NCIS vs. GLEE

So, everyone is all gah-gah over the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode of GLEE tonight…yet what am I watching? NCIS.  Sorry people, die hard fan here.  I’ll watch GLEE tomorrow when it’s on Hulu.  Thank goodness for the internet, right?

Anyhow, like GLEE should be the talk of my blog.  I work for the WILD people!  Like the sunrise…

pics 002

In the SUB ZERO CELCIUS TEMPERATURES and sustained 40mph winds.  Am I whining much?  I need to get off that boat…I love my jog I love my job…

I was exhausted when I woke up this morning so even making oats felt too complicated…hence the cereal mess with banana and two leftover strawberries.

pics 001

I regretted it the moment I finished.  I wanted warm oats in my belly. Instead I had a cold banana and mush.

But this was certainly nice to drive up to as I arrived and started my day:

pics 003

My body reacts badly to extreme changes in temperature change so I was having a hard time adjusting to the bitter cold I had to stand in.  I used the jeep as much as I could to block the wind, but it was coming from all directions.

The cold suppressed my feelings of hunger so the second I warmed up my belly was growl’n!  Enter an apple and PB and Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bar.

pics 006pics 007

I had to do some steak outs in the afternoon which required me to drive pretty far, so lunch was necessary to bring and it was packed with deliciousness! I filled a Flat Out Wrap with some hummus, string cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce.

pics 009

And paired it with a pear.

pics 010

I wanted to run but figured my knee might still be a bit sensitive, though not hurting exactly today (it was wayyyy painful yesterday from the 10 miler this weekend) but with the winds still blowing and the temps in the mid 40’s, I decided otherwise.

Now let me tell you, I felt lazy.  I felt an overwhelming amount of guilt.  I wanted to run despite the worry about my knee and the cold.  But I didn’t.  I made myself understand that it was ok to take two days off in  row; My body will not change overnight into something I will believe ugly.  There, is always tomorrow, when I am well, and healed.  I find it amazing how my mind can go from thinking completely outrageous and irrational to more rational.  And then how much it can change the anxiety or emotions I have building up in my body.

I hit up the apple farm after work to pick up some much needed apples (Goldblush are out; OMG AMAZING!) and snacked on one with some PB Puffins after I got home.

But then I made a big girl decision: I bought my first ever hair dyer!  Ok, not so extravagant, seeing as how I’ve done crazy things with my life like travel the world, drive airboats, and catch wild birds.  The real reason? Uh, it’s cold and I don’t want to go to bed with my hair wet, especially since I don’t use the heater at night.  Yep, got that right.  Cold temps in this apartment!

Anyhow, I’m on my last serving of my Pumpkin Tofu Curry Soup, finally!  I have been adding things to it to spruce it up so tonight’s got some broccoli and bell peppers.

pics 017

Along with an Arnold’s Thin with some hummus.

pics 018

And then there was an unpictured bowl of Honey Grahams with a Dark Chocolate TJ’s PB Cup for dessert.  I needed sugar, alright?  It just might be that time…

I’m hoping the winds will be less intense tomorrow and the temps will go up so I can get in a run and have a decent day of work.  Not that work isn’t decent, but you know, I want to be comfortable doing it!

I’ll say hello to the birdies for you tomorrow.  I know they all say hi to you.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to NCIS vs. GLEE

1. Runeatrepeat says:

You got those Dark Choc PB cups too! So good!!!

2. Gabriela says:

I never dry my hair either, though if my apartment was that cold I'm sure I would!! The tofu soup looks awesome though…perfect for warming up after a long day outside!!

3. Heather says:

I hate drying my hair – I try to only do it when it is cold out. I hate having a cold head!

Hope the winds die down for you!

4. Jenna says:

I'm totally with you on watching NCIS last night and Glee on Hulu!!

For me feeling cold is one of the most uncomfortable sensations for me. I'm feeling your pain over here! But that sunrise is just amazing. I usually only "dry" myhair thru the week when I have to wark. And at that I do it just long enough so that it's a bit damp.

Tried to love (like) Glee, but Just. Can't. Get. Into. It!

6. Amanda says:

I agree with you on the power of the mind. My gut reaction when I take a rest day is to feel guilt. I have to slow down my thoughts and remind myself that the way I'm thinking is disordered and it is HEALTHY to rest. Giving yourself permission to relax is so important!!

7. mynaturallife says:

Oh my, LOVE that photo. I miss those guys (my husband and I affectionately call every one of those trees "Joshie." We're dorks.)

I used to be the same way about drying my hair. In high school I'd walk to school with wet hair in the morning… and in winter in PA that means icicle hair. I didn't care :).

8. fittingitallin says:

I felt super lazy when I didn't run the otherday. My calves were sore and I did the elliptical instead. I know it was the right decision for my body, but I felt so awful about not getting in a run! But one day won't change anything…you're so right!

9. Beth @ bride in the little white dress says:

I never have gotten on the Glee train either. In college one of my friends would walk to class when it was snowing with wet hair! I was always amazed how she never got sick too. Honey blush apples…I'm intrigued! Definitely will check to see if my local market has them.

10. greensk8r says:

Don't feel guilty about missing 2 days. If your body needs rest, give it rest. If you don't, you will probably end up regretting it later. I haven't tried those pb cups…hmmm…!! :D

11. mymarblerye says:

Hey Love!

I LOVE to air dry my hair cause like you I am so low maintainance…if I find a shirt or jeans I like I buy them in 3 diff colors in the same style!! I'm so proud and happy of how you RATIONALIZE your disordered thoughts…it's amazing to see you grow on this blog. ;) Warm up!