Art of my Work

Not only do I have to mater the art of driving over some insane terrain and worry about rolling down cliffs…

014

but I also get to admire the natural…and other arts throughout the desert.

019

Bahahahaha…I def liked looking at this more though:

005

How could you not?  Sorry to brag; I know there are pretty places than this though :)

Anyhow, I started today full of colors and seeds…seeds?  My PB was TJ’s PB and Flaxseeds and the Uncle Sam’s Cereal is also chock full of whole flaxseeds…you should have seen all the seeds at the bottom of the bowl!

001

Add in a peach and fresh berries and you’ve got an awesome breakfast.

I went off to a security training for the morning and got invited to something tomorrow that I’ll let you all in about afterwards…it’s gonna be a great Side Note!

I had to do some surveys and immediately snacked on a blueberry and chocolate chip oatmeal bar and an apple.  I was ready to eat my arm at that point!  It had been over 4 hrs since breakfast!  Yikes!

004

And then I headed off to Nowhere Ranch.  Ok, I just came across it, and found it hilarious.  It is definitely out in the middle of NOWHERE though!  Thank youuuuuuu desert!

008

Arriving at another point took forever and I couldn’t help but being famished after workout out my abs driving that huge car over all that rough terrain!  I get tossed around so much! Yikes!

I had a laughing cow/hummus/veggies wrap for lunch with some grapes and a Lemonade Vitamin Water Zero.  Is this stuff even any better than drinking Gatorade/Powerade, even with the natural sugars (however natural they can be…)?

011

Filled to the max…even with Portobello Mushroom pieces!

012

I snacked on a piece of Zucchini Banana Bread mid afternoon and headed off to my counseling appointment.  We’ve been working on ID’ing ANTS and saying out loud that they’re occurring.  Very interesting to say the least for me!

I could have eaten my arm by the time I got home and whipped together the fastest salad on the planet:

021

I’m sure you can see everything that’s in there…nothing to rave about, unless you’re talking about the PB Pretzel Nuggets I ate afterwards…with some Honey O’s and dried fruittimes two.  (or more…oops).  It was that kind of night.  I just need to go to sleep…

Besides, I’m in some hop’n pain today in the foot department:

009

Icing down the foot that got attacked by red ants yesterday and is now two times its size.  Just awesome.

010

Sleep.  Hopefully tonight will be better than the last few cause they have been horrible…Oiy.

Exciting stuff tomorrow I can’t wait to share with you!  Think Wild Things and Swanky Clubs… ;)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Art of my Work

1. runsarah says:

What a gorgeous view, wow! Hope your foot feels better soon, ouch :(

2. whatthewhat says:

You're in my favorite place! I miss it so much. I'm not too far away from there now, but never seem to get there.

Wow, that foot! That sucks! Hope it's better soon!

3. the actor's diet says:

eeek sorry about your foot! my friend who was over yesterday had his ankles attacked by bees. not fun stuff.

4. Erica says:

Amazingly gorgeous. I love the dessert. The bars look so yummy! My dad is severely allergic to red ants. I have definitely seen him all sorts of blown up from them

5. mymarblerye says:

wild things and swanky clubs? YOU ARE GOING TO A STRIP CLUB? Jk. Anyways your foot looks so painful girly! Hope it's better today…and if you want a "treat" to drink, try the sobe zeros the grape flavor. DELISH

6. Heather says:

What beautiful pictures!

I hope your foot reduces in size – that looks painful!

Can't wait to hear your exciting update…

7. Natalie says:

oh no your poor foot! What a bummer!! Feel better soon :)

8. Angela says:

Your foot looks so sore! I'm sorry! I hope it feels better soon.

So jealous that you get to see so many beautiful site for your job. Your photos are beautiful.

9. Kristie says:

I'm sure it's much easier for me to say when I don't actually have to experience it but I think it would be pretty darn fun driving like a maniac all over those crazy desert roads haha. Although probably only for a short while…

Yikes on the red ant foot, ouch!

10. peacebeme says:

I gotta say I like that dry heat in the desert. ;)

11. Gabriela says:

Ouch to the red ants foot, hope that feels better soon! I love Vitamin Water Zero. Not sure if it's any healthier than the other sports drinks, but hey, it tastes yummy!

12. J says:

Wow your poor foot! Nowhere Ranch is hilarious.

13. findinghappinessandhealth says:

omg so sorry about your foot! that sounds so uncomfortablee.
    pb pretzels sound deliciosu right now, perfect snack!

xooxxo

14. nettlenomad says:

Thanks for providing my daily high desert fix!
    Love that PB too, with all the seeds.
    If you have access to pinon (the tree), any leaves and/or nuts mashed up provide a great salve for red ant bites – they were the bane of my existence when I lived out there.Quick natural cure :)

15. Faith @ LovelyAsCharged says:

I need to know how it is that raspberries have not made it into my kitchen thus far this summer. Seriously lacking, I know.

Your views are gorgeous! Hope your foot heals quickly!

16. Emily says:

love being outdoors, and it's amazing that you get to experience it all day!

hope your poor foot feels better soon!