Wow, today did not go as happily as I had hoped, for many reasons.
1. This happened. And made me feel guilty.
I had more than a serving, and it rattled me. But I know I was eating them out of exhaustion, because I was tired from work. The sun was killer today. And I didn’t eat enough yesterday after the 10+ miles I ran and 2+ miles I walked.
2. Work has all but ceased for the week. I’m trying to be optimistic that by next week it’ll be back on but it has me worried a bit…I like it here. I don’t want to move. And I want to buy a car. Can’t happen if I don’t have a salary…
3. I got eaten alive by bugs. There were flies and some sort of bee like bug all over the place…Itchy itchy.
But, I’m trying to look on the bright side. There was so much that was nice today to appreciate…ya know?
1. One of my favorite owls. Isn’t she a beauty! She was so close and I wish she would have stuck around longer! Can you guess what she is?
2. The grasses were covered in these little toads! I think the recent rain and floods we had the past two days has brought the babies out!
3. It was gorgeous as always. I couldn’t stop taking pictures! Yay for summer monsoon season!
4. My cat is just so stink’n cute. How could I not smile?
5. Even if I felt guilty about eating those cookies, I did eat some good food today:
(Organic peach, strawberries, blueberries, kashi heart to heart and pb)
(Spelt tortilla with leftover Curry Potato Hash from last night,
with Daiya Mozzarella)
(Salad with sautéed tempeh, corn, peppers and other veggies,
balsamic dressing, crackers on the side)
Tell me why you had a good Monday. I need some inspiration!
I know I told you I’d post about my giveaway tonight but it deserves it’s own post. I’ll definitely do it tomorrow, promise!