I Could Stuff the Cookie Monster

It was bake on today!  But that was after all the other things I did in the morning before the baking commenced.

With a day planned full of appointments and errands, I awoke early, extremely groggy and terrifying to my dog, who ran away with his tail between his legs at my scowl, and set out for the strength training boot camp in mind

I wanted to run about 15 minutes beforehand, but that didn’t happen.

My still leg hurts.

Boo.

So I did the smart thing, ran around the block just enough to get my heart pumping, which took 5 minutes, then started my Bootcamp!  It consisted of a wide range of moves…which I can’t recall as they were all spur of the moment and I didn’t write them down.  I’m lazy like that, sorry.  It did take a me full 45 minutes to finish though!  I was a sweaty beast afterwards!

Oats in a jar happened again this morning with my Naturally Nutty PB waiting to be finished…and was the same as the other day.  Except I added Newman’s Own Organics Dried Cranberries:

blog 234

I quickly showered my stinky self and shot off to the dentist (again) with my family to get a clean up.  Two hrs later (the whole family got cleaned…family event at Christmas! hah!) we shot out of there with nice pearly whites.

Lunch was on the road and luckily I remembered that was going to happen, so I brought along a banana and my Luna Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, which was totally better than the Cookie Dough one!  OMG it was pb chocolately goodness in my mouth.  Sadly, it didn’t keep me filled very long, even with the banana.  Guess I’m more of a volume eater.

Mom and I finally decided on Christmas Even and Christmas Dinner Menu’s (to be revealed tomorrow) while at the grocery store and my mom proceeded to spend money on things we didn’t need…like plastic utensils and plates.  I HATE buying disposable stuff like that.  Pisses me off to no end…all they do is end up in a dumpster and rot for years in a landfill that takes up space and which could be used for something else like restoration projects, and it doesn’t degrade as any rate that’s acceptable…ok, ramble over.

Anyhow…I snacked on an apple and Slightly Salted Soy Crisps from Newman’s Own Organics and then started on baking for family plates to give away on Christmas Eve.

We started off with some Whipper Snappers:

Spiced Cake Variety

blog 240

Strawberry Variety

blog 243

And then made a semi-healthier version of Muddy Buddies…basically by omitting the margarine/butter that’s called for.  Ergo, super easy recipe:

• 9 Cups of Chex (any kind, I used half wheat, half rice)
  • 1C Chocolate Chips
  • 1/2C Natural PB
  • Powdered Sugar

Basically melt the chocolate w/ the pb, drizzle over chex, stir till covered and coat with some powdered sugar!

Easy as box cake (cause seriously, cake from scratch can be a b*tch!)

blog 236    blog 244 blog 245

Of course I had to make sure it tasted ok since I tweeked the recipe…

blog 238

Don’t hate at my messy counter in the background.  Hate my mom.  Haha.  It’s her kitchen.

My Mom cheated by calling for help from Otis Spunkmeyer because she thinks my Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies have too much oatmeal in them:

blog 249

And then proceeded to bash my baking by making more of Otis’ cookies: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

blog 233

Geez Mom, no faith (ok, I’m lying, she bought this prepared cookie dough from a fundraiser from my cousin…helped me out in the kitchen, but then I feel like a cheater. LOL).

I might have sampled a bit too much of my Muddy Buddy Mix so I settled on a simple yet filling dinner inspired by Caitlin and the Mini Quiches she’s made in the past…

blog 246

For mine I mixed two egg whites with 1/2C cooked chickpeas, some artichoke hearts and broccoli, and microwaved in a bowl for three minutes.

Perfecto!  I sided it with some salsa and an Arnold’s Thin.

blog 247

Now I need to respond to a gagillion emails since I’ve been avoiding my computer the past two days, and get ready for a Pancake Breakfast tomorrow morning with a good friend of mine I haven’t seen in over TWO YEARS!

Ciao!

This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to I Could Stuff the Cookie Monster

1. ktbwood says:

your mini quiche is ADORABLE! sorry your leg still hurts girl :( i hope it gets better asap! and those cookies..droool..you are such a little home maker!

