Quick view of just my meals from today. There was a lot of snacking throughout…again, bottomless pit…and is driving me nutzo (which makes me think of the nut butter…which I want to try so badly!)
Same breakfast as yesterday except it was with blackberries, not blueberries. And I used my quick oats. Held me over longer than the old fashioned ones yesterday! And I finished off the Justin’s AB Packet…I’m sad it’s gone.
I tried to find a different way to eat my refried beans and all I came up with was as a dip again! I mixed it with salsa and had some pretzels and carrots to dip into it. Just as tasty as the sweet potato fries from last night, except crunchier!
I had an eggplant to use pronto, but really wanted pizza. What better than make a PIZZA OUT OF EGGPLANT!? I started off with making the toppings:
- bell pepper
- Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
I sliced the eggplant up, covered it in a breading with lots of spices, and baked them at 400 for 40 minutes, flipping half way.
After they were done, I spiraled them out on a cookie sheet, spread out some marinara, then topped it with all my toppings.
I added the cheese on at the last minute so it wouldn’t get burnt and it came out perfect!
Sadly I couldn’t eat it like a regular pizza as the eggplant wasn’t crunchy/dry enough, but it was still as great eaten with a fork and knife!
I thought about it afterwards, and I should have made mini eggplant pizzas with each slice, but at the time it felt like too much work since I was STARVING!
I’ve got a 5am wake up call for wood stork work out in the everglades! I’m excited, but it’s going to be FREEZING!!!
Here are some more of my Ask Me Anything! answers! I hope you’re enjoying what I’ve provided you with so far!!!
What do you typically eat in a day? How many calories do you aim for in a day?
I try to eat a variety of foods throughout the day. I always have some sort of fruit with every meal and try to get in veggies with lunch, and always have them with dinner. I would like to focus on getting in more protein and fat, but it’s still a work in progress.
In a day I probably eat anywhere between 1600-2100 calories a day. I
sadly keep track of the number of calories I eat, more often when I’m exercising than when I’m not, to make sure I’m getting enough to eat.
How much do you spend on groceries a week? What are you staples? Can you show us your pantry? What’s your favorite seasoning?
Oh boy. I don’t even want to know how much I spend on groceries per week; I just know it’s enough to probably feed three people for a week! The mass amount of things I buy each week is fruits and vegetables, but I probably spend a bit too much on cereal…creature of habit, and I just plain like it!
My staples for my pantry include things like:
- Brown rice
- Multigrain rice
- Old fashioned oats
- Cornmeal (for polenta)
- Quick oats
- Dried fruits
- Almond Breeze
- Cookies/Snacks (Only Newman’s Own Organics and TJ’s of course!
- Nuts (peanuts and cashews)
- Bars (all hidden in that red bag)
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Canned tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Peanut Butter
- Anything in season (kiwis, mangoes, pears, grapes, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, boysenberries, star fruit, nectarines, oranges, mandarins, avocado, cranberries, plums, pineapple
- Bell Pepper
- Squashes (spaghetti, butternut)
- Sweet potatoes
- Portabello mushrooms
- Brussell sprouts
- Green beans
(I have more fresh stuff, it’s in the bin in the fridge!)
- Laughing Cow Cheese
- Homemade granola
- Morningstar farm burgers
- Frozen Berries
- Frozen Vegetables
And my favorite spice in CINNAMON!!! I put it in and on everything!
Do you ever drink? I see you go out with friends sometimes and they drink, but normally you don’t. Do you not like drinking?
Oh boy…well, I do drink, it’s just very rare. There are several reasons for this:
1. I don’t like being drunk because it makes me feel too vulnerable. Now that I don’t have a significant other to watch out for me, even though I’m completely confident in my friends, I’m always afraid that someone will act out of place and I won’t know what to do because my head isn’t clear enough.
2. I just don’t like feeling drunk. Being dizzy, incoherent and lightheaded is just not my cup of tea.
3. I still have a bad mindset about drinking, as in drinking = empty calories. I know I would probably have more fun if I drank, as it would probably loosen me up a bit, but my ED mindset is still there and screaming that alcohol is empty calories and you’d much rather be eating food. Though sometimes, I’m pretty sure I would have more fun if I did.
I recently went Veg. However I don’t plan on giving up my yogurt any time soon. Do you consider yourself Lacto/Lacto-ovo vegetarian?
I am most certainly lacto-ovo vegetarian! I love my Greek yogurt, so it was hard to give that up! I don’t feel like integrating some milk products into my diet is a bad thing and try to buy organic as much as possible, as to make a bit of a less horrible effect on the environment. Most of the time I go with Oikos Greek yogurt; Great consistency and delicious!!!