So, this week I have decided to take up a Clean(er) Eating Regime since my pants/shorts are getting a littttttttttle snug as of lately…not something I’m very fond of…I don’t got money to buy new clothes!
Anyhow, these are my ideas for this week:
1. Less processed foods, which means:
- no cereals (unless they’re for meals, no more for snacks)
- less soy products
- less bread products
- no treats or bars
2. And instead try integrating more of these foods into my diet (since I’ve been avoiding them for some odd reason…too lazy to cook them):
- brown rice
- beans (in my case, black and chickpeas)
- homemade sauces (ie marinara)
- natural peanut butter
- homemade polenta
3. More flossing! I know I need to eat the good things for my body, but I need to take more care of the mechanisms that help it digest!
4. More vegetables! I know I get enough fruit in my diet, as I’ve had some people point out, but I don’t think I get enough, or at least an adequate variety of vegetables in my diet throughout the day. Therefore, more veggies!
5. And last but not least, I’m hoping this plan will help me combat my anxiety and boredom eating that I’ve been succumbing too as of late, which as led to my bit of snugger clothes. I’ve been thinking up tactics to combat this but so far they’re all failing. Suggestions? It’s hard to get outside for me here as the bugs are so ridiculous and there aren’t many places for me to go to to get away from the food that I might munch on. I’ve tried reading, I’ve tried writing, I’ve tried calling friends, but they all haven’t done me any good…so any other suggestions would be great!!!
So eating today went pretty well and I’m hoping the rest of the week will go as well too. I started off the morning with some greek yogurt, mixed with cinnamon, an apple, some grapes and some cashews. Was a great combo!
I was running back and forth between the trailer this morning doing some much needed laundry (and successfully flipping my mattress. Fingers crossed for better sleep tonight!) and returned around lunch to lots of birdies, and a sweet storm coming in. I started off with a peach:
And then had two carrots and a 1/3 of a cucumber with pine nut hummus. I seriously love this combo.
Some other birders were kind enough to share some of their fruit. I ate this, times like, six. The pineapple was super super yummy.
Later in the afternoon I was taking lots of photos of the sky, in color and b&w…which is why this one is in b&w since i forgot to change the settings back. Haha. Banana:
And I also had a medium sized baggie of my homemade GORP (oh yeah, super easy to make; just mix together raisins, peanuts, cashews and m&ms/chocolate chips. Voila!)
A storm rolled in and I had to leave my bike there, so I biked to, back and to the tower today…which ended up equaling 6.3 miles. I did a lot of standing and walking around at the tower, so I’m hoping that was enough exercise for today.
I came home and tried to use my oven, but I couldn’t get it to start. Arg. So instead of roasting my vegs w/ seasoning, I had to steam them: broccoli with garlic and Italian seasoning.
I had that plus about 10 of these crackers topped with tomato slices.
And now I’m off to brush and FLOSS, read and work on my long term project…