Tis Baking Time…

I was a baking machine today, which totally lifted my mood, considering the not so stellar morning I had!

I woke up way the heck early (I can never sleep in at home; anyone else like this, if you live away?!) and found out that my toes were in an ENORMOUS amount of pain.  Upon examination they weren’t swollen or anything, but I suppose the best way to describe it would be: tightThey were as hard as rocks.  No joke.  And they hurt, VERY BADLY.  I could barely walk on them since they hurt to the touch.  I laid around for a while with my legs up against the wall hoping that would help, but did nothing.  Ideas?  I’m totally at a loss!

Anyhow, it was chilly this morning (not compared to some others where it was in the single digits or below zero!) so of course I had to have oats: apple cinnamon peanut butter!

blog 079

I spent the morning catchin up on your lovely bloggies and trying to figure out what was wrong with my toes when I finally got off my butt to go run.  That made my toes feel better as I moved, but afterwards it was worse than when I started.  Ack, and of course the 7.5 miles weren’t even that great anyhow.

Actually, it totally sucked.  I was trying to focus on the present, the mile that I was in instead of dreading on the miles to come, but I was still eck.  I think I was actually hungry and lacking fuel since I waited too long after breakfast.

Ok, rant over.

I cleaned up and got in some food as I was totally starving.  I had an Arnold’s Thin w/ one egg and one white, laughing cow light cheese, tomatoes and spinach.  On the side I had some carrots and hummus

blog 081

And a crunchy, unripe enough mango.  Blah.

blog 082

That didn’t hold me over long at all so I decided on a treat courtesy of Newman’s Own Organics!  I decided to try their Original HermitsI am IN LOVE.  These babies are so soft, chewy, flavorful and stuffed with lots of plump raisins!!  It was a wonder I was able to restrain myself to one.

blog 084

I spent the rest of the afternoon baking, but it’s being kept a secret because there are some ladies out there that are actually going to be receiving them sooooooooooonnnnnn!  In the midst, I consumed more baby carrots and pretzel thins w/ hummus, and another apple

But I was super excited for dinner, as it consisted of ROASTED VEGETABLES!  I roasted an entire Eggplant and Butternut Squash with Italian seasonings, added the eggplant to chickpeas, marinara, spinach and japanese rice…

blog 085

And had like, 1/2 the butternut squash on the side…with a wee bit of ketchup.

blog 090 blog 091

Anyone have any weekend plans?!  I’m going to be meeting up with one of my favorite bloggers, Bobbi (!!!) for a SLEEPOVER and other fun things you’ll find out about tomorrow and the day after!  I know you’re going to be excited for it!

13 Responses to Tis Baking Time…

1. christie, honoring health says:

I have yoga teacher training on Saturday which will take up most of the day. I have to leave around 6:30 tomorrow morning and will probably get back home around 4ish. Then, I plan to do a bunch of nothing else except probably a yoga class on Sunday morning.

Have fun at the sleepover!!!

2. balancejoyanddelicias says:

such a fun day! I love spending a day at home just for baking and cooking, it puts me in a very good mood without an understandable reason! :)
    Horay for blogger meetup! Have fun!

3. Erica says:

Odd about your toes? I wonder whats up with that. Glad you made it through the run!! I just went on a 6 miler and boy was it COLD (for Charleston). What a fabulous lunch. I love a good egg and veggie sammy. Newmans Own Organics products rock. Love hermits <3. Can't wait to see what you baked up. Enjoy your weekend!!

That b-nut squash looks mouth watering!!!

Hope the toes are feeling better!

5. K from ksgoodeats says:

Sorry about the tootsies!! LOVE Hermits – now I'm craving some. Have a fun sleep over!

6. funnyemily says:

hmm that sounds like a charlie horse in your toes to me. i'd try massaging them, getting some potassium, lots of water. just guesses mind you :)
    aside from the toes, your day sounds fab!! can't wait till i'm home so i can do some baking!!
    have wonderful weekend!!

7. ktbwood says:

ahh sorry about your toes girl!!! what a fun day baking..im gona make my momma get me some Bnut squash now!

8. theemptynutjar says:

I hope your toes feel better.
    Squash and chickpeas sound great!

9. Missy says:

Such a fun day of baking! Your squash looks great! Have fun at your meetup!

10. findinghappinessandhealth says:

i'm jealous of your baking :) looks like you had a really enjoyable day though. & a great run!

xoxo
    shelley

11. lizzy says:

sorry about the blah run…I always hate them during the run, but then dont mind terrible runs after they are over because they make good runs seem amazing! YUMMY baking…can't wait until you share! What kind of seasonings did you put on your butternut squash, it looks delicious! hope you have a great weekend!!

12. lynn @ the actors diet says:

i recently discovered hermits as well. they are freaking fabulous, aren't they?!?!?

13. Mica says:

That is really weird about your rock-toes! I wonder what causes that. Have you been stressed and clenching your feet or something?

Mmm, a baking day!