What a great Sunday!!!
We were supposed to be going to the Homestead Farmers Market but ended up at one that was actually attached to a flea market a little up the road. Apparently, the Homestead one doesn’t exist anymore. Sadness.
Anyhow, look at all the goodies! It was actually quite over whelming and I didn’t buy too much because I didn’t know where to begin.
I raced home afterwards to put my things away and shove a sandwich and honeydew with some super charge cookies down my throat before I met up with these lovely ladies!!!
We originally met at Whole Foods to have our nice chat, but it was so crowded we moved to the Starbucks nearby so you know, we might actually be able to hear each other!
It was great talking to all the ladies and I can’t wait for us to plan all the other events we had in mind, like a pot-luck and sushi making/tutorial party (Orlando ladies I know you want to come down for these)! Yippee for meeting bloggers wherever I move! Makes living somewhere new that much easier and more fun!
After chatting for a bit we went back over to WF to do some shopping
and get ripped of in the check out line. I bought a few things that were on sale or I had coupons for…and a few extra things. After we parted I headed over to Publix to finish my shopping and wander around with every other crazy person shopping for their Super Bowl parties.
I came home famished and noshed on the other half of the honeydew I had, then started on my dinner: Vegetable Fried Rice!!!
I sautéed together:
- bell pepper
I added in an egg and two egg whites afterwards, along with the soy sauce, and 1/2 C of my leftover Brown Rice Medley.
It came out fantastic! It actually could have used a bit more soy sauce and garlic, but I was happy with the outcome anyhow…I mean, healthy, homemade fried rice!? All that was missing was green beans, bean sprouts and peas!
And now I’m watching
ignoring in the background the Super Bowl and getting ready for another busy week of work!
Wait! How could I forget my dessert?
- Honey Puffs
- Kashi Sunshine
- Semi-Sweet Guittard Chocolate Chips
Ask Me Anything Answers!
I’ll be answering your questions at the end of my posts throughout the week. I’ve enjoyed answering all your questions!
How tall are you and how much do you weigh??
- I’m 5’6” and weigh about 122 pounds (as of 4 January). I haven’t weighed myself since I left home (as I don’t have a scale at my new place), and my clothes still fit the same, so I don’t plan on weighing myself anywhere/how. It helps me not worry about the number so much, but more of how I feel.
What size jeans do you wear?
- I can range anywhere from a 5 to a 9. A lot of people ask me how I could wear a 9 when I look so tiny, that I must wear a 0 or a 2, but really, I suppose I just look that way. I don’t know that I’ve ever worn anything smaller than a 3 in my life…and that was a very, very long time ago (like, Jr. High!). I guess I have muscular quads and wider hips than it seems! It’s really hard for me to find jeans anyhow, because they can never fit my hips and waist at the same time! Mostly just one or the other!
What makes you the happiest in your life?
- Doing what I love. I love being able to wake up and being excited to go out and do my job. I love being able to work out in nature, with birds, and getting dirty! I love being able to eat the foods I enjoy, tasting them for what they are and do for my body. I love being able to simply put on a pair of sneakers and pound out the pavement for miles and miles. I love being able to call my friends and family and having them there for me whenever I need them. I guess a lot of things make me happy in my life!
What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- I’ve done quite a few crazy things…I suppose doing a job driving around airboats would be craziest? But I suppose studying abroad and living in the Australian Rain forest could count as another. Maybe handling wild birds? I have yet to do too many crazy things, yet.
I’ve seen pictures of your brothers, are they older or younger than you? How old are they?
- Haha…my brothers are just a month over 22 years old. And sorry, they’re both taken.