PB and Leftovers

That’s what my day has been filled with.  I ain’t complaining, but I need some serious variety, asap!

But thank you all for the great words of encouragement about the blind date!  It’s not set in stone for this weekend, but when it does happen I will make sure to let you know; how could I not!?  And I loved hearing your stories about blind dates…and how to go into them with an open heart and mind. You never know what could happen, right?!  I know the more I think about it, the more I’m excited for it! :D

Anyhow…sorry a few of you were taken back by the bobcat photo yesterday but please understand, the blog reflects my life, including things like my job, and if that includes things I find in the desert (dead or not) I find amazing, I’m going to share it!  So I’m sorry if I scared you; these things are part of my life, no questions asked!

Well, my day wasn’t that exciting food wise or job wise as it was just hot as ever out in the valley I was wandering around in.  No amount of water could keep my mouth from being dry.  arg.

I wanted one of my muffins for breakfast this morning but knew just having it wouldn’t suffice and keep me full for work, so I mixed it up with a handful of kashi h2h, berries, a peach and some pb.

1006220001

tasty…

The morning was normal and we did about 6 miles of walking this morning with a bunch of observations for work…

I had a big juicy fuji apple for a snack mid morning then devoured my pb and banana on sourdough sandwich for lunch.  Only bad thing about refrigerating bread, especially sourdough, and then eating it in a dry environment is it starts to taste kinda stale.  Ick.

I had one of my homemade blackberry granola bars for a snack before getting home and falling asleep so fast I don’t remember even laying down on the floor.  Yep, didn’t even make it to my bed.  It was a glorious…30 minutes of sleep.  It felt like forever.  I find it disappointing when I wake up and feel like it’s been hours but it’s only been minutes.  Anyone else feel that way to?

I was hungry pretty early tonight and as much as I feared eating earlier than my “normal dinner time” I ate anyhow; way to listen to my body!

It was a night of leftovers…and I mean all leftovers:

• eggplant and onion taco filling
  • spaghetti squash
  • roasted brussel sprouts
  • roasted pine nut couscous

1006220022

Somehow I forgot to add in some sort of protein, egags!  So I snacked on some cashews (1/4c…this is helping me control the “lonely eating” aspect of my life) and then a small handful of pb & chocolate chips…

1006220020

And this is waiting for me in the fridge.  along with a mug of cold chocolate milk…without the milk…uh huh.

It’s Wednesday tomorrow!  Woohoo!  Almost to the weekend!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to PB and Leftovers

1. squigglefloey says:

Yay for listening to your hunger cues! I'm tryyying to work on that, but my schedule has been changing a lot lately so my hunger is all confused.
    I'm gassy! haha.
    Ok, anyway, glad to see you're feeling a bit better and more excited for the potential blind date :)

floey

2. livelaughlovehopeeat says:

PB and banana is such a good combo…. its disappointing the bread was stale! Great job on listening to your hunger cues though!

Keep updating about the blind date…. there tends to be good stories there!!

3. Sarah says:

Hey! I just discovered your blog and spent almost the past hour reading through older posts. I almost started to cry at your honesty. Thank you SO much for sharing your struggles with your ED. I'm in a similar situation (plus I do GIS work too for the government) with regards to food, etc. Good luck with your blind date :) And I can't wait to read more.

4. Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind says:

Hey, PB and leftovers sound pretty damn good to me…especially when they're YOUR leftovers! ;)

Heart you, girl!

5. L says:

Wow. You have been doing some great work recently Mel! Way to listen to your hunger cues and to your body! So proud of the work you are doing! Keep chuggin' along! Oh, and if you need a fashion consult on what to wear to the blind date……, well, just know that I (and all your other bloggie buds) would love to help you! Have a great day girlie! Go out and enjoy the sun on your face and the wind in your hair!
    Oh, and I loved the bobcat! Gonna hang that cutie up on your wall? :)

6. Living Free says:

Sorry, I pressed enter before I finished typing my name. Hey, its the morning….
    Anyway, my name isn't "L", so I wrote this just so you knew who was talking to you! Sorry!

7. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

let it be Thursday then I go on vacation!!!

Sounds like you are feeling more upbeat this week, I hope it stays that way :) seriously wish you were still around for some lazy beach walkin girl talk

8. Jessie (Bites and Pieces) says:

Mmm, that plate of leftovers looks so yummy. Can't wait to hear about the date!

9. Gabriela says:

I just read your last post, and while the bobcat was a little freaky looking, I think it's really cool!! Like you said, it's your blog and your life, and that's what makes it unique :)

Measuring out my snacks helps me to control my emotional eating as well…if I'm in a bad mood and know I will keep going back for more, I always make sure I give myself a solid portion!

10. Marissa says:

Hey, I thought the bobcat was pretty cool. :] I hate waking up "too early", too! Of course, I don't think I've ever successfully napped during the day since I was in preschool (except for one day I remember when I'd been up for 3 days straight so it really didn't count.) But I hate those mornings when you're staring at the clock every couple of minutes waiting for it to be an appropriate time to get up. So frusterating!

11. Natalie says:

Loved the bobcat photo–don't shy away from sharing your life!!!

And I LOOOOVE leftovers, way to make good use of them :)

12. whatthewhat says:

Oh my goodness, don't be sorry for posting anything… especially pictures of things you find cool. I did think it was pretty gross, but I would never want you to not post the things you want. It's YOUR blog!

I think leftovers make the BEST meals!

14. Tricia says:

those bars sound great, thanks for sharing the recipe