I Run For Mother Nature…

Yet, she seems to think that it’s like, oh, winter still.

temp

That’s in C* in case you were wondering…

Anyhow, quick post before I try and finish up work fast and pack up for my San Diego Marathon Weekend!! AHHH!!!!

It may have been cold this morning, but I wanted a smoothie anyhow. Honey did too…look at that malicious face staring down Thursday’s breakfast.  Yep.

pics 002

Every layer I keep in my car.  That included 4.  And two pairs of pants.

pics 010

I scared this pour doe.  I’m sorry lady!

pics 017

Cold and beautiful.

pics 019

And I hit a breaking point with the wind and cold.  Winter running headband as a face mask.  Oh yes I did!

pics 020

Snowwwwwwwww….

pics 022

Snack time. Apple and Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Bread.

pics 023

Lunch at home: nectarine, donut peach, blackberries.  Veggie hummus sandwich.  With a side of cat…as company.

pics 024

pics 025

Snacks in afternoon: I took some trail mix I made (pistachios, peanuts, cashews, raisins, cranberries and chocolate chips) and mixed it with some Granola of Kauai and Chocolate Munch by Attune.

Seriously, adding granola to my trail mix was the best idea ever.  Adds so much more to the mix!

I had a much needed appointment with my counselor in the evening then ran my last run before the marathon (3 miles in 30 minutes) and did some abs.

pics 028

I’m trying to use up all my produce from my produce box so I sautéed leeks, swiss chard, baby carrots and bell pepper, then topped it on a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and red leaf lettuce.  Hummus to finish it off.

I had another piece of banana bread before bed!

pics 030

Quick bowl of kashi cereal with berries and almond milk this mroning and now I’m off to finish work!!!

Yay for Friday and the weekend!!! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS!!!!????

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I Run For Mother Nature…

1. fittingitallin says:

IT'S YOUR MARATHON WEEKEND!!! I'm so so excited for you girl!
    You should probably watch spirit of the marathon on hulu on Saturday. I did the day before my marathon. and cried.

2. Leelu says:

All that food looks great! And good luck on your marathon – you're totally gonna rock it!

3. sophia says:

Oh man, you're wearing gloves and parka and everything! brrr!! You need to get to SD stat and bask in the warm sun! I'm sure you'll rock it! You go, Superstar Melissa! :D

4. Pure2raw twins says:

good luck with your marathon!!

no big plans besides cleaning and unpacking for me this weekend

5. JF says:

Hi there! I've been reading your blog for a few months now and have never left a comment but I wanted to say how much I love it and am rooting for you in all aspects of your life. I am recovering from an eating disorder myself (hospitalized twice, in patient twice, outpatient a million times). I am working so hard to get better now because I am graduating high school in about 2 weeks and then heading to UCLA for school next year. I live i San Diego and volunteer all the time so I may be cheering you on in person at the marathon! I know you will do great, you've obviously have worked hard and all thats left is to rest up and then run! Good luck!

6. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

Good luck on your marathon girl! You're going to ROCK it!

7. Amy @ Love4Living says:

I completely feel you girl. It only got up to into the 60's here in Boston…in JUNE! What the &*#@?!?
    Just two weeks ago I was dressed exactly like you (2 coats, gloves, scarf and all) at a BBQ… Wah.

But, in true NE Fashion it is supposed to be 97 on Thursday!

8. Kelsey says:

that road looks SCARY! it looks like you could easily fall right off its so narrow hehe.

haha your cat is like me, fixated on fruit!! <3 so adorable! btw that sandwich looks quite DIVINE :)

wow and the last run before your upcoming marathon!! i wish you all the best, im sure you will love it too. way to go girl! XOXO

I can't believe it's -7 there! Yuck!! On the bright side…look at Honey trying to steal your beautiful berries!!! :)