Questions and the last of my Answers

I hope you’re all had a great Valentine’s Day!  I’m a single gal this year for the holiday, so I took myself for a window shopping/try everything I can get my hands on spree at the mall!  What do you think of these dresses?

IMAGE_006

IMAGE_007

IMAGE_008

Sadly, I seriously have no style or diversity in my wardrobe.  I’m scared to experiment with different kinds of cuts, colors, patterns, types of clothes, etc.  I guess I’m just so used to my jeans, shorts and t-shirt routine!  Any suggestions?  Or who wants to go out shopping with me, help me get a new wardrobe?

~~

Anyhow, eats were pretty routine today as I had no plans for much…but it was a good day.  I started off with Greek yogurt, a peach, one of my blackberry chocolate and a tablespoon of PB.  I’ve been adding an extra tablespoon the past few times I’ve had oats and stuff, but it hasn’t been doing much for suppressing my appetite.

1002140004

And I thought I would share the creativity of my bosses breakfast.  Ah, it’s an ANGEL.  Of ham.  And grapes.  And pineapple.

1002140007

I decided to be a girl today and head to the mall to remind myself that yes, I do wear dresses and heals.  I brought a veggie sandwich with me that was full of leftover veggies from last nights Sushi Tutorial!

1002150003

I passed by WF on the way home and had to make an obligatory stop for things I didn’t really needI snacked on some dry roasted peanuts…and stopped for some very expensive fro yo.  But it was gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I was starving when I got home and started on dinner.  I wanted something veggie filled, and fast, so I started off by making this soup and then mixing in veggie and rice afterwards.

1002150008

1002150006

On the side I had an apple and a mixed veggie salad with salsa as dressing.  Can you tell it was a veggie-filled night!?

1002150007

There’s a purpose for that though.  Our crew decided to sign up for an Organic Buying Club in Florida and we’re picking up our delivery tomorrow!  I’ll be sure to take pictures of all the goods we get! So much fresh stuff, organic, and local!!!  It’s going to be my dream delivery!!! (unless someone has a delivery coming that is full of nut butters and glo bars…now I know that is only in my dreams!)

~~

I’ve got a few Ask Me Anything! questions left to answers and oddly enough, I left the ex-boyfriend ones to answer on Valentine’s Day.  Figures right?

Are there certain times of day you have more trouble eating well than others?

My hard time for eating is usually after lunch or dinner. If I’m not super super busy, I have a tendency to do the whole “boredom” eating things; it’s not necessarily unhealthy product wise, but amount wise.  I usually end up eating cereal which really does nothing to suppress my appetite, along with chocolate!  I keep many things out of my house so that I don’t have these moments, but they do occur, more often than I would like.

What does a typical meal plan/fuel plan look like for you (given your unconventional work schedule)?

On a work day I will typically eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.  I always have breakfast before doing out in the field, and if I can I’ll have one before lunch, but it depends on what we’re doing out in the field.  Sometimes there is simply no time for food.  I always have a lunch packed out in the field and insist on a snack in the afternoon while driving in from the field.  Dinner always and then a snack afterwards.  I find it hard in the beginning of a field season to get in good meals and snacks but after a while I just cram as much food into my body with all the hard work we do!  It can be madness with the physical activity we do in the all sorts of weather conditions!

And if I’m training for anything or running conventionally I always add in another snack throughout the day, even if it means having two after dinner, or two before the dinner.

What’s your favorite thing about yourself?

I love my determination and my passion.  I’m sure you’ve all seen it whenever I post about what I do for work.  I absolutely love the environment, birds, and the outdoors.  Sometimes I might complain about how cold it is or how tired I am, but I get up everyday happy to do what I do and ready to do it for as long as I can!

But not only does my determination and passion fall into my work, but also into my running.  I absolutely love running.  My determination and passion has made things a bit hard when I’m hurt because I’m stubborn, but I will get up, go in any weather, and run because I love it!

What do you tell people when you have to take pictures of your food? How do you explain your blog? Do you tell them about all the parameters, even the eating disorder part?

When I break my camera out for pictures I just flat out tell people about the blog.  Most of the time everyone is happy to hear the gist of it, and then we move on.  I describe it normally as a food, fitness, health eating blog and for those that know about my eating disorder, I include that fact too.  Otherwise I don’t talk about it because really, sometimes they just don’t need to know about it.

How many subscribers to your blog?

I have no idea. I have use Google analytics to track my traffic, but in reality I have absolutely no idea the difference between all the charts and readings.  I’ve been blogging for over two years, so I’m hoping I’ve got a few followers/subscribers!  As far as how many posts I’ve made, after this one, it’s 678!

Why did Brad break up with you? You both seemed so happy together!  Any chance of a round two?

Hehehe…so many of you are curious why we broke up!  I’m going to put it bluntly because really, there’s no easy way to put it.  He broke up with me because he wasn’t into the relationship as much as me and felt a sort of emptiness between us.  I was always looking into the future about things but he was more of in the moment and really, had many more things he wanted to do that would be a hassle to have me around for.

Bottom line, he wasn’t ready to be in a relationship with the life he has right now, all the moving around and instability of a few other things.  It broke my heart then, but over time I’ve been able to see past it and as many of you know, he made a huge influence on my life and my eating disorder; he was certainly one of a kind.

As for a second chance…at one time I would have hoped for it, but now that I’m leading my life again, I don’t see that occurring.  We just have so many things different between our lives and futures…I’m sure he’ll be much happier with someone else.

~~

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY EVERYONE!!!

And know there is always ALWAYS someone thinking about you and loving you for who you are!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Questions and the last of my Answers

1. itsawrapteacher says:

I love learning more about you in your q&a session. You're so honest and open.

