Can I Get A “What-What?!”

Yeah, I was in that kind of mood today.  Thank goodness!  I was sick of being down in the dumps.  Wanna know what helped: NEW FOODS!

1001270007

1001270008

How pretty is that starfruit!?  And I am officially in love with them…they remind me of grapes, but even better somehow!

And not only did I try that new fruit, but I made a new sandwich!  Weeeee…I am on a roll here!  I took the eggplant slices from last night and grilled them on our indoor grill, along with a 1/3 of a red bell pepper.  I put a bit of olive oil on the grill to keep everything from grilling.

1001270006

I had all the veggies on a piece of my Artisan Flatbead Folds with a Laughing Cow Light wedge, tomato slices and spinach (you don’t see the spinach because i put it on later, as it kinda made the sandwich look ugly! Ha-ha!

1001270010

Before I to run out the door and do boat work I had one of my Vegan Energy Bars via Mama Pea.  I warmed it up for 15 minutes and it tasted awesome!

1001270011

I returned home famished and had to have one of my favorite snacks: PB and carrots!  I only wish I had an orange…it’s been a while since I’ve had that combo!

1001270015

I was still hungry so I had a small mug of Cinnamon Grahams…too yummy!

1001270018

I finally went out and replenished my food stash and returned with a very upset tummy because it needed to be fed!  I had my leftover lentils from last night with the added eggplant, in which I added some cauliflower topped on spinach.

1001270019

I ended the meal with 2/3 of a mango before I felt full and actually STOPPED.  I’m one to always finish what’s on my plate…but this time I actually stop.  I had the biggest grin on my face that I was actually able to do this at dinner!  So proud of myself!  It might seem menial…but it’s a huge factor in my intuitive eating endeavor.  One step at a time!

I’ll probably have a snack before I go to bed since I can still feel a lingering hungry in my belly (no carbs at dinner = ingrained hunger!) but I’m off to watch one of the last of eight Ugly Betty episodes left…waaaahhh!  I’m so sad it’s been cancelled!

Off to get a good nights sleep and get ready for an airboat filled day tomorrow!  We ended up not going out today because we had other things to do (like siphon gas out of boat gas tanks)…till tomorrow!  I will be busy!

This entry was posted in New Foods. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Can I Get A “What-What?!”

1. moretolifethanlettuce says:

starfruit! so cool! love the pics in this post. nice work recognizing your hunger signals…i'm a member of the clean plate club, i think after having an ED i just don't trust my hunger cues anymore, but that's something to work on! very inspirational :)

2. Food Makes Fun Fuel says:

Starfruit–can't say I've had it, but I love how it looks

3. jenngirl says:

Starfruit makes me realize how freaking amazing nature is! Something that beautiful, that we can EAT?! Incredible :)

And congrats on feeling confident on intuitive eating, definitely something I'm desperately trying to grasp right now. I know it can be done!

4. Mama Pea says:

"What what!!!" I totally reheat those energy bars..the chips get all melty. Mmmm, good thinking!

5. Emily says:

Your food looks beautiful and delicious and I'm so happy that it has brought you out of your rut! What-What!?

6. Jessica @ The Process of Healing says:

Good job on the intuitive eating! that is so so hard for me.

And i've never had star fruit but it's so pretty!!

Your sandwich also looks delicious.. and i'm convinced that laughing cow cheese is like the best thing ever invented haha.. besides almond butter and oats. :)

7. Jessie (Vegan-minded) says:

I have a starfruit tree in my back yard and I have more fruit than I know what to do with. I can give you an entire bag if you want!

8. tiffnie says:

I love starfruit! I find them too pretty to eat, though ^_^

9. adantatslife says:

yay for trying new food! i've never had starfruit, but it's so pretty! and congrats on stopping when full — i'm still working on that! :)

10. brandi says:

new foods are always fun! and I love starfruit. haven't had it in a while, but it's so pretty :)

11. findinghappinessandhealth says:

i LOVED star fruit when i was a kid- maybe because of the shape? hahah i admit. but i want one now! i am glad you tried to do something to get out of your rut :) yayy and also congrats on being closer to intuitive eating!!

xoxo
    shelley

I'll have to get brave and try star fruit one day!

Don't Mama Peas bars ROCK???

13. fleur says:

Ugly Betty has been cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Star fruits are amazing I havent seen them in the shops for ages :(

14. Amanda - RunToTheFinish says:

Ok first yes I too watch ugly betty and am very sad!!

awesome you figured out the star fruit, i will now be getting some

15. Jeri says:

starfruit are so pretty. I've never actually eaten one b/c they're so darn expensive. KICK SOME BUTT THIS WEEKEND GIRLY!!!! I'm sending my speedy vibes your way. :D

16. Katie says:

I love starfruit!

17. sweetandfit says:

I love your new foods!

I have never had a starfruit – I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for them next time I go to the asian grocery store. hope you had a great weekend!