Why I Don’t Moonlight in Fashion

Because I spend the majority of my day(s) looking like this:

pics 004

Yes yes yes…I know I look hot, sporting that awesome green head/earband with sunglasses and the wind-made Snookie hair bump.  But wait?  The marroon jacket and grey and black wind breaker!?  I would show you my lower half, but I think you’d be embarrassed.  Ok, it’s not that bad…I was wearing jeans and converse…with mid-calve high blue wool socks.

I know you want my fashion sense.  And no, I did not wear this on my date…I do have normal clothes.  Like, three.  Hahaha…

Ergo, I work in the field because I don’t know how to color coordinate and never get to see a single soul for 8 hours straight.  Oh yes…that is my life.

Do you have a staple style? Colors? Let me in on the secrets…because I obviously don’t know any of them.  I normally try to follow the three color rule to get in some variety but otherwise I’m boring.  I don’t even accessorize…

Anyhow…another cold morning for this chick.  And what better to warm me up that oats, apple, cinnamon and almond butter?  This stuff tastes great and sits like a brick in my belly…oh yeah.

pics 002

Nom, nom, nom.

The morning didn’t start off quite as well as I would have hoped it would…since I woke up an hour late!  Honey is usually good at waking me up just before my alarm clock but today…cat alarm fail.  The sun was up when I opened my eyes when it should have still been down.

Luckily I made that delicious breakfast the night before and only had to make my lunch and it was quick.  I went and did a bit of shopping yesterday and picked up some reeeeeeaaaaaal cheese.  I’m sick of using the fake stuff because seriously, it just doesn’t hold me over and keep me full!  I mean really?  Why do I even think of eating things that aren’t real.  Yet another turning point for me and my eating…yay.

Alas, I mixed an entire egg with some hummus and cooked it up.  If you have not done this, I highly suggest mixing the two.  It will chance your life.  Ok, probably not, but it is certainly tasty!  I laid it out on some real sharp cheddar cheese with a huge chunk of tomato and lettuce.

pics 005

With a banana.  Awesome filling and satisfying lunch.  Held me over for hours.

As soon as I got home from work I jammed an apple down my throat and went out for the windiest run on the entire planet.  I was actually fuming mad as it was blowing in my face and I think it was the only thing that kept me going. 3.5 miles later I was home, showered and off to see my counselor.

When I got home I was STARVING. Too bad the cat wanted to play because I had been gone all day.  Which also resorted in a very large, deep and bloody cut on my right leg. Honey = 1, Melissa = Bloodied.

Thank goodness I had rice cooking in my cooker before I left so all I had to do was make the veggies and protein for my stir fry!!!  After seeing Jenn’s stir fry from last weekend, I had to have some.

pics 006

Brown rice sided with a mix of onion, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, zucchini and a chick’n burger.  All mixed with low sodium soy sauce and some ginger.

pics 009

Best.Dinner.In.A.While.

And yes, that picture was taken on my balcony.  I was loving the colors, and natural lighting…since I was actually home for some.

Whooooo nelly!

Even after 9 hours of sleep last night, I’m still exhausted.  So early bed tonight.  Of course not after catching up on your blogs.  Or at least trying.  I’m trying my hardest!!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Why I Don’t Moonlight in Fashion

1. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

You know I haven't had a stir fry in WAY too long.. must fix that!
    Girl, I'm bad at fashion too. No help here..

2. Jenn (eating bender) says:

Your stir-fry = 1. My stir-fry = 0. Seriously, it looks gorgeous! And so yummy!

Love your fashion statements. You are much more my style – I definitely don't moonlight in fashion seeing as how I wear pajamas a lot of my work days. ;o)

Hurray for real cheese!!!!

3. Mama Pea says:

Be yourself! That's the best style ever.

I've recently revamped my wardrobe, though…leggings, skinny jeans, big sweaters, cardigans, belts and boots. But I don't really do the jewelry thing so much :)

Can't wait to see you in a week!

4. Gabriela says:

Yay I feel like this post is just overflowing with positivity!! My favorite style tip= lots of black haha. It's easy to match and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. I love adding a pop of bright color to it as well!! Oh, and dresses always make getting dressed 100x easier.

5. ktbwood says:

your stir fries rock.. im w. everybody
    girlfriend my fashion includes SWEATSHIRTS, t shirts, and sweatpants, jeans, workout clothes! haha!

6. Beth @ bride in the little white dress says:

I find now that I'm in my mid 20s my style is changing again. I am going for more neutrals with a pop of color whether it be in the scarf, purse, shoes…etc. I love to wear brown (more towards tan & camel) and black together. I think its so elegant and chic.

7. Amanda says:

As far as fashion goes, I try to get some staples that I can do a lot with. I love dark skinny jeans, leggings, cardigans, a trench coat, boots … and have been accessorizing with belts and scarves!

Mixing hummus right into the egg sounds like an excellent idea!

My fashion sense isn't so great either. I have my staples for work, then it's yoga pants time at home! I might throw some jeans on over the weekend. *might* ;)

9. bein good to me says:

I've been following your blog for a while now and thought I'd come out of the dark! :)
    In terms of fashion, I always feel like I'm put together mostly but then one piece is off–be it my shoes, my shirt, my jeans, my purse–there's always one piece that doesn't work! Oh well, I do my best.
    So I have a question for you: you mix the hummus right into the raw egg before you cook it? So it's like scrambled eggs with hummus? Sounds delish, thanks for sharing your secret!
    -Lisa

10. balancedhealthylife.com says:

I love stir fry, I think its one of the best dinners ever!

11. the actor's diet says:

i'm very boring with my color scheme – navy blue, black, white, and grays. i only get adventurous with my bags and scarves

12. greensk8r says:

Egg + Hummus = HEAVEN!!!!!!!! LOOOVE that sammie combo…deff a fave :)
    As far as style tips go…here it goes–dress weather accordingly and comfortably. So many people associate looking cute with being uncomfortable, but that is a MYTH! If you LOVE soft fabrics (as I do!!) choose cottons, a few pairs of sweats for work, sweaters (these are SUPER versatile…can go from work to date with a change of pants, shoes and hair!) khakis are good for basically all seasons…just remember to dress like YOU would dress! Have fun mixing and matching! ;)
    Stir fry sounds DELISH! Hope to make it soon!!