring and couldn’t check on mine!

2. Amy Lauren says:

I’m really sad you have to leave Honey with your brother, but at least she will be well taken care of. Still, it stinks that the hotel doesn’t allow pets, I wish you could find one that did and maybe some of the future ones will?I’d think they would let you find hotels that allow pets because a lot of people who work alone or jobs like that have them for company. Anyway, I’m glad you found a job- they are hard to find these days!

Good luck with the move and living out of hotels.

3. Jaima says:

Glad it worked out! It really is funny how things in life just work out sometimes just when we think they won’t. Sounds like a new adventure. Have a great time on your vacation.

4. Glad to hear that things worked out! Redding isn’t that great anyway ;) Hopefully you will enjoy the new job and that the inconveniences will go by quickly.

5. CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com says:

Congratulations!!! I firmly believe sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe this opportunity will turn out to be even better for you!! I’m so happy everything worked out :-)

6. melanie says:

What are you looking at in the bottom picture? I tried to enlarge it but couldn’t see!:)

7. Biz says:

I am glad things worked out and I can tell by the tone of your post that you are much more comfortable with this move.

OMG, love that you will skype with your cat! :D

8. ali says:

congrats to you on landing a new job so quickly and in socal! good luck with the move and the hotel living…. another new adventure for you :)

9. Awww! I am so glad everything has worked out for the time being! :)

10. Now you will be closer to me and Bobbi! yay!

11. Amy says:

Congratulations on your new position! I can’t wait to hear more about it as time goes on :)

Too bad things didn’t work out in Redding, but this sounds very exciting!! And Honey will keep your brother entertained for sure!! :)