Weekend Time

Yay for the weekend!!!  I started mine off on the right foot with a great box of organic goods and my last long run before my 1/2 marathon next weekend!

pics 001

I got Arugula Flowers in my box!  I would never had thought to have eaten the flowers!  Though as my newsletter says, if you are going to eat flowers, they should be organic or it could be filled with a lot of pesticides that aren’t meant to be eaten!  I’m excited to use them tonight at my blogger meetup!  And the beets, though I’m not a fan, I’ll be hacking off those leaves, giving the beets themselves to my running buddy, and adding them to my stir fry mix I also go!  My newsletter says they are a lot like chard, which I love!  Bomb diggity!

Anyhow, I had a bowl of cheerios and a tiny apple before going off to the gym to get my long run in.  I was going to do it tomorrow at my parents, but there is a mean storm rolling in and I know it’ll be raining tomorrow morning.  So I figured, I have the time, lets get it done now. I finished 8 miles in 1:17:40 with the last two miles at 7.0 because I just wanted to get it done.  At least I know I can still gun it after 6 miles to speeds like that!

When I got home I still had some energy so I did a big of abs, arms and legs then finally settled on breakfast…err, lunch?  It’s definitely a breakfast type meal, but not according to what time it was!  I just had my normal Apple and PB oats with cranberry spread.  At leas I had some good sunshine for the picture.

pics 005

Now I’m packing up and getting ready to head on out to a Pizza Blogger Meetup and some time with the family if I can get down there and back up to my place through the storm! Yay!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Weekend Time

1. Christine (The Raw Project) says:

Great run and sweet farm box score. Eating flowers is fun, I love throwing the blooming broccoli greens from my garden in smoothies. Have a great weekend!

2. The Hungry Runner Girl says:

I want to go to the pizza blogger meet-up:( Have so much fun!! That produce looks amazing!! AWESOME RUN GORGEOUS GIRL!

3. Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) says:

Can't wait to see you again! OMG I just tweeted you guys to see if anyone wanted to take the beets off our hands. We are not fans!

4. Cbrady3 says:

Congrats on your last long run – you'll kill the half next weekend!

5. Rebecca says:

ahh hope the meet up was fun!! great job on the run :)

6. Erica says:

What a fun box of goodies! I need to join a CSA baddddd. The cranberry spread on your oats looks super yummy. Hope the meet up was fun

7. Faith says:

I don't particularly care for beets either, but when they're pickled on a salad they're AWESOME! I've never eaten the leaves, though…I can't wait to hear what you think about them!

8. Magdalena says:

Beet greens are delicious!! And for the beets, one way to use them where you don't taste them so much is in brownies. Sub part of the liquid for cooked, pureed beets and your brownies will be slightly denser and have a haunting, mildly earthy flavor. And a lovely color too!

9. kathleen says:

i looove beet greens but like you, I am not a huge fan of beets. If you ever figure out what to do with them to make them taste yummy, let me know.