2. caronae says:

I had a baking extravaganza tonight too! So much fun. I always called the chex mix stuff "puppy chow" which is kind of a weird name, lol, I think I like muddy buddies better!

3. moretolifethanlettuce says:

That quiche idea is so good! ahh muddy buddies! we used to make bags of those and sell them as a water polo fundraiser, haha. i'm sorry your leg is hurting, hope it feels better soon! that is so funny about your family xmas dentist trip. all the baked goodies look delicious!

4. lighterportions says:

Ahhh the holiday baking. I think I'm going to be doing a bunch of that tomorrow! I wanted to make some muddy buddies too, it's been sooo long since I've had that. Most addicting stuff EVER. Did you notice a huge dif without the butter though? I'm assuming it's still amaaazing.

5. findinghappinessandhealth says:

those mini quiches sound amazing! sorry about hte leg… i hope it feel sbetter. and i'm sure youll be a great help in the holiday cooking!!

xoxo
    shelley

6. BOBBI McCORMICK says:

How fun!!!! I am pooped from Baking!!! I hope you have fun with your friend in the morning sweet dreams:)

7. fleur says:

Your baked goods looks so yummy :) what a busy day

8. christie, honoring health says:

So weird that you posted the muddy buddies recipe! We call that puppy chow or white trash :) and I was just looking up how to make it yesterday!

9. Mica says:

You really were a baking machine!

I think it's funny you call it "muddy buddies." On the East coast, we say "garbage/trash", and I've heard some people call it "puppy chow."

10. funnyemily says:

that quiche looks so good!! and mad baking skills! everything looks great :)
    ah hope your leg feels better soon, rest rest rest.
    happy hump day!

11. Erica says:

Nice job on the baking! I just love spending time in the kitchen around Christmas. Oh my goodness- I LOVE puppy chow/muddy buddies. I haven't had it in forever. I love your healthier version. Great job on the workout but sorry to hear about your leggy!

12. sweetandfit says:

great job on boot camp! I really hope your legs heals up!

I don't think oatmeal cookies can have too much oatmeal in them – thats why they are called *oatmeal* cookies, lol

i'm trying to figure out my christmas eve menu too – looking forward to seeing yours…I would be pissed too if my mom bought plastic utlensils —uuugh!!!!

13. Katie says:

Nice job on all of the baking! And I LOVE that you made Muddy Buddies… so freaking addicting.

14. K from ksgoodeats says:

Nicely done with the baking! I'm off to get started on mine after I finish this comment :) Everything looks delish!

Sorry about the leg – hope it feels better soon!!

15. Emily says:

Looks like you made some delish treats! I think I might do some baking today in prep for Christmas eve. :-)

Sorry your leg has been bothering you. My hamstring has, and it's so annoying. It's hard when you have the motivation to run, but you can't because of an injury. :-(

16. Anne says:

Aww, sorry about your leg :( The baked goods look delicious though! Love the muddy buddies and whipper snappers :)

17. purplepinkytoes says:

yay for making a smart decision in terms of running! :)

18. theemptynutjar says:

You are amazing!
    What beautiful cookies and stuff. You are really making the most of your christmas – so nice to see.

19. glidingcalm says:

i talk about your cookies in my post today!!!!! they are amazing!! all of that baking looks sooo sooo good, but I totally am all over that Chex loving!! i might have to make some!

i am so with you on the disposable utensils and what not…….. my Mom even once said, "Maybe we should bring our own tupperware to the thai take out restaurant, so they don't have to give us non-disposable containers to bring home!!" LOLZ

i hope your leg feels better soooooooooon!

love you!

I love all your baking!!! YUM!

21. jenngirl says:

Sorry about your leg, but it sounds like you had a nice heart pumping work out this morning in spite of it! I'm thinking of doing my own sporatic strength routine in the morning ;)

My mom and I planned menus today too! It was a relief to have that planned finally!

Delicious baking, looks like you did a great job :)

22. Jeri says:

ugh I'm the same when when it comes to disposable anything. my friends know to at least pretend not to use them when I'm around b/c I'll rant their ears off. ;) It's a start I guess. Hope the leggy feels better.