From the Inside Out

Thanks so much for all the kind words on my Abandoning the Scale Post yesterday.  You never cease to amaze me with your enthusiasm and encouragement!

~~

Hot damn it’s been a rough day.  Well, more than a day.  Call me a girl, call me emotional, but let’s just say I’ve been a crier, and I ain’t ashamed of it.  These times come and go…But first…

Breakfast. At 5.15am.  I had an early and long day today.  Lots of fuel to fill me and keep me energized.  You know, the typical.

pics 005

And this is where I spent most of the morning.  Plus a pb and j sandwich 6 hours after breakfast.  You can bet I was hangry after all the hiking!

pics 013

I got home late in the afternoon and headed straight over to my counselors where I let loose on all my current frustrations.  What’s on my mind?  My Ankle.  And it’s pain that’s keeping me from running.

pics 007

I have been insanely afraid this was going to happen.  Except this time I’m way more frustrated than I was before, because this time, I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT!  Last time I was undernourished, over trained and in a very bad place.  This time, I stretched, I iced, I massaged, I rolled, I ate, I relaxed, I did things other than running.  And this happens.  I finally hit a new PDR and I end up with: Peroneal Tendonitis.  Yep, my tendon from my calf to my arch is currently inflamed and pissed off at the world, just like me at it.

I’m trying to keep a positive attitude and rationalizing that my race is still 52 days away.  I have time to heal, and unlike my blog title of trying to heal, I WILL.  I just hate that this time I tried so hard to do it right, and well, now I’m sitting like the above picture. Boo.

I had no idea what to have for dinner, so smorgous board it was: roasted potatoes, spaghetti squash with marinara, spinach, broccoli and tempeh.

pics 003

And to heal via icing from the inside out I had a new non-dairy ice cream in the flavor of, oh yeah, CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER.

pics 005

Thank You Turtle Mountain for making one of the best tasting non diary ice creams on the face of this planet.  No joke.  I may have added some attune Chocolate Munch to the bottom before adding the ice cream in.  Pity party for one here.  I’m following in Janae’s footsteps with the ice cream…cause it heals.  We swear it does. :)

A few pieces of liquorice and maybe another spoonful of the ice cream and I’m ready for bed.  One more day till the weekend, but it might as well be Monday I still have so much to do…oiy.

Giveaway coming very soon!!!

15 Responses to From the Inside Out

1. laura says:

so sorry to hear about your injury – I am a runner as well and have the same injury! it is the worst! hope yours heals soon.

2. Nicole @ Of Cookies and carrots says:

boo to injuries! :( i'm so sorry! i have had nasty stress fractures in my day which SUCKED. and of course they sprung up just as i was starting to LIKE running for the first time like ever. lol.

i hope you get better soon! I htink I knwo which ice cream that is and it's delicious :) def helps the healing process ;)

3. the actor's diet says:

bleh: re your ankle. i slightly sprained mine the other week but luckily it bounced back in three days!

4. Floey says:

Hang in there girl! Will be thinking about you and praying for a quick heal.

5. beyondbananas says:

Your poor ankle! It has got to be tough for you.. besides not being able to run, you are on your feet and walking all day!

Emotional messes.. I am no stranger to them. It is definitely one of the ways I deal with rough days. But you know what.. I feel better when I get the tears out!

6. Ellen R. says:

I have to agree. I'm TOTALLY hooked on Turtle Mountain. Other non-dairy, vegan ice-creams just don't compare after you've tasted Turtle Mountain.

7. Jasmine says:

:( Sorry to hear your ankle is giving you trouble. As much as it sucks, at least you know you did everything you could to prevent it, and now you're doing al the right things to help it heal- especially the icecream :D

8. eliz@thesweetlife says:

Your dinner looks delish! So sorry to hear about your injury–here's to a speedy and full recovery!

Your poor ankle! Sounds painful. Fingers crossed that heals up for you real fast!!!

10. Gabriela says:

Oh nooo!! If it's any consolation- I had the exact same thing happen to me last year during half training. I overpronate severely, and my poor tendon just couldn't take it? I took a week or two off from running and got custom orthotics made. Best decision ever, seriously…they're $$$, but absolutely, one hundred percent worth it. It hasn't been an issue since then!! Keeping you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery- hang in there girl!!

11. Biz says:

Injuries happen to healthy people all the time – don't blame yourself!

You are so much stronger, you will heal in time and keep thinking the race is STILL 52 days away – that's a long time still!

Hugs and have a great weekend!

12. fittingitallin says:

So sorry to hear about your ankle girl. But you WILL get through this and it'll making running that marathon all the better!! Don't let it sidetrack the awesome progress you've made:)

13. Haley says:

Aw, I really hope you start feeling better soon. Remember, this is a lesson too. Stay present and grateful for all that you do have!

14. Mariah @ Apples"N" Oats says:

so sorry about your tendonitis!!!!injuries absolutly suck but you sound determined so I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time!

15. Ashlei says: