Hot Days

Wow, I guess I sent some EARTHQUAKES with my brother back East and the East Coast sent me all the heat they’d been getting…yeesh.  I’ll be heading into the desert this weekend and in some places, weather.com says it could be up to 122 degrees!!!  How crazy mad is that?!

Anyhow, sorry I haven’t been updating much lately.  My eats have been nothing but boring with this heat, so all I want are pb&j’s, smoothies and cereal…so I’m sure you can see how my meals have been going the past few days…blah.

insight 012

I must say though, that I’ve been a bit preoccupied and stepping away from the computer.  I’ve decided I spend simply too much time on the thing!  I should be outside with nature…you know, because it basically runs in my blood.  Hehe.  So, to get away from the computer, but maybe not outside, I’ve been readingggggg!

insight 049

I finished The Help in three days, spending 5 hours on Monday finishing it up!  I’m now working on Sarah’s Key that Clare so nicely sent me!!!  I’m already 40 pages into the book and trying to find more time to read it!  I’m on a book kick and loving it!  It’s been too long since I really read some good books!

So other than reading, smoothies and the heat, I’ll be escaping to the mountains this weekend!!   Wait, you thought I already lived in the mountains?  Well, I do…I’m just going to be going up about 5,000 more feet further North!  I went last year in October just after it had snowed!  I can’t wait to go up there and show Whit around…this was my childhood summer playground for more years than I can count…oh the memories!

[October 2010]

mammoth 022mammoth 047mammoth 083

I can’t wait to smell that fresh mountain air…I only get it sometimes where I live, since I’m so close to the desert and our crazy winds blow everything away…

Otherwise, nothing much to report, sorry.  I have a few Side Notes I’m working on along with a post on how to prepare yourself to buy your first car…and maybe some recipes.  Maybe…We’ll see.  I’m trying to get my cooking mojo back but with the heat and not wanting to use the oven it’s hot.

Oh, but I did get a new top that I won from Miss Gliding Calm’s blog: a Mondetta Performance Gear top.  I like that it’s long and the color is gorgeous, but like most tops I own like this…they ride up. I ran 3.5 miles in it this afternoon and had to keep pulling it down.  It’s what women get for having hips…right?  Haha.

mpg

And if you’re looking for the recipe for the bark that I sent to Meghann that she got today, you can find it here.  I’ve already gotten several emails asking for it!  It’s super easy and oh so delicious!!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Hot Days

1. Danielle says:

Have a great, mountainous trip! I'm sure it'll be cooler up there.

Also, see you at FoodBuzz! When are you going?! Where are you staying?

2. Joanna says:

As much as I love the summers here in So Cal, I'm so over it right now. It is WAY too hot and I haven't been able to run in awhile!! I'm ready for the cool weather again. The picture of the cool mountain looks sooo refreshing.

Yay for reading! Did you LOVE The Help! I think that's now one of my fav books!

3. haley says:

I totally hear you on stepping away from the computer because we ALL spend too much time on the thing!

I'm on a book kick right now too – BIG time! I just did a writers' workshop + have got a massive list to start moving through! SO exciting!

4. Karen says:

What a coincidence. I just finished Sarah's Key yesterday (while at work-we weren't that busy). Read it in one day! Definitely a good read.

5. Lauren says:

I keep hearing that The Help is a must read but now that everyone is reading it, it kind of makes me not want to. LoL. I'm always so behind on the best sellers. :)

Enjoy your trip. That sounds so refreshing!

6. Katie @ Peace Love and Oats says:

I love the mountains too! Sadly I don't live so close to them… Chicago. Hoping to move out towards the west after law school though. Have a great weekend, and enjoy those smoothies, pb&j and cereal, sometimes you just gotta keep it simple!

I've been reading up a storm lately, too! I wonder if my body knows a season change is just around the corner? One of the books that I read and loved was Water for Elephants. SO good! The Help is next on my list. Stay cool, hun!

8. proudpatriot07 says:

A lot of people are reading The Help right now because of the movie, that's cool that you're finishing books so quickly too :). I really don't read that much, I think college burned me out.

Mountains are so amazing :). You guys have REAL mountains over on the West Coast too, not like what we have down South :).

A.L.

9. Amanda says:

ugh this heat is driving me up a wall. My old car has no AC and leather seats. DYING! I need to stop putting off getting the ac fixed.

I loved The Help and Sarah's Key! Good choices.

10. Healthy, Happy, Whole says:

that scenery is soooo gorgeous!!! if i were you id probably be spending more time out there than inside on a computer as well! I hope you enjoy the reading. i enjoyed both the Help and Sarahs Key…if you are looking for me along those lines try Those Who Saved Us! It was really good :-)

11. Clare @ Fitting It All In says:

YAY you got the book! I hope you love it!!