When your car gets stuck in a lot of sand?
Dig, push and then call for help. Success.
When the new and first self serve fro yo place opens in your tiny new hometown?
Serve it up! Before dinner.
When you have a lot of black beans to use?
- 1/3C mashed black beans
- large spoonful of tomatoes and chilies
- small spoonful of chunky salsa
- small handful of diced onion
- 1/3 slice zucchini
- squeeze of lime juice
- few pinches of fresh cilantro
1. Sauté onion and zucchini until cooked through. Add in tomato and chilies and salsa.
2. Combine lime juice to mashed black beans, then add to heating vegetables. Add cilantro just after everything is heated and burner is turned off.
(I don’t know how much lime or lemon many of you use, but if you just use slices like me, or a little at a time and can’t juice it well, I use my garlic press so I don’t have to smash it all with my fingers! Works really well!)
3. Serve with dipping materials (I used two carrots and two stalks of celery) and devour!
–What’s your favorite way to use black beans?!
Now I have no more black beans; thank goodness. I was getting tired of them.
When you’re trying to find a new way to fuel 8+ miles of hiking in 4 hours for a morning of field work?
Yogurt Mess (almost like overnight oats…but only waiting 20 minutes!)
- TJ’s Greek Yogurt
- Quick Oats
- Diced Apple
- TJ’s Flaxseed PB
When you’re starving and stuck in the car?
Thank goodness for PB squeeze packs. They are my lifesaver when I don’t plan my eats very well. And trail mix I didn’t take pictures of.
When the 1st Farmer’s Market of the Season is CANCELLED due to the threat of SNOW?!!?!?!?
Laugh you butt off that it’s the end of May and that’s happening, but recognize that the next one is only a week away…and admire the scenery from your apartment balcony.
When something makes you feel even a twinge of guilt or regret?
Remind yourself that you are worth it, that people love you and will support you, and smile like there is no tomorrow!!!