2. Jessie (Vegan-minded) says:

I love the dresses you tried on! I am just like you, my wardrobe is basically jeans and t-shirts. We definitely need to go shopping together for some wardrobe diversification! By the way, are you going to the SobeFit 5k on Saturday?

3. runsarah says:

Happy Valentines girl! Loveee all the dresses but the second one is my fav.

4. Lindsey @ Sound Eats says:

You definitely HAVE to have style, because those dresses are HOT! Ow, ow sexy thang!!!

5. Tiffany says:

i love the neckline of the first dress! you look so good in both of the dresses! we talked about this on twitter before, but i also have an issue with eating lots of cereal, especially after lunch/dinner. dang kashi! i love that you love your work so much. that's really important in life and you're lucky to have found what you love early on. :)

You look smoking HOT in all of those dresses!

7. Mara @ What's For Dinner? says:

You need the one-shoulder ruffle one. Seriously.

Love you!!

8. theemptynutjar says:

i think u are so gorgeous…u are beautiful and absolutely stunning…gosh…would love to have a long conversation with u..know u are busy :)

9. Erica says:

I agree with everyone- you look fab in all the dresses. The last one is probably my favorite. Yummy veggie sammy and I love the addition of the rice to the soup! I always add beans when I cook up canned/boxed soups- I will have to try rice too! Hope you have a great rest of your valentine's day!!

10. LindsayRuns says:

I am the same way about clothes…I love and long for cute fun stuff (like those dresses! love the necklines) but end up wearing jeans and a t shirt all day every day.

11. moretolifethanlettuce says:

va va voom! love the dresses! and your hair is so cute btw. i'm like you about the boredom eating thing, it's not necessarily unhealthy foods, it's just the amount!

12. Emily says:

I subscribe to your blog! and i love reading. Also I love both dresses.

13. Ashlei says:

I love the one shoulder dress! Gorgeous!

And your bowl of soup with the extra veggies and rice mixed in looks really great! Happy Valentine's Day!

14. findinghappinessandhealth says:

firstly- you are absolutely stunning. the third one is my favorite and you shinee! you have been through a lot and i really respect you for your maturity and ability to learn from everything.

15. simplyrunningonfaith says:

I just found your blog! Loved your valentine's day shopping adventure!

16. Scott says:

You look great in all of them, but that bottom dress, love it!

17. K from ksgoodeats says:

Check you out, Miss Hottie! Those dresses look fantastic!! I'd love to go shopping with you – too bad MI and Florida aren't that close.

LOVE the soup combo! I'm sorry to hear about you and Brad but you will find someone who is just as invested in your relationship as you are. If it's not equal, it's not worth it :)

18. Apples, Auburn, and Ashley says:

Oooooowee! You look absolutely STUNNING in those dresses! :)

19. Christina says:

YOU SIMPLY MUST BUY THE OFF THE SHOULDER RUFFLE DRESS!!!!

Okay. Calm down. Seriously, it's a very pretty dress!

20. chrystad72 says:

Hey sweetie! You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress!! Awesome! I am usually a jeans and tshirt girl everyday so I definently am in need of make over.
    By the way that ham angel made me laugh. Ha! Hope you had an awesome day!

21. jenngirl says:

First, all three dresses look gorgeous on you! I love the detail ruffling of the last one.

I love you Melissa, you are so open, honest, and down to earth. Thanks for opening up so much with the Q&A, I know that I (and other readers) enjoyed learning more about you.

Hope you're having an awesome day!

22. lovinlosing says:

Both those dresses look fantastic! The second one is definitely a bit more daring. I wish the "ruffle" went a little more diagonally, though, instead of straight down the side.

23. THE ACTORS DIET says:

i think the dresses are beautiful – i am a fan of sticking to what you know works and embellishing with small details instead.

24. Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) says:

OMG that second dress (well both of em) is absolutely gorgeous on you!! You look fabulous, hun,

I love your answers.. you are so open and honest ;)

25. Jessica says:

I love that last line girl!! So true. NO mater what, there's always somewhat out there who loves you.

And thank you for sharing. It sounds like what happened with Ben was for the best but it wasn't for nothing, you know? Everything happens for a reason. Everyone who comes into your life comes into it for a reason.. and leaves for a reason too.

I'm with you on the style.. I wear the same old thing. And I love the back of that first dress!!!!

26. From Here to There. In Purple. says:

OOH, loving the dresses!

I'd love to go shopping. time and place ;)

have a good night
    bec xo

27. Meredith (Pursuing Balance) says:

Cute dresses! I especially like the top one. What store?

28. Thinspired says:

Melissa, you are so gorgeous! I love ALL the dresses (are the first and second photos the same dress, or different ones?). My favorite is the last dress—looks amazing on you and is sassy and fun. What a fun way to spend the afternoon :)

29. Jeri says:

You HAVE to buy that one shouldered dress. It is AMAZING on you. Seriously. I love that you did the Q&A on your blog, and it's nice to hear how you're doing w/the breakup. It's great to get to that "closure" point of things huh? Oh, and since we're twins, I'd imagine that any type of deep or bright green colors would looking faaaaabulous on you. :D

30. Kailey (SnackFace) says:

Sistah!!! Sorry, I'm just catching up on about 5 posts! I had to stop on this one because if I were anywhere near you, we'd be shopping every weekend. You are tres adorable and I'd LOVE to style you. You'd probably end up looking like me–I'm sorry in advance.

Sugar, I am so off guys right now, and I'm so sorry about the relationship's ending. But it's clear that you're already growing so far past this. It takes serious strength to publish that on the internet!

Also, I think in the latest post you mentioned the 1 T pb vs. 1.5 and 2. I stopped measuring pb and now I can't feel guilty about it at all. If I don't know how much is in that glob, then I'm good! Mayj props to you! xoxoxox