Broken Monday

It started off so well; I was so optimistic…and then it broke.

Well, my car broke down to be more specific.

I left Lindsey’s this morning, breakfast in hand (berry chocolate chip bread, cashew butter and an apple) and with a smile on my face for having such a wonderful hostess to let me stay the night!

1005030001

I headed out on the road to Mobile, Alabama with the anticipation of lots of rain and severe weather.  You could see the clouds bellowing in the distance.

1005030006 1005030008

And then disaster part one struck.  I was driving along when some things started happening with my car and I made the decision to turn the car around and head back to the Nissan dealership to get a diagnostic test done.

1005030009

A few problems were found that had nothing to do with what i was having problems with, but were fixed in the end.  During the 4 hr wait I went to Publix and Walmart to pick up a few eats (fuji apple and pb and co squeeeeeze packets!!!) and reading material.  Even though I ended up falling asleep in the waiting room; whatever.

1005030010

I left with the confidence that my car was fixed and noshed quickly on my leftover taco from Moe’s last night, along w/ leftover roasted veggies from my going away BBQ…

1005030012

And a pluot.  Have you ever had a pluot?  They are absolutely amazing…cross between a plum and an apricot?  OH YEAH.

1005030013

There might also have been a few handfuls of my trail mix from yesterday…with a bit of extra chocolate picked out.  And some pb pretzel nuggets.  Yep, yep, yep…

And then disaster number two struck.

But this time it was worse…my car basically decided to stop working.  Yep, shuddering and I had to pull over in the pouring rain to call AAA for a tow…all the 80 miles back to Tallahassee to the dealership in hopes of getting it fixed tomorrow.

I must admit, I was an absolute nervous wreck while being stranded on the side of the highway, in the pouring rain, out in the middle of no where…but by the time the car was being towed and I was entertained by my driver I was feeling alright and basically flying by the seat of my pants.

1005030014

I mean, what else could I do than go along w/ the flow, and hope for the best (that being my car would be fixed pronto tomorrow and I’d be on the road to Houston by Wednesday) and wait until tomorrow…

1005030015

Oh Baby G, you were doing so well.  Why did you have to quit on me now?  I still have 2,400 mile to go to get home?!

You can bet that by the time I got back, moved some of my stuff out of the car and left it to go to a hotel, I wasn’t really thinking about food.  Ergo dinner in the hotel was an apple, some pb nuggets and the last piece of berry chocolate chip bread.  And a carrot.  Blah…

I’m getting up for a de-stressing run tomorrow morning before having to deal with the dealership again and hopefully won’t have to spend too much money to get my car fixed… >P

14 Responses to Broken Monday

1. learningtocookeatandenjoydeliciousfood says:

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to your car, but be thankful you have AAA or else you wouldnt have been able to get the tow back to Florida!!
    Keep Calm and remember that everything will work out in the end!! :)

2. Mama Pea says:

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Maybe you weren't supposed to travel today and there is a good reason why? I'll be praying that tomorrow is better!

3. sweetandfit says:

oh my gosh! i can't believe it, I just saw your text and knew you were driving today,so sorry this happened! call me if you want to talk/vent!

4. afreshdille says:

what a day you had! I am so sorry to hear about the car but hopefully things won't be too awful tomorrow! that berry chocolate chip bread looks better and better each time i see it!

5. simplyrunningonfaith says:

Ack! There is something about cars that makes you feel INSANELY grown up when something goes wrong. Way to just take it and go with it. There wasn't really another alternative, right? ….well…we could have a 2,400 mile relay to get you home? Keeping you in my thoughts during your trek.

6. Jessie (Vegan-minded) says:

Omg, I'm so sorry, car trouble is the worst! Trust me, I feel your pain. Why did it have to happen right in the middle of your move though? I think your car wants you to stay in Florida! Seriously though, I hope everything works out. You can always call me if you need someone to complain to. :)

7. Erica says:

oh girly! So sorry to hear about the experience. I hope the car gets fixed super quick tomorrow and that you're on your way.

8. Katie says:

Oh, Melissa…that sucks! I am glad that you are keeping an open mindset about it though. Things happen in life..we just have to roll with the punches. :)

Ps: I am jealous of those pb packets. I think my Wal-Mart carries them. Hmm, I wonder what will be on my grocery list soon??? ;)

9. Gena says:

Ew! What a pain in the tuckus. I hope it gets fixed soon!

10. brandi says:

oh no!!! I hope you get it back soon – thank goodness you had AAA.

What a sucky time for your car to break down!! Hope it's nothing too serious…or expensive.

12. Katie says:

UGH what a crap day! Sorry Melissa… thank the lordy for AAA!!!

I LOVE pluots!

13. Gabriela says:

Ughhh so sorry to hear about the car trouble!! Stuff like that always happens at the worst times :( Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers my dear!!

14. oatsnboats.com says:

I'm glad your car is now getting fixed – hopefully the rest of your trip will be smooth.

I adore pluots – you now have me craving one (or two or three.