Weekend Edition

Hey hey everyone!  Thanks for the wonderful comments on the Stereotypes post!  I always thought I was alone in that area of my ED but nope, I’m not alone!  I’m glad that so many of us have been able to recognize how it’s affected us!

I apologize that I’ve been gone all weekend, it wasn’t my intention.  I’ve been working on a guest post for a product company that I love along with traveling home to see my BROTHER for the last time before he leaves and moves to NEW YORK for his MASTER’S PROGRAM!  I couldn’t be more proud of him attending Columbia to further his studies!  So if you’ve got ANY SUGGESTIONS of places (esp food!) to visit in NYC please let me know!  I know my brother would love to know about them!

Anyhow, the only thing I have to show for this weekend was my failure cheesecake that I made for the party.

pics 015

Oh, what is that in the middle you see?  Yep, huge fatty ugly cracks!!  I totally forgot to put my pan of water in the oven to help prevent that from happening but I was also in the middle of cutting watermelon and honeydew, preparing spam musubi and a ton of other things.

But who cares what the cheesecake looks like right?  It was a hit! I made a regular cheesecake recipe I frequent and just added in a bag of chocolate and pb chips to the batter.  Presto!  You have a delicious cheesecake!  I was going to make a caramel apple cheesecake because I know how much my brother loved it (along with the pumpkin chocolate chip one!) but my roomie brought a caramel apple pie, so I figured chocolate was a good choice.

Anyhow, I’m in the middle of catching a nasty head cold and hoping I don’t wake up wit ha fever tomorrow so early to bed for me tonight!  I’ll be back with a full post tomorrow, promise!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Weekend Edition

1. Joanna says:

That cheesecake doesn't look like a fail to me. It looks thick, creamy, and delicious!! I wants some now!! Giveaway? haha jk

I hope you feel better ASAP! Hubby and I had headcolds this weekend. I think it's going around.

2. Faith @ For the Health of It says:

Girl, cheesecake is cheesecake is cheesecake…cracks or not! It's great any way you serve it up!

3. Tessa @ Amazing Asset says:

I have had issues like that with baked goods but at least they always tasty anyway :)
    I hope you feel better m'dear!

4. Evan Thomas says:

A crack has never ruined a cheesecake or pie for me, especially not a delicious one.

5. Katie @ Peace Love and Oats says:

Haha looks delicious enough to me! Have fun with your brother!

6. CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com says:

My stomach doesn't usually care what things look like haha just as long as they taste good!!! There are some great places in NYC! What kind of food does he like?? Let me know n I'll brainstorm some ideas! Hope u have a great week :-)

My cheesecakes always crack, too! But some of the best advice my Mom ever gave me was on "ugly" food (not that your cake is ugly!!) is "who cares what it looks like on your plate? Your belly sure doesn't!!" ;)

Hope that cold didn't materialize into something worse…

8. NancyU says:

Its all about the taste, and this one looks yummy!

9. Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) says:

I've never put a pan of water in the oven when baking cheesecakes before, and I've never really had issues with the cake cracking. Regardless, it's cheesecake studded with chocolate & pb – it has to be amazing!

10. Amanda says:

ooh that cheesecake looks sooooooo amazing! I want to make one.

Congrats to your brother! That is so cool. I've been wanting to get into a master's program myself. I am just not up for moving!

11. Natalie says:

meh cheesecake is awesome no matter how it looks!! :)

12. kim says:

Congrats to your bro! I'm from NYC and there are tons of great places to eat. Cheap and expensive…and the middle ground. He'll be well-fed here. No worries. :)