My original digital camera finally bit the dust today…what a sad, sad day. Ok, really it’s not that bad, as I use my old one as a field camera so I don’t have to worry about my new and better one getting damaged…but I digress…
You have been through so much digi and lived such a great life. I mean, Australia twice, New Zealand, San Diego, Florida (twice), Colorado and Texas.
Here are her last lovely pictures…actually, not so much as they’re pretty or focused. Joy.
6am breakfast before field work?
- Apple muffin
- 1.5T Naturally More PB
So unexciting. Sorry for that.
But I had a gorgeous sunrise! I wish I had been at the beach to see it!
It was a fish day…and I snacked on some chocolate/pumpkin seed/peanut/cashew/raisin trail mix and an orange. Quite a bit of trail mix.
But don’t worry, I didn’t eat with the same hand I was handling these critters with…
That would have been gross.
And if airboats weren’t cool enough, um hello, instant toaster!?
That would be my wrap, with cheese that wasn’t melted…until I left it there for about 30 minutes and it melted it to make a great toasty wrap in my bag!!!
Yes, I’m a genius like that.
And had it stuffed with leftover butternut squash from last night, tomato and lettuce…along with the awesome and melty melty cheese…FYI I hate cheese that isn’t melted. It feels funky…on my tongue. Texture and me don’t mix.
And the ride home couldn’t have been longer. So I caffeinated myself up a Mochawalla Odwalla Bar. Yeah, you got that right: Chocolate and Coffee. What more could you ask for?!
I was famished by the time we got home…I thought I would be able to last till dinner with an apple for a bit of a snack, and that did me no good.
So what happened at 5.30pm? Dinner peeps. I’m a granny, but damnit I was hungry.
Obviously there are carrots and hummus…but what was in the sandwich other than lettuce and tomato you can see?
I promise there was protein in there…in a fake form. Morningstar Chik’n Patty. Last one. Only two more pieces of fake stuff in my fridge to use up before I leave…
And then there was work and blogging and these delicious babies (these things must be stuffed with crack, seriously)…before I finally decided to get off my butt and watch NCIS
not a shower yet.
And because this post is soooooooooooooo f’ing lame…I’ll leave you with this entertaining list of 25 things I saw on Lisa’s blog today…
- Where would you be able to spend hours and be happy? In the middle of the Everglades or the mountains.
- What’s your favorite kind of doughnut? Hate donuts.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? 4 piercings; two in each ear.
- What is your favorite movie? She’s All That, 10 Things I Hate About You
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Mom of course, who else calls me?
- Are you still friends with the people you knew in middle school or high school? yep yep! I still get together with many of them every time I get home from a job!
- What is the last thing you ate? Too many PB Pretzel Nuggets.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A Marine Biologist. I guess I came close…
- Name three things that are close to you: Phone, laptop, GIS book.
- What was your best subject in school? Math and Art History.
- What is your favorite restaurant? Ruta’s!
- Any hidden talents? I play the piano?
- What is your middle name? Nicole.
- What is your favorite website? blogs blogs blogs…and foodgawker or tastespotting.
- How old were you when you had your first kiss? 15.
- Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate of course.
- What is your favorite girl’s name? Emiko, my grandmother’s name.
- Favorite store? uh, Trader Joes. Duh.
- Would you rather be a rock star or a famous athlete? Athlete…in running.
- Favorite food? Nut buttttttters.
- What are you wearing right now? shorts, sports bra, undies, t-shirt.
- What is your favorite animal? Hamster!
- Did you graduate from college? Cum Laude baby!
- What does your last text message say? Nope, think I’m good.
- Do you have any nicknames? Mel, Missy Miss, Missy, Lissa…
Hope you enjoyed that…menagerie of madness.
Awesome. Or not.
I’m off to chat with some of my awesome friends on twitter now…She’s helping make me feel better right now.