Here

Sorry I went MIA this weekend!  I’ve been busy shopping for a new phone, thinking about getting a new car, and visiting farms to get the best deals on organic produce I could find!  I mean, this stand was selling three green baskets of organic strawberries for $5, organic cherries for $6 and organic blackberries for $6!  How crazy is that!?

05292011002

And the farm is right there!  So nice to know it’s local!

05292011005

Otherwise here are some random eats from the weekend…

pics 003

Pretty desert flowers…

pics 011

Lots of veggies and eggs…I have so much produce I could drown in it!

pics 024

Lots of my farmstand fruits…

pics 027

You know it’s fresh when the smell from 10 ft away.

pics 028

And the cherries…omg so tasty!

pics 029

And this salad, I had twice this weekend. It is so freak’n tasty and the dressing I swear is laced with crack. Carrot miso ginger?  YES freak’n please!

pics 031

There were also things like omelets, chocolate covered pretzels, mango and other goodies…but that’s all I have for you.  More pictures this week, I promise!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Here

1. caronae says:

Farm stand produce is the best. I love getting it in Northern Michigan. Even better is when you can pick your own produce! I love picking blueberries (or any other kind of berry).

That salad looks really good — I have never seen it before at TJs??? I'll have to keep my eye out — their pre made foods are actually usually a pretty good deal.

2. Gabriela says:

Um, I think it would be worth it to buy a plane ticket to CA JUST to buy those berries. That has to be a record for cheapness!!

3. Heather says:

Those berries and cherries are gorgeous. We never get cherries at the Farmers Market here but I cannot wait for blueberry and strawberries to come into season.

What steals!

4. Jasmine says:

Just looking at all those berries is making me drool :) It's not quite strawberry season here yet, but I'm already dreaming of the day I can go pick some of my own…

5. divinelyvegan says:

Those strawberries look divine!

6. Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet says:

So much pretty and colorful produce :) That's a crazy good deal on fruit!! I'd definitely grab up some of those to bake with.

Have a great Memorial Day!

7. Christine (The Raw Project) says:

Awesome about the local organic produce, we have tons of strawberry farms here I love stopping at. Hope you're having a great weekend!

8. Haley says:

Oh my gosh all those berries look incredible! That's definitely one thing I miss about summer on the mainland!

9. Erica says:

Yayyyy! There is nothing like fresh produce. The berries look amazing. Glad you've been enjoying them <3

10. Tessa @ Amazing Asset says:

Drowning in produce is never a bad thing ;-)

11. Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food says:

oh my gosh I'm so jealous of those amazing berries! We don't have reasonably priced organic ones here yet, I can't wait!

All of your other eats look wonderful. Hope you have a great start to your week! :)

12. Katy (The Singing Runner) says:

I love this time of the year, especially for the produce!!! :)

13. mymarblerye says:

Gah!!! What car are you getting? Why are you going back to hawaii? I need to know!!! Oh also good luck on the race…you are gonna SMOKE it.

I am so, so jealous of all those berries!!! Hope you're enjoying the new phone and the car hunt is going as you would like!!!