That Kind of Monday

Oh man, it has been some kind of day!  Lets just say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it just worse after that.  I won’t complain because I’m trying to just move past it and hoping that tomorrow will be better…so lets talk eats?

I had peaches again this morning!  I had actually intended to try out one of the Justin’s Almond Butter mini packs this morning w/ oats but I forgot somehow and ended up with this yogurt mess.

1002080004

Sadly I didn’t really enjoy it because I was frustrated over a very short/kinda felt pointless yoga session.  I just couldn’t do it!  My mind or body was totally not into it at all!

My morning was filled with a three plus hour work meeting now that the whole crew is here and I was starving for lunch!

1002080011

I bought Sabra’s spicy hummus this weekend to mix w/ mine and help give it some flavor, and boy did it not disappoint!  It is freak’n hot and spicy!  I had it on a piece of Dave’s Killer Bread w/ spinach, tomato and bell pepper, a pear, and two of my Super Charge Me Cookies.

I don’t even want to remember this afternoon…lets just say it was very anxiety ridden, which led to too much boredom/anxiety eating

I was not happy with the way I reacted, but reassured myself that TOMORROW will be a better day, but then thought, why not make it better RIGHT HERE AND NOW?

So I did.

I did my Karen Voight Aerobics session and got some blood pumping…totally not as good as running.  Whatever.  All I’ve got for now.

I bought tofu last weekend so I was excited to have it Gliding Calm Style for dinner!  Bake at 400 for 35 minutes, flipping in between and presto!  Mine was marinated in olive oil, soy sauce and garlic! Simple and fresh tasting!

I had three pieces of the tofu cut into pieces on top of a big salad

1002080012

With a frozen Rome Apple.

1002080013

I’m going to bed early tonight cause truthfully, I just want today to end and be up and ready for a way better tomorrow!

Remember you can still get a discount on Forze bars that I posted about a few days ago!

~~

Here are some more answers to your questions!  If you have anymore, you can still Ask Me Anything!

What is your favorite musician/group/artist?

• Oh, I have a variety of musicians I love. I can go anywhere from Kelly Clarkson, to Led Zeppelin, to Beethoven, to Lady Gaga, to Michael Buble, to Fall Out Boy and many more. I love anything really!

What’s your dream vacation?

• Oh goodness. There are so many places I want to go to! I would have to say my top three places for a vacation would be Japan, Greece or Belize.

If you could choose one place in the world to live permanently, where would it be? Why?

• As of right now, through knowledge and experiences, I would live in Australia. I would probably pick Brisbane because it’s a big enough city to keep me occupied, but close enough to the wild places I love and I could get to (like the rainforest!). It’s also on the beach where I could learn to surf better!

Your job seems wicked crazy!  Can you give more details about what you do?

• I currently work for the University of Florida and their Wading Bird Project. There are two students working on projects that I am helping gather data for their analysis. I work out in the Everglades driving an airboat either doing surveys, catching or monitoring birds, and flying in a small plane taking pictures for analysis in GIS to find bird nests and colonies. It’s pretty amazing; I get to see lots of birds, run around and get dirty! What more could I ask for in my job!?

You move around a lot.  Are you thinking of settling down somewhere more permanent soon? Any prospects? Where exactly have you lived over the years?

• I’m hoping to settle down soon enough, but I’m keeping it a bit under wraps until it’s confirmed I might be settling somewhere permanent (I don’t want to jinx myself!). Otherwise, I’m still moving around like a wanderer! Otherwise, lets see where I’ve lived:
  • 2003-2007: San Diego, CA
  • Spring 2008: Orange County, CA
  • Fall 2008: San Diego, CA
  • Spring 2009: Central FL
  • Fall 2009: Smith Point, TX
  • Spring 2010: Southern FL
  • Summer/Fall 2010: WE SHALL SEE!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to That Kind of Monday

1. Olga @ Healthing It says:

Sorry that you had a crappy Monday :)

But as you said, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it will bring lots of goodness :)

Frozen apple? Hmm…never tried it. Does it taste any different?

2. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

Frozen apple? What? That sounds good!!

And girl, tomorrow WILL be better! I'm so sorry you had that kind of day but staying positive is such a good thing :) Have a better day tomorrow!

3. findinghappinessandhealth says:

i think japan would be sweet too! hope you have a better day tomorrow- i know what u mean, sometimes i just have those days. that yogurt mess looks yummy though!

xoxo
    shelley

4. *Andrea* says:

sorry for your awful monday :( happens to the best of us! anxiety causes me to overeat quite often too ughh. tomorrow will be a new day though. one of my favorite jay-z lines from a song is "i move onward, the only direction"

5. moretolifethanlettuce says:

blech. sorry you didn't a good day, i'm right there with ya! frozen apple? i should try, sounds intriguing

6. Two of a Kind says:

Hey sister!!
    So i get a call from mom today saying "so i here your taken!" I was like what?!! Lol. So shes says i have intel from your sister your seeing some chick. haha. Man i havent even gone on a 1v1 date yet with her and moms already hounding me. (goin to dinner with her sat. if that helps calm moms heals. lol) MISS YOU!!!

Hope today is much better than yesterday! You did have some good looking eats, though. Especially that lunch plate!!

8. jenngirl says:

Hope your Tuesday is off to a MUCH better start! I hate Mondays.

I think it is so awesome that you've had the opportunity to live in so many different places! I've only lived in one place and I am ready for a change!

9. Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind says:

OMG Mel, so AWESOME that you were able to take action right away on a bad day. I always completely write off a day if it's going badly, and plan to start fresh the next day. I would LOVE to be able to just switch my mentality in the same day! Props!

Also, I was catching up on your blog last night, and I read the three posts your wrote before this one. The whole time I was thinking about how positive and happy you sounded – get that girl back!!! I love her! :)

P.S. So jealous that you've lived in so many WARM places!

10. Tiffany says:

sounds like you had a rough Monday… i guess it was just 'one of those days', huh? well, hopefully today has started out better for you already!

i accidentally froze a bag of apples and it totally messed them up! not sure how yours doesn't look crazy after freezing it, but mine got soft, wrinkled, pithy, and discolored! haha not so appetizing.

11. Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) says:

Sorry you had an icky day.. hope this one is goin better!!

You salad look fabulous.. I love marinated tofu!!

12. ktbwood says:

GREAT ques and answers girl!!
    i will move to australia with you!

13. K from ksgoodeats says:

I hope Tuesday is treating you much better than Monday did! If you go to Greece, take me with you! Hummus, falafel, and pita up the wazoo!!

14. Jeri says:

I would be ok if your permanent location was in SoDak. We have lots of birds here!! :)