I’m in Arizona right now until Wednesday so posting will be a bit sporadic…I wrote this the other day and it was supposed to post last night, but it didn’t! Freak’n blogger. Oh well!
Don’t think I forgot to share my Christmas Eve Dinner Recipe with you! It’s really easy to do and doesn’t take much time at all!
Zucchini Tofu Roll Ups
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu, smashed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- Italian seasoning
- Jar of Marinara (or whatever kind of sauce you want)
- 2 Zucchinis, cut into long slices
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Slice Zucchini into long slices and steam for a few minutes, just to soften them enough to roll.
2. Sauté the onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil until browned, then add in smashed tofu and Italian seasoning to taste (I did a few good shakes).
3. I used two different sauces, but you can obviously use one or the other.
Mix in sauce with cooked tofu mash enough to make it stick together well, but without becoming runny.
4. Take a spoonful of tofu mix and lay out on 2/3 of the sliced zucchini, leaving the last 1/3 uncovered.
5. Roll zucchini from the end where the tofu sits, and roll, keeping fingers on the side to prevent the tofu mix from squishing out the sides.
6. Place tofu roll in a pan (I had tomato sauce smeared on the bottom, you can just spray the pan if you want) and line next to each other to keep them from opening up and unrolling.
7. Spread extra sauce on top of the rolls and add cheese if you would like (I don’t have cheese on mine because I’m lactose intolerant…and just forgot to put them on my Dad’s, the ones with the alfredo sauce)
(I had some extra tofu mix leftover so I put it in a few mushroom caps with extra sauce on the top)
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, covered, or until warmed all the way through. Serve with rice or couscous on the side!
Hope you try the recipe! It’s great and if you’re afraid of tofu, the taste of the texture, I swear this one makes it seem like cottage/ricotta cheese in there.
I’m sneaky like that!