Time to go to the Capital City!

First of all, thanks for the comments on my last post; I was brought to tears by the compassion and support every blogger comment provided and I’m absolutely speechless.  Thank you all so, so much.  I don’t know where I would be without you.

On to happier things!  I headed off to Sacramento today!!!

blog 025

It’s a six hour drive to the capital city and to me, that’s nothing compared to the driving I’ve been doing lately…I mean, LA to Las Cruces = 12 hrs!

Anyhow, up early I had the quickest breakfast to start: Kashi Honey Sunshine, banana, frozen raspberries and unsweetened almond breeze.

blog 021

I left my house around 11am and was set with a lunch in tow!

First up, an apple (sorry for the crotch shot!)

blog 023

And a ww pita filled with natural pb…You can never have enough Peanut Butter!

blog 032

I decided I’d show off some of the boring valleys that I drove through today:

Tajon Pass (renowned for the fact that you climb 5,000 ft in elevation in about 20 miles, and then come all the way back down to sea level in another 20.

Tajon Pass = overheated radiators.  Always.  I believe I saw at least five.

blog 034

And then I saw this, and smelled it (crap and rotting flesh?!) and remembered exactly why I have been a vegetarian for almost EIGHT YEARS.

blog 035 blog 036

That is a cow lot, or slaughter farmGross.

Orange a few hours later, with three unpictured whole wheat mini raspberry and chocolate chip muffins (which, somehow how no chocolate chips…I needed chocolate!!!)

blog 037

Sunset entering Sacramento!

blog 038

Emily and I were starving by the time we finally met up and headed straight to Olive Garden: Soup, Salad and Breadsticks all the way!

I had the minestrone soup

blog 041

one garlic breadstick

blog 042

and three bowls of salad, sans as much dressing as I could…I’m not a huge fan of Italian, but I tolerate it.

blog 043

Now I’m chilling out watching Gossip Girl and ready to hit the hay…driving and packing late in the evening and early in the morning makes me le tired…g’night!

Don’t forget to comment on my Oh Nuts! Giveaway!!!

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Time to go to the Capital City!

1. findinghappinessandhealth says:

glad you got the support that you need :) loove kashi honey sunshine & raspberries! & i've heard great things about the olive garden salad bar… never been though

xoxo
    shelley

2. Meredith (Pursuing Balance) says:

Glad you got to Sacramento safely! This is where I found the veggie pot pie recipe: http://megsvegrecipes.blogspot.com/2004/12/best-veggie-pot-pie.html . Enjoy! :)

3. Abbys Vegan Eats says:

Glad you feel supported!!! Hang in there hun.

Enjoy Sacramento.. Im extrememly jealous.. the scenery looks awesome. I enjoy all your car snackies.. we eat very similar! :)

4. emptynutjar says:

Thank you so much for finding my blog! I like your blog a lot. I am going to add you to my roll (perhaps you will do likewise if I maintain your interest :)
    Your food looks great. And re your last post: you are amazing. And you are more. You are more than your body. More than your voice. More than your skin. More than your clothes. It all just doesn't matter. If you were overweight just by that healthy but common amount, it doesn't matter. You can run 10 or half-marathon? Amazing. Amazing. To be able to do that is amazing. A lot of people lose that ability and yearn for it again but are too broken for it. Stay in your health and your abiliities. I know it must be harder to just say it then to actually think it though. That is why we all need to not think so hard sometimes. Sometimes we would all benefit if we just stopped thinking so hard and instead just chill :)

5. Mica says:

I've never been to Sacramento. Is it nice?

Glad you arrived safely!

6. Emily says:

So exciting – I always forget about the Olive Gardens soup, salad and breadsticks combo. It usually hits the spot! :)

7. From Here to There. In Purple. says:

Endless bowls of salad and breadsticks? What more could you want in a meal.. besides peanut butter of course. I agree, you can NEVER have too much.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, you deserve all the smiles in the world.

love ya bec
    xo

8. ktbwood says:

Thanks for your encouraging comment girlie!! I love olive garden..those breadsticks are seriously of the CHAIN.

9. Jeri says:

Oh man, what restraint with the OG breadsticks. I easily put away 3-4 and take another 3 home w/me. Oh man, I'm craving their food now biiiiiiiig time. That's my post-race go to spot, so maybe I'll have to hit it up in 12 days. Hehe.

Hope you're having a blast w/your friend!

10. Missy says:

Have a great time in Sacramento! I want to go there so bad! I could eat that Olive Garden salad all day!

11. Andrea of Care to Eat says:

I remember that cow "farm" from years ago. When I started learning about factory farming, I thought of that place and the stench that comes from it. Every meat eater should drive by it at least once!

12. Erica says:

Great car eats! That is like EXACTLY what I pack for myself. Love olive garden!!! Their salad is delicious. I haven't been there in forever

13. Megan says:

MMM soup/salad and breadsticks are the best!!! Glad you made it safe and sound!

14. funnyemily says:

glad to hear you're feeling a bit better :)
    i am a honey sunshine lovaaaa + frozen raspberries, awesome :)
    have fun in scaramento! so jealous of your cali life :)
    (wow could i put anymore :) in this comment haha)

Lovely photos of the passes. I haven't been to the Olive Garden in years. They closed the one here down. Hope you and Emily have a blast!

16. Nicci@NiftyEats says:

I love Sacramento, where I would love to move back too. lived their as a child.