Yep, I’m going to do that survey! Miss Amy Lauren tagged me, so I had to oblige!
Here’s the rules:
#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer in your blog .
My 11 Things:
1. Growing up from the time I was born, I made a trip to the ER every 2.5 years for something…like an underdeveloped esophagus, broken fingers, broken toes, fractured hands…you name it, I did it. And probably with a not so exciting story…which leads me to number two…
2. I’ve be underground at Disneyland. Yes, UNDERGROUND. I broke two fingers while visiting the park when I was in elementary school at Mickey’s House in Toontown. I was taken to their on site medical clinic and then to any hospital that I chose…where they would pay for everything. And while I was there I saw a convict coming in for medical help…in a full on orange jump suit and chains. Yes, chains and shackles. Hah!
3. The only time I cut my hair, is to donate it to Locks of Love or Pantene Beautiful Lengths to make wigs for people who have lost their hair. I never care how short my hair has to be after I cut it, because I know mine will grown back. So as soon as I get the 8-10 inches I need to donate, off it goes!
4. My middle name is Nicole, but it was supposed to be Emiko, my grandmother’s Japanese name. But my Dad thought it didn’t flow, so I got Nicole. Instead, I’ve vowed my daughter, whenever that time comes, will be named Emiko. No questions asked. Haha.
5. My goal in life is to live in the tropics. I don’t care which ones, just any one of them! I miss the moisture and the feel of the green…ya know?
6. Snow is the bane of my existence. Everything about it scares the crack out of me, especially when it turns to ice and I slide. I am not a fan. And I’ve slid my truck and been stuck in it, so don’t tell me it’s that bad! Eek!
7. I have one of the best relationships with my brothers. I know a lot of people who don’t get along with their siblings at all, but luckily that’s not the case with them. A call or drive away and we’re hanging out, laughing at each other at family dinners and making sure we’re always alright. And to think…there were supposed to be three of them! I could have had three brothers, or a sister!
8. I’ve been running since I was in 4th or 5th grade, when I competed in a jog-a-thon. From that day on, I was always the one who was volunteering to run on teams, run errands, and make teams. I wouldn’t give it up for anything.
9. I love to read. I read on average a book a month, and sometimes they’re cheesy like Nora Robert’s romance novels. But sometimes they’re crazy hard to read like scientific articles from journals like Biotropical, Ecology, Biological Conservation and Forest Ecology. I makes me feel like my brain isn’t rotting quite as fast…haha!
10. When I was a kid, I wanted to be just like my parents with my life timeline: married by 23, house soon after, first kid by 28…and I’m 26 now and far behind that plan. Haha. I was seriously adamant about this when I was a kid! So were my brothers!
11. My life is constantly unknown. My jobs can end in an instant, but it can always open another door to a great opportunity in another fun place with new people! This is the current situation right now, and we’ll see where it takes me!
1.) What’s your favorite pizza topping? Onions. And basil. Lots of both!
2.) How old were you when you moved out of your parents’ house (if you’ve moved out)? I was 22! I have lived there for a month here or there between jobs, but I don’t count those times.
3.) Are you watching the Super Bowl? Nope. I did watch the half time show though, just because it was on TV.
4.) If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you take it? Oh geez…ultimately there are several places I would love to go, but the one that probably runs number one just by a hair, is the Amazon Rainforest. There are so many things undiscovered there and the wildlife…oh the wildlife…
(Source) (How awesome is that bird?!??! Scale-crested pygmy tyrant)
5.) How old were you when you got your first cell phone? I was 17…wow, almost 10 years ago! I remember not wanting one though! I was fine with calling 1 800 Call ATT and instead of saying my name say, “Pick me up now!” Hahahaha!! Remember the TV commercials??? “HadABabyItsABoy!”
6.) What’s the goofiest museum/theme park/roadside attraction you’ve ever visited? I don’t know about goofy, but the most unique one was the rock museum at Balboa Park in San Diego. Yes, I’m that girl…who likes rocks.
7.) What’s your favorite ice cream topping? Graham Crackers!!! I will put it on every type of ice cream…except for mint. Then I put oreos on it.
8.) Which color M&M tastes the best? Any one that has a peanut or pretzel in the middle…and has dark chocolate. I don’t discriminate, all colors taste great! LOL
9.) Do you get a tax refund or do you have to pay? I don’t know about this year yet, but last I I got a tax refund. I think this year I’m going to have to pay…bummer.
10.) If you had a $10,000 gift card, how and where would you spend it? $9,000 to save the planet with various donations to organizations, and $1,000 for me…to take a vacation to the Big Island and see birds. And the volcano.
11.) If you could re-live one day of your life, which day would it be? The day I adopted Honey. Best decision of my life.
Now my 11 questions for my friends:
1. If you could be one bird, what would it be?
2. Pb or chocolate on a desert island? You can’t have both
3. Mountain or ocean? You still can’t have both. haha!
4. If you could live in a different era, which one would it be?
5. What president, dead or not, would you like to have lunch with?
6. What is your favorite book of all time?
7. You win the lotto, who do you call first?
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? To watch live?
9. What was your favorite cartoon to watch growing up?
10. How long have you been best friends with your best friend?
11. What is your favorite comic from the Sunday paper? Come on…I know you still read it!
Biz from My Bizzy Kitchen
Mara from What’s for Dinner?
Mel from Mel Runs
Haley from Green Plate Dinners
Krista from Krista’s Kravings
Amanda from Table for Glasses
Kaitlin from Kaitlin with Honey
Maria from Chasing the Now
Kara from A Dog Lick Baby World
Danielle from Danielle Abroad
Jenn from Eating Bender
Enjoy ladies! I can’t wait to see your answers!