My Tear Damns Broke

I swear, I have some of the best friends in the entire world.  Just when I need them the most, they are always there for me.  Always

This made me cry.  Happy tears of course…

2009_1226Christmas20090016

I am always posting Operation Beautiful notes for others…but this time…

This time they came back, just for me.

2009_1226Christmas20090019  2009_1226Christmas20090017 2009_1226Christmas20090018 2009_1226Christmas20090020 2009_1226Christmas20090021 2009_1226Christmas20090022 2009_1226Christmas20090023

As of late, I have been having an amazing time at home with my family, but on the other hand, on the inside, under all the smiles and cheers, I have been struggling and overwhelmed with an uncanny amount of guilt.

Ever since getting home and realizing that many of my clothes done fit and I’ve gained XX amount of pounds, my head has not been where it should be.  On top of that I lost a huge supporter with whom had moved me so far in my recovery this year and I can’t get them back the way they used to help me.

This was probably the best Christmas present I got this year.  Not that my other presents weren’t great and didn’t come from the heart, but this one…it was different.  Unique and personal.

Quite possibly the best thing I could have gotten.

I’m really still quite speechless over this gift, so I’m going to sign off for now.  I simply have no more words I can say.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My Tear Damns Broke

1. Jenny says:

I hope you internalized and took to heart every sweet word that your friends said — because they are SO TRUE! If I could I would decorate your entire room in OB notes. You are so worthy of all the praise and love in the world!!! **hugs hugs hugs**

2. itsawrapteacher says:

That is so wonderful and thoughtful. You deserve every bit of such beautiful words.

3. Food Makes Fun Fuel says:

I think I love the note about tofu being gross. It's so true–eat what you love because you love it! Although I must admit, I'm totally in love with tofu for it's funky flavor and texture lol

4. ktbwood says:

oh my gosh this is SO beautiful-and EVERY single note is SO true girl, you deserved this.. i hope this goes straight to your heart because that is where it belongs! this is awesome girl!

5. Tricia says:

Such wonderful friends!

6. moretolifethanlettuce says:

SO SWEET! love those operation beautiful notes, i noticed them for the first time in the bathroom at Cal, lol. Sorry to hear that you lost an important support in your life, but it seems as though you still have wonderful friends who can fill that void!

7. Emily says:

Awh, Melissa, you so deserve such a gift and ITS ALL TRUE! Smile and be strong. :)

8. purplepinkytoes says:

Thank you for this amazing and inspiring post. I can tell through the blogging community that you are always doing kind things for others, and it is great to see you getting back! <3! Stay strong!

9. chrystad72 says:

That is amazing!!! They are all so true! You are absolutely fabulous girl=)

10. findinghappinessandhealth says:

that is so thoughtful of them to put the notes on there like that. you totally deserve to believe everything those notes say!! i really hope you ar eable to feel better about yourself- bc you seem to be at a healthier, happier place now :) love ya girl!

11. funnyemily says:

what a perfect gift! you best believe everyone of those words because they are the truest words!
    girl you are so strong and so beautiful, nothing takes that away!
    xoxo

12. Danielle says:

I am so happy that you received such a thoughtful card because you deserve it in every which way. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out, and I hope that it all together made it easier for you to let yourself shine in all your glory. Believe in those words sweetheart, every single day.

13. fleur says:

Thats so lovely and so thoughtful, and all true :) x

14. Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind says:

OMG too weird. I'm in a very similar situation. When I was home visiting my family, I had a GREAT time. One thing that bothered me, though, is that there were all sorts of cookies, cakes, etc. around, and I didn't eat any of them. I know that sounds weird, but I'm working on being able to include things like that in my diet, as it has been way too strict for a long time. I knew it would take a lot of determination and focus to be able to conquer eating a treat, so I decided to save that mental energy for time with my family instead. I'm glad I made the decision I did, but it still bothered me some. Also, similar to you, I just got a card in the mail this morning from all the students in one of my graduate classes that I was unable to finish (due to taking off because of my ED). My professor knows my situation, but she simply told everyone in my class I was "sick." Each of them wrote me little notes inside a Christmas card. It was amazing! Really lifted my spirit! Stay strong! Look how many people care about you and love you just the way you are! One of these days you'll look back on all of this and be able to smile. :)

15. jenngirl says:

That is the most amazing and incredible gift I could ever imagine. You deserved to hear EVERY single one of those great things, and it makes me so happy to know there are people in your life who are going to tell you them!

Believe that you are beautiful and special, because you are! :)

I love those notes. The one about sweat being God's body glitter was the best ever (for me). I'll remember that one everytime I feel like slacking on a workout. Thanks for sharing, Melissa!!

17. K from ksgoodeats says:

Aw – what a beautiful gift! You deserve all of the happiness in the world, my dear :)

18. lovinlosing says:

You have awesome friends!!

19. theemptynutjar says:

1) i like the new picture on your header
    2) you do have WONDERFUL friends..and u have people here
    3) #s are silly…forget it…do u see SEE what u can do???
    u can run, read, write, study, laugh with friends, bake, cook, travel…
    do you know how GREAT that is
    …dear YOU are GOOD…you are GREAT…
    i would give anything to be able to do more, to be at peace with my position in life…instead my life is a mess….everything i have lost….i admire u…
    i know u struggle…it never ends…
    give yourself some peace girl…go eat a cookie or 5 :)
    you are good.

20. Meredith (Pursuing Balance) says:

That is the sweetest gift!

21. BOBBI McCORMICK says:

I posted your workout today!!!!

22. Nicci@NiftyEats says:

That really is a great gift from friends!! I'd be crying tears of joy too!