We had our biggest count yet: 83 birds! 52 were Mississippi Kites, but hey, I’m not complain’n.  I can’t wait till the days when we count HUNDREDS of birds…I love being inundated w/ birds I love.

Quick post before I shoot off to bed and cover my body in Benadryl cream from all the mossie bites from my run today….bollocks on them!  Anyhooooo…

Breakfast was kinda small now that I think of it.  Some kashi go lean crunch w/ strawberries and blueberries and a bit of greek yogurt.

blog 206

Biked to the tower and we had some visitors, but as soon as they were gone I opened up my snacks since the tummy was a growl’n: peach (only about 2/3 since the other 1/3 went bad) and crackers…

blog 207

And since that didn’t satiate me, Banana Nut Odwalla Bar (AWESOME…FAV KIND!)

blog 208

Since my tum tum wasn’t feeling good last night I didn’t get a chance to have the grilled corn my coworker made for me…so I ate it at lunch:

blog 209

Along w/ lots of Sabra Pine Nut Hummus, carrots and a wrap containing more hummus and veggies

blog 210

I spent most of the afternoon counting the birds and when it died down around 3 I had my afternoon snack of chocolate chip zbar and a mini orange…

Then came home to read and RUN!  And boy did I haul a$$ coming back along the road as I could hear the mossies OVER MY HEADPHONES!!!  Now that…is madness.  but 5 miles was completed in 42 minutes…or maybe it was a little more than 5 miles…I’m not sure…

How am I ever going to train for the SAN ANTONIO 1/2 MARATHON with that all the time?!?!?!  Suggestions?  Because I’ve tried the bug spray…and I sweat it all off.  Boo.

But have I mentioned how excited I am to be running this race??!  With several of the girls from my WWR team running in upcoming 1/2 marathons and marathons I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to do one myself…since I’ve never officially run one myself. :P  We’ll see how it goes!

I came back and cleaned up, but had to wait a bit for my appetite to kick in, so I called the rents and the boy before i demolished this black bean burger and apple

blog 216

and had some TJ’s dark chocolate covered edamame for dessert. :)

Time for ney ney…Till Sunday!

This entry was posted in Odwalla. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Thank Goodness

1. runsarah says:

Wow, hundreds of birds? Yikes! crazy about the skeeters though :( Pine nut hummus sounds amazing, I've only found plain Sabras here.

2. Neela Marijana says:

good luck with the marathon.
    have you tried tiger balm?? it really good against all bugs and mosquitos and smells, hmm well just okay. its actually made in singapore but should be available in the us too.
    xx

3. jenngirl says:

Wow that's awesome about seeing so many birds! I bet it's exciting :)

And you seriously FLEW on those 5miles, congrats!

4. K from ksgoodeats says:

Grilled corn = loves!! I have that Odwalla in my never ending bar drawer – I need to pull it out one of these days!

Good luck with the 1/2! You'll be great :)

5. The Globetrotter says:

Woah, that sounds amazing. Pictures? :)

6. Jenny says:

i'd be willing to bet you were a bird in another life :)

7. Andrea (Off Her Cork) says:

I use a mix of apple cider vinegar and water (1:1) for a quick spray for me and my dog when we go hiking. Yes you will smell like vinegar for a minute (or three) but it helps keeps the bugs, gnats, and ticks away. I don't know if it will help your mossie situation or not but might be worth a shot. :)

8. Meg says:

Yeah for lots of birds! Sorry about all the bites…no fun!

9. Erica says:

You're doing a half? That is SO exciting! I am hoping to do one soon too! Great eats. Everyone has such good things to say about that Odwalla bar- I need to get my hands on one :) I love how much you enjoy your work :)

10. Jeri says:

you've NEVER done a half?!? you crazy girl. it's probably the perfect distance, although I've only ran a slew of 5k's and 1/2s so I'm not sure that I have enough to compare. :p

11. Andrea of Care to Eat says:

I want to run the Cowtown half-marathon this coming February. I did the 10k last year. If you would like to have an excuse to drive up to Dallas for a weekend, you should join me and you'd have a free place to stay! Just throwing it out there :)