Miami Blogger Meetup and Questions Answered

What a great Sunday!!!

We were supposed to be going to the Homestead Farmers Market but ended up at one that was actually attached to a flea market a little up the road.  Apparently, the Homestead one doesn’t exist anymore.  Sadness.

Anyhow, look at all the goodies!  It was actually quite over whelming and I didn’t buy too much because I didn’t know where to begin.

1002070004 1002070005 1002070006 1002070007 1002070008

I raced home afterwards to put my things away and shove a sandwich and honeydew with some super charge cookies down my throat before I met up with these lovely ladies!!!

girls

Amanda (Run to the Finish), Julianne (Fit and Fabulous Jewel), Me, Jessica (Vegan Minded) and Meredith (Pursuing Balance)

We originally met at Whole Foods to have our nice chat, but it was so crowded we moved to the Starbucks nearby so you know, we might actually be able to hear each other!

It was great talking to all the ladies and I can’t wait for us to plan all the other events we had in mind, like a pot-luck and sushi making/tutorial party (Orlando ladies I know you want to come down for these)!  Yippee for meeting bloggers wherever I move!  Makes living somewhere new that much easier and more fun!

After chatting for a bit we went back over to WF to do some shopping and get ripped of in the check out line.  I bought a few things that were on sale or I had coupons for…and a few extra things.  After we parted I headed over to Publix to finish my shopping and wander around with every other crazy person shopping for their Super Bowl parties.

I came home famished and noshed on the other half of the honeydew I had, then started on my dinner: Vegetable Fried Rice!!!

I sautéed together:

• onions
  • garlic
  • bell pepper
  • celery
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower

1002070012

I added in an egg and two egg whites afterwards, along with the soy sauce, and 1/2 C of my leftover Brown Rice Medley.

It came out fantastic!  It actually could have used a bit more soy sauce and garlic, but I was happy with the outcome anyhow…I mean, healthy, homemade fried rice!?  All that was missing was green beans, bean sprouts and peas!

1002070014

And now I’m watching ignoring in the background the Super Bowl and getting ready for another busy week of work!

Wait!  How could I forget my dessert?

• Honey Puffs
  • Kashi Sunshine
  • Semi-Sweet Guittard Chocolate Chips

1002070017

~~~

Ask Me Anything Answers!

I’ll be answering your questions at the end of my posts throughout the week.  I’ve enjoyed answering all your questions!

How tall are you and how much do you weigh??

• I’m 5’6” and weigh about 122 pounds (as of 4 January). I haven’t weighed myself since I left home (as I don’t have a scale at my new place), and my clothes still fit the same, so I don’t plan on weighing myself anywhere/how. It helps me not worry about the number so much, but more of how I feel.

What size jeans do you wear?

• I can range anywhere from a 5 to a 9. A lot of people ask me how I could wear a 9 when I look so tiny, that I must wear a 0 or a 2, but really, I suppose I just look that way. I don’t know that I’ve ever worn anything smaller than a 3 in my life…and that was a very, very long time ago (like, Jr. High!). I guess I have muscular quads and wider hips than it seems! It’s really hard for me to find jeans anyhow, because they can never fit my hips and waist at the same time! Mostly just one or the other!

What makes you the happiest in your life?

• Doing what I love. I love being able to wake up and being excited to go out and do my job. I love being able to work out in nature, with birds, and getting dirty! I love being able to eat the foods I enjoy, tasting them for what they are and do for my body. I love being able to simply put on a pair of sneakers and pound out the pavement for miles and miles. I love being able to call my friends and family and having them there for me whenever I need them. I guess a lot of things make me happy in my life!

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

• I’ve done quite a few crazy things…I suppose doing a job driving around airboats would be craziest? But I suppose studying abroad and living in the Australian Rain forest could count as another. Maybe handling wild birds? I have yet to do too many crazy things, yet.

I’ve seen pictures of your brothers, are they older or younger than you? How old are they?

• Haha…my brothers are just a month over 22 years old. And sorry, they’re both taken. ;)

18 Responses to Miami Blogger Meetup and Questions Answered

1. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

Your blogger meet up sounds like such fun!! There are not many bloggers in my area at all.

Fabulous sounding dinner too!! Love fried rice

2. Tiffany says:

Yay for meetups! Glad it was fun as usual. :)

I also have trouble finding jeans that fit me… for me, it's hard to find ones that fit both my hips and length of my legs. I'd love to be 5'6" though! I'm a shortie at 5'1", and 5'2" on a good day. :P

3. Olga @ Healthing It says:

Wow, that farmer's market looks incredible!

And blogger meet-ups are so much fun! :)

4. Jessie (Vegan-minded) says:

It was SO great meeting you today! I am looking forward to a future get together soon. Seriously, if you are ever bored on a weekend, give me a call. We are really not that far away from each other!

5. findinghappinessandhealth says:

what a fun blogger meet up and im loving all the pictures in this post

i also loved reading your answers :)

xoxo
    shelley

ps- my word verification is 'suffer'- boo

6. ktbwood says:

haha so funny about your bros! great question and answers and bloggie meetup!

7. moretolifethanlettuce says:

hooray for blogger meetups, i always love reading about those. it's great that you love what you do, you certainly have a fun and very unique job!

8. emily says:

Ahh, love farmers' markets! Looks like a super fun blog meet up, too. I'd love to come to a sushi tutorial party (if only I didn't live so far away!).

Great blogger meet up!!

Like the Q&A's. We're about the same height and weight so I hear ya on the jean size. I range about the same as you. Too bad we're so far apart or we could share clthes!! ;)

I was looking around here for star fruit over the weekend but no luck. I'm still dying to try one!

10. Katie says:

What a fun meet-up! And the colors at that Farmer's Market are GORGEOUS.

Thanks for answering the questions! I love reading about your "crazy" job :-)

11. Thinspired says:

The Farmer's Market looks like it had a great selection! Seriously, is watermelon in season?! Yum!

What a fun meet-up! I love, love your top. You are just so pretty!

12. Meredith (Pursuing Balance) says:

Yesterday was so fun! I'm looking forward to the potluck and sushi tutorial :)

13. theemptynutjar says:

You are tiny! You could easily have another 10-20 lbs and still be super healthy.
    Great dish, great answers and great meetup….
    i feel like u have been thru alot…and i would love to "chat " with u sometime :) so glad to "know" u thru blogging!

14. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

How did you not buy everything in site at that market!! I am thinking the CSA might actually be a pretty good deal. you and brit could totally split one

15. Caronae says:

Meetup sounds great. Oh farmer's market, how I love thee!

16. jenngirl says:

Always jealous of Floridian blogger meet-ups! There are so many cool people down there! Your shirt is really cute by the way!

Hope you had a good Monday :)

17. Debbie says:

Hi! I just came across your blog through Amanda's blog. How cool that you guys got together!

Could you tell me where this farmers market is? I'm a fellow Miamian and don't know where to go for good fruits and veggies besides wholefoods. I've heard of the one in Homestead, but that was too far out of the way.

Thanks!

18. Jeri says:

Go figure we're pretty much the exact same size. :p Makes sense given that we're twins, huh? We need to have a chat/phone catch up sooooooon, k?