2009 Recap: Pt. 2

Ready to finish off the year with me?!  It was freak’n crazy!

June:

I saw my first Manatee ever in the wild, watched a loggerhead turtle lay her eggs, and of course spent time on Cocoa Beach with Meghann, her family, and Brad.

[blog3452.jpg]

I showed you Life in the Day of a Field Technician.  I know you want my job…;)

BigGrassySurvey5 038 BigGrassySurvey5 030 BigGrassySurvey5 036

I showed you my Life List.

I finished my job in Florida and went on an awesome vacation with Brad to Miami, South Beach, and the Florida Keys:

fl_vaca_brad 226 fl_vaca_brad 038 fl_vaca 121

July:

Then I spent 4th of July in Del Rio, Texas!

Del Rio 058 Del Rio 040

Ran the local city 10k I do every year:

[Book 003[2].jpg]

August:

Met up with a great blogger friend: Caroline!

[blog 024[2].jpg]

Did an insane amount of scrapbooking!

Guest Posts:

Wild West Relay!!!

WWR 097 amanda6 IMAGE_042

I started my new job with Hawkwatch International in Smith Point, Texas counting migratory hawks:

[blog 095[2].jpg]

A Different Kind of Post (Eating disorder related)

I got to hold my first Hummingbird!

blog 189

September:

More Hummingbird Trapping and Banding!

blog 295

October:

Sadly, I got my heart broken

I had a Running Realization while training for the San Antonio Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon

I peaked for my 1/2 Marathon training at 12 miles, got my first chance to bake with some great friends, and got a new job!

[blog 369[2].jpg]

I let you see Life in Smith Point, Texas

November:

One of many floods in Texas

DSCF1976

Ran my first HALF MARATHON in San Antonio, Texas!  Which included fun beforehand at the Riverwalk and Health Expo.

blog 106

Thanksgivings #1, #2, #3, and #4!

Ran the Dana Point 10k Turkey Trot with my brothers and cousin!

blog 105

A Weighty Issue (Eating Disorder related post)

December:

I drove up to Sacramento for the first time to visit my best friend

blog 057

Blogger meet-up with Lara from Thinspired!

[blog0422.jpg]

I was on TV in Sacramento to promote Operation Beautiful!

Had a Blogger Sleepover with Bobbi and took my first kickboxing class!

[bobbi 131[2].jpg]

Lots of Holiday Baking for friends, bloggers and family!

blog 240

Christmas Time (the only time you can get my entire family together)

2009_1225Christmas20090099

All that’s left is New Years, Mom’s 52nd Birthday and Craig and Eric’s 22nd Birthday!

Hope you enjoyed my recap, especially those who have just started reading the blog!  I am so grateful to all you lovely readers following me through the year!!!

This entry was posted in Year in Review. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to 2009 Recap: Pt. 2

1. ktbwood says:

loved your recap!! i wana run a half marathon too! you have inspired me!!

2. lizzy says:

FUN post and WOW you had a very successful year with many fun accomplishments!! congrats and goodluck in 2010! xoxo!

3. moretolifethanlettuce says:

manatee!! so cool about being on tv for operation beautiful. and you got to hold a hummingbird? OMG! that is awesome! you are so beautifuL!!

4. funnyemily says:

love the recap!
    you are an amazing runner girl! never forget that!
    happy new year!
    xoxo

5. John says:

M, you are obviously an extraordinary woman with an extraordinary blog – thanks for sharing so much of your life with the blogger-verse!

Congrats on a lesson-filled 2009, and much good luck with 2010 – it's sure to be filled with many, many new adventures.

6. Jeri says:

Awwww I made your blog, I'm so happy. :D Look at all that you've accomplished in one small stinkin' year! I see big things for you in 2010 chica. Keep being that strong gorgeous girl that you are.
    Also, I would be ok with seeing you in 2010, so we should make that happen. ;)

7. jenngirl says:

You have seriously been all over the place and done so many interesting things in only a year! Something that stands out is how you displayed your strength by overcoming a few tough points during the year. You have truly grown so much, I hope you recognize it! :)

8. Emily says:

Loved these posts – what a great year! :)

9. K from ksgoodeats says:

What a wonderful recap! Happy NYE :)

10. RunToTheFinish says:

what a year you have had, so much change and so much going on. Can't wait to see you in Florida again!!

11. From Here to There. In Purple. says:

Looks like you've had a wonderful year, congrats! Here's to an even bigger and better 2010

wishing you a very happy safe and healthy new year, lovely lady!

rebecca <3

12. Jenny says:

ah that little hummingbird is such a cutiepie! reminds me of pochohantas :) flick!

I know this past year has had it's fair shares of ups!! and unfortunately, some downs … but I know you are stronger for it and will be able to tackle all of the challenges that lay ahead of you in 2010. Hoping there will be very few :) Love you beebz!!

13. Danielle says:

And we are grateful for you! You have most definitely been through a lot this year but I hope you know that you have so much more to get excited about in the future, wonderful things that will be both surprises and expectations come true. Keep in mind as well that you are such a beautiful inside and out and deserve all the good coming your way :). Sending my best for the new year and beyond! Enjoy the celebration tonight!

You sure had a full year! I know there were some not so fun parts, but they only serve to make us stronger in the long run. You have a lot of great experiences to take with you into the future, Melissa!! :)

15. thenheathersaid says:

great recap! I found your blog (through Lindsey of Sound Eats!) today and simply love it! I'll be reading regularly, now!

:) Happy New Year~!

16. carolinebee says:

Awww Melissa, such a great year!! I loveddd meeting u so much and I love the positivity, brutal honesty and realism that just oozes from your blog :D Best of luck on your new adventures, ha hopefully we shall meet again..somewhere in the US!? xo

17. Thinspired says:

What a year you've had! Yay for bloggie meet ups! :) I know you've had some rough moments this year, but overall you've done some truly amazing things with your work and personal goals.
    I am just catching up on your posts and read your resolutions. Love them all, especially #4 and #5. Need to work on those, too!