I used the Raspberry Oatmeal Bars recipe out of The Best of Vegan Baking, but put my own twist on it of course. When do I ever follow a recipe to a tee?
Blackberry Oatmeal Bars
(adapted from The Best of Vegan Baking)
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 2T Bestlife buttery spread
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 8×8 baking pan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together and set aside
- Melt the buttery spread and mix in sugar, applesauce, almond breeze and vanilla until combined. Add in all dry ingredients until combined, which will be a bit crumbly.
- Spread oat mixture and press into pan, then spread blackberries out on top, pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set and cool on a cooling rack.