Christmas in Arizona

Did you miss them?  My year in review:

What a few days it’s been!  I got back from Arizona lat night with my mom and brothers and couldn’t have asked for a better three-day trip!

My brothers spent most of the car ride doing this:

2009_1230Arizona20090023

They say they’re catching up on lost sleep from college…um, they got out of school almost TWO WEEKS AGO.  Crazy boys…gotta love em’!

Anyhow, I finally got to see some of my cousins that I rarely get to see since they live in Arizona…thought my cousin Josh plays semi-pro baseball in Florida, where I am half the time anyhow!

2009_1230Arizona20090029

We almost has all my cousins together from my Mom’s side of the family…we were only missing one of my cousins, Chris.  So close…so close.

We arrived on Monday evening and left Wednesday mid-day, in which everyday was jam packed!  But Tuesday was exciting since I got to see Jenn!  I know I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this girl is one of the best around.  We first met each other last January (along with Heather and Gina) when I was in Arizona going out to Florida for work and throughout the year we have talked so much  via phone, texting, gchat and video chat…it was so good to see her in person again!

She took me to this great place called First Watch in Scottsdale, and we both settled on the Tri-athlete Omelette which was made of egg whites and veggies with a side of salsa, fruit and a dry English muffin.

2009_1230Arizona20090031

I can’t wait to see Jenn again in 2010!  So much excitement in the year to come for the both of us!

2009_1230Arizona20090032

We had a farewell dinner with my cousins at a place that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fieri, called Joe’s Farm Grill.

They’re known for using vegetables and fruits that grows right there in their backyard and using the freshest and most natural ingredients they can use.  They provide very common items on their menu like burgers, fries, hot dogs and chili, but they also have other great things like what I got for dinner:

Grilled Portobello Mushroom Farm Fresh Salad

2009_1230Arizona20090043

And I shared the side of Sweet Potato Fries my brothers subbed out with the regular fries their meal came with.

2009_1230Arizona20090047

To end out the meal we had their Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Split Sandwich that was filled w/ pb, strawberries, bananas, pineapples and chocolate chips.  It sounded good, but wasn’t the greatest.  I shared it with my brothers, and ended up just digging out the pb insides, leaving the bread behind (it was covered/swimming in butter. eh).

2009_1230Arizona20090049

I think one of the exciting parts of the restaurant though was the bathroom. It was unisex, so it had a urinal, but the funny part was the TV above it.

2009_1230Arizona20090050

After we finished dinner we had our Christmas with my Mom’s side of the family, in our hotel rooms:

The kids

2009_1230Arizona20090052

The parents

2009_1230Arizona20090059

The kids taking pictures of the parents:

IMAGE_183

Hahaha…I thought it was pretty funny.

And I couldn’t resist showing you my cute cousin:

2009_1230Arizona20090062

It was a great vacation with the family!  Stay tuned for my New Years Resolutions today or tomorrow!

Happy New Years Everyone!!!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Christmas in Arizona

1. Food Makes Fun Fuel says:

That restaraunt sounds like a hoot!

2. ktbwood says:

that grilled PB sandwich sounds AWESOME! but i can see how it would be just average..cause you can make that at your own home! that shroom salad, however..sounds AWESOME! have a great NYE girl!

3. findinghappinessandhealth says:

haha your cousin is sooo cute & you are absolutely stunning (seriously, girl!!) glad you ejoyed your time with your family. the portabella mushroom salad looks amazing- i looove thos ekind of salads. sorry about the disappointment w/t he pb sandwich, still sounds pretty delish haha. i love first watch!!

xoo
    shelley

4. From Here to There. In Purple. says:

haah your cousin is too cute!

wishing you a very happy safe and healthy new year, lovely lady!

rebecca <3

5. Emily says:

those sweet potato fries look amazing!

happy new year's!!!!

6. lovinlosing says:

haha! Love the TV! We have a restaurant in my town that was also on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. http://lovinlosing.com/2009/11/06/no-more-whining/

7. Jenny says:

you and bender?! aw mannnnnn. I want to be there!!

8. moretolifethanlettuce says:

your cousin is precious! what a fun time you must've had with your bloggie friends :). oh man my brothers sleep for days like yours do..must be a guy thing

9. funnyemily says:

happy new year! hope you enjoy it!!
    xoxo

10. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

I saw the comment you left on Heather's blog. I live in Phx/Scottsdale. I was ironically on a trip with the Massive Blogger Meetup happened :) but if you're ever in AZ again, holla!

11. Lele says:

Oh my God, a bathroom with a TV? I know a lot of guys who would NEVER LEAVE.

12. Jenn (eating bender) says:

So much fun! This has been such an amazing year for you, lady. I am so happy that I could be along for the ride through our various methods of communication :o) You are truly a special person and I am always so grateful that I can call you a friend!

Have an amazing NYE and keep me updated during your long drive next week!

P.S. That PB split sandwich? I'll take two, pleeeaase!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Blogger meet ups are too much fun…

14. jenngirl says:

Aw glad you had such a great trip with the fam!

And Diners Drive-Ins and Dives is such a fun show, cool that you got to go to a featured restaurant! haha the TV urinal is hysterical!

Jenn is so amazing (so are you!) I'm hoping for some blogger meet-ups in 2010!

Happy New Year!

15. chrystad72 says:

Ha! That restaurant looks like too much fun. Great food pics too. The grilled portobello and salad dish sounds awesome! I gotta give that a try! I hope you had an awesome New Years!!

16. purplepinkytoes says:

Happy New Year, Melissa!

17. theemptynutjar says:

You are beautiful Melissa! Absolutely. This post was great. Happy 2010 , you deserve it :)

18. Anonymous says:

This might sound a bit weird, but I've been following your blog for a long time & always wonder what you use on your beautiful skin?? You look great!