Thanks, and WF Help

First off, thank you all so much for you comments about this mornings post and my dwelling about the blog.  It felt good to know that I wasn’t the only one that seems to be in a rut, but on the other hand, I don’t want any of you to feel the way I do!!!  And as many of you said, the blog is mainly for me and it should make me happy to do it.  So to happiness with me and my blog, and you and yours!  You are all such lovely readers and I love that you pulled me so easily out of my major funk…Love you Lovelies!!!

Secondly, a shout out to the boy.  5 months ago we were having fun doing this at midnight after our first date…oh the memories…I miss you!!!

Thirdly, this chick is make’n a trip to Whole Foods this weekend…and  want some ideas of authentic WF things to get to snack on while I’m on the tower work’n…so lay em’ on me!  This is as close as I’m getting to a good grocery store (not that there is anything wrong w/ HEB