Whittle My Middle II

I keep forgetting to discuss this since I started, but I have been following Angela’s Whittle My Middle II challenge, just a bit late from when it started. But, I did it for a month, not as often as I was supposed to, but had other added strength training in there to suffice for days missed.

I just did my measurements from a month later and OMG! I have lost and gained inches everywhere!!! I’m actually super impressed! I don’t have numbers for weight since I don’t have a scale, but everything fits pretty much the same, except in a few spots where things aren’t so tight anymore!!!

Biceps: +0.50 inches

Waist: –0.75 inches

Belly Button: –0.75 inches

Hips: –0.50 inches

Quads: –0.55 inches

Wrist: Same

Neck: Same

Yippee! Strength training is going well for me!!! But let me tell you, as much as these numbers rock, I FEEL SO MUCH STRONGER! Some of the moves I started off with were so hard after a few reps, but now I blast through them and love love love the way my biceps look, because you can see them even when I don’t flex!

~~

Enough of my muscle madness…today was a very long day. I went out wood stork netting for almost 12 hrs and we didn’t catch anything. But, we did get to see a pair of beautiful Red-shouldered Hawks do a feeding courtship right in front of us! The courtship basically consisted of the male catching a mouse, calling to his lady from a tree, her taking it, and him going away to get his own food. Well now, don’t we know who’s boss? Hehehe…

redshouldered [[Source]]

Field eats were pretty boring, but the rest of my afternoon was freak’n awesome!

I headed out for the first run I’ve done in the past few weeks and it was absolutely awesome. We decided on a 4.6 mile route near the house and somehow just blew through it. We were going so fast! By the time we finished I asked Brit what our time was: 38.30! What fool!? I can’t remember the last time I ran a distance like that at a speed like that! It’s an average pace of about 8.20 min/mile! I’m normally a 9-9.15 min/mile gal! It felt wonderful…And then we came did some abs and a bunch of plank reps, included side planks, side plank turns and extended arm planks. First set of strength training for the week!

I was starving for dinner and mixed up the quickest thing I could: Veggie Omelet!

1002150017

My veggies included:

• broccoli
  • mushrooms
  • onions
  • spinach
  • tomatoes
  • red bell pepper

On the side I had some garden herb triscuits.

1002150019

For a dessert diddly I had a baby pink lady apple, a mini mandarin, blueberries and strawberries. Soooooo gooooooooddddddd…

Now I’m off to watch The Ugly Truth! I bought it, have never seen it, and hope it’s good!

Hopefully my blogging will be pretty normal this week because I’ve been informed of all the field work I’ll be doing tomorrow, Wednesday, and flying aerial surveys on Thursday! I’m excited…for some excitement and outside work!

PS Thank you for all the support about my honesty and openness on the blog about my life, work and eating disorder. If you ever want to talk please always know that I’m here for you!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Whittle My Middle II

1. Food Makes Fun Fuel says:

Dang, nice job! I would definitely take 1/2 an inch on the bicep. you don't get that running, that's for sure!

2. Katie says:

Wow, what an awesome run and great results on the WMM 2. I did the challenge also, but I didn't keep measurements. I could definitely tell that I shed some area though, especially in my stomach!

3. dailygoods says:

LOOK AT YOU GIRLLLLLL! gah, im always so lazy to do abs, i never do them. but people ALWAYS see results when they're consistent. you might have talked me into it ;)

4. theemptynutjar says:

if u ever have time to "chat" i am open to it :)
    those triscuits look yum.

5. ktbwood says:

oo girl GET IT! hottie! ive loved reading your Q and A's . it hasnt let me comment in a while! i love how honest and open you are-its beautiful. and SERIOUSLY, you look amazing in those dresses, so incredibly naturally GORGEOUS

6. moretolifethanlettuce says:

your run went well! yum your dessert fruit bowl looks awesome, that's my favorite treat!

7. Thinspired says:

Awesome results on the WMM Challenge! I wish I would have done it! Maybe it's not too late?
    Though I didn't do the challenge, I have also been doing more strength training lately, and I agree, it's such a great feeling! Yay for strong biceps :)

8. Kim says:

Wow – maybe I should do the WMM challenge! Those are serious results!

Do you weigh yourself now or do you find that it is a trigger?

9. LindsayRuns says:

Yay for you! That is awesome :)

and that fruit salad looks yummy

What an awesome day! Great job on the measurements, girl! Aren't hawks just gorgeous? Last summer I was walking down a trail and saw one swoop down and take a birdie right off the tree branch! I was horrifed, but I guess that's the cycle, right??? Kudos to a FAST 4.6! :)

11. K from ksgoodeats says:

Woohoo for seeing results!! Congrats! Strength training is always my favorite because I love feeling strong. Way to go with your run :)

12. cw and jrw says:

What a beautiful red hawk! Great results from the challenge…yay for you! :)

13. Jeri says:

great job on the run! speedy fo sho. I think that measurements are a much better indicator than weight when it comes to getting in shape. I like to take mine every few months to see my progress. Much more truthful than #s on a scale.

14. Kelly says:

just started reading and was inspired by your story! congrads on the run time and biceps! keep up the awesome work!!

15. Bee says:

Just been catching up on your latest posts and I really admire your honesty about your ED. I have been struggling for a number of years and its so inspiring to see you can overcome some hurdles and learn to live your life rather than being consumed by bad thoughts.

Keep up the great work lovely :)

16. lynn @ the actors diet says:

glad that you have been enjoying your workouts!