Muscle Time

That snowy walk this morning sure did me some good to loosen up my muscles from that long run yesterday.  I’m still stretching like a mad woman to make sure nothing gets messed up before Phoenix in ELEVEN DAYS!!!  (Oh, and since when do races start at 0830!? Gah! I’m used to 0630 start times!) and revving up my legs for an awesomely flat race with great friends!  Yay!

So, since I had no intention of running today and well, am terrified of the snow and ice covered roads, I resorted to work’n out in the apartment.  Not before fueling up with banana bread of course!

pics 029

I decided to do the P90X Legs and Back because after doing it for the past few months I have felt and seen the difference in how my legs are when they run.  They are so much stronger now and don’t get so fatigued during longer runs so I’m gonna keep up with that!  Don’t want to break a habit that works, right?

And because that workout didn’t do much for my abs, which I’ve been neglecting, I did my good ol’ MTV Pilates DVD.  When I got this DVD years ago I couldn’t do half the moves at all.  Like, no joke I sat there and screamed at the TV for being too hard.  But when I did it today, oh my goodness I must be doing something right because I did all the moves!  I might not have done the same amount as the girl on the screen, but I did them!  PILATES V I OWN YOU!  hahaha…not to mention I felt freak’n awesome afterwards…and will probably hurt horribly tomorrow.

I was drinking so much water during those DVDs that it masked my hunger!  When I finished and stretched a bit my stomach was raging!  I wanted something that could cook while I showered so I popped a sweet potato covered in TJ’s Taco Seasoning in to the oven, along with letting a block of tofu drain out and instantly had dinner after I was clean!

pics 004

My god that seasoning is spicy!  I was dying while trying to eating it, pairing it up with something a little less spicy, aka my leftover Italian roasted cauliflower and plain broccoli and some ketchup, but it didn’t’ work very well.

I had no patience for the tofu that I threw in the oven after the potato so it came after all the veggies were consumed, and at that point I was pretty stuffed!

pics 006

Now I’m chill’n out, icing my knee (all those squats kinda irritated it) and waiting for the Craig’s List Killer to start and my boyfriend to call…he’s coming back tomorrow! YAY!!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Muscle Time

1. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

P90x is no joke… go you! And the abs dvd?! Um. What's the name of it? MUST FIND IT. My abs have been neglected and I'm so tired of my dvds.
    I DVR'd that movie, it looks so good!!
    Love ya girl!
    And P.S. I love hearing you so happy :)

2. Rose says:

You're totally going to rock that race in 11 days! I believe in you girl!

3. Megan D says:

I have an old MTV pilates DVD that I loove! It has a purple cover and a girl name Kristen leads it? Not sure if it's the same one you have. Anyway, yay for old MTV pilates DVDs!!

4. Katy (The Singing Runner) says:

Ah, I forgot that movie was going to be on tonight! Dang! Oh well, I probably would have been too scared to watch it anyway.

Last night I had a super spicy dinner and I was using broccoli to mask the heat! Whew!!!

5. Val says:

OMG 11 days till Arizona….I completely lost track of time. I thought I had a longer amount of time LOL :)

Your meals always look so delcious :)

6. Joanna says:

I have those old MTV DVD's too! I think I should bust those out! haha
    And I LOOOVE Banana bread!! I could live off of that

7. mymarblerye says:

I can NOT believe all the snow there…isn't it cali? Or am I just dumb. Anyways I'm so excited that you get to see Jen! (i'm so behind on her blog) You guys have such a kind deep friendship!! Anyways, great job on the dvd! And since the bf is coming back…does that mean you won't be leaving the house again…I mean…cause of the snow of course.

8. Mica says:

I've thought of P90X as an alternative to going to the gym…which I kind of suck at. What do you think of it overall? Did you buy the whole program or just find the DVDs (on CRAIG'S LIST, MWAHAHAHA)?

11 days until your race! That's super exciting!

9. The Hungry Runner Girl says:

11 DAYS!!! AHHHHH I am so excited for you. K, 830 is a late start time, that is crazy. I can't wait for the recap. I need to start doing p90x…it is just so hard! Will you make me that dinner when I come visit you?

10. Kara says:

The half that I'm running at the end of the month starts at 9am and I thought that was really late. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's strange!

My husband has been eying the P90X program, and if he gets it, I will definitely try it out too!

11. Christine (The Raw Project) says:

Wow, so exciting about the race, can't wait to hear more. I'd be terrified to run on ice too, knowing my luck – I'd slip and injure something! Great eats, the sweet potatoes sound great.

12. fittingitallin says:

I've been looking for a good new ab workout! My current 10 minute pilates isn't doing it for me anymore…

And totally agree about leg workouts. I wasn't doing any before my last half and my legs would get so tired. Now I make sure I get in lunges and squats!

13. Kaitlin With Honey says:

I'm really intrigued by P90X… next time we get together, let's chat about it!

14. elise says:

im scared of p90x…but im looking for an in between running dvd (for rainy days) thats not jillian. although i feel guilty cheating on her since shes done me so good. any other recs? oh and who knew mtv had pilates!?! hilarious. good luck for AZ!

15. Gabriela says:

I've never tried P90x, but I'm hoping that strength training in general will have a similar effect. Hopefully all this BodyPump will pay off!! And pilates sounds like it would own me, haha. I always slack on workout DVDs!

16. Natalie says:

I have all of the P90x videos but I mostly stick to Core, Plyo, Kenpo, Cardio, and Abs. I've actually never tried the legs one because I go to a boot camp class for my strength training. What sorts of moves is it though? Maybe I should check it out!!