Because I’m Like That…

I only too four pictures today, and you get to see three.

Everyone has been eating “Eggs in a Basket” and I couldn’t help but jump on the bandwagon…except I hate egg yolks.  Yuck!  They’re all grimy and runny…I can’t stand them.  When people used to give me sunny side up eggs, I would eat the whites around the yolk and if it broke, I ate no more of it.

So, what did I do to ensure I had no runny yokes?  Duh, mix it all together!

blog 403

Oh yeah, and because I had nothing to make a circle for my eggs with my bread slice, I cut a “window” with my knife.  I’m so smart…and to help so when I flipped it egg wouldn’t go everywhere, I mixed the egg around while it was cooking in the “window.”

And I was totally feeling the need for protein today, so I added black beans and salsa on the side…which I eventually dumped on top of the egg and toast.

blog 404

And there was of course, the mandatory carrot and hummus for the day.  More protein!

blog 402

And then cashews.  More protein.  Can you tell?

Oh yeah, but dessert was the best part…and took me all of 5 seconds to engulf: Dark Chocolate Dreams by PB&Co and an orange.  (More protein!)

(I remember when I first tried the pb and orange together, and then heard Meghann tried it and liked it…fantastic discovery!  That’s what happens when you run out of apples and bananas though…)

Off to make sure I don’t get flooded away tonight…flash flood warnings for my entire county until 7am tomorrow!  Whooooohoooo….err, boo?

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Because I’m Like That…

1. jenngirl says:

I've been in desperate need of eggs in a basket, it's a new blog world trend apparently!

2. Mara @ What's For Dinner? says:

Eggs in a basket, toad in a hole, whatever we call it, its SO GOOD!!!!

3. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

I tried the orange and PB after you and Meghann said it was good, and it was. Thanks for the reminder. Love all your protein-filled eats today. :)

4. caronae says:

Dark chocolate dreams pb with an orange sounds great! Have a good Friday/weekend!

5. Diana says:

Those eggs in a basket look so good. I've never tried it!

6. Meghann says:

I hate runny yolks too!!! I ALWAYS mix it together or just use egg whites. :) Runny yolks taste like feet. lol

7. K from ksgoodeats says:

I'm not a fan of runny yolks either! When I used to eat sunny side up eggs, I'd purposely overcook it so the centers wouldn't be runny. Ick!! I do love your eggs in a basket though :)

8. Diana says:

Well I knew PB and chocolate were delicious together, but PB and orange would be a new one for me! Ditto on the egg yolks, too – not a fan! Scrambled or nothin. :)

9. healthy ashley says:

Nice job with the window :) I don't eat eggs anymore, but I bet Eggs in a Basket are great!

I can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!! Let's set up a time as soon as you're back!

10. Mica says:

That's how I make eggs in a basket/toad in a hole too (including cutting out the window)! I hate egg yolks; they are so gross!

Another reason we are meant to be friends.

11. Jenny says:

toad in a hole! mommy used to make that for my every sunday morning — hmm.. I wonder why she stopped. I have to have a few words with her!

PB&Oranges are such a random yet amazing combo.. much like Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger.

Love you, pooks!

12. heartswholefoods says:

I need to jump on the bandwagon too ;) The window idea is brilliant and sounds awesome with those black beans and salsa!

13. Thinspired says:

PB & Orange, huh? I'll have to give it a go! I can't imagine PB being bad on anything!

And I love your version of eggs in a basket…like scrambled eggs in a basket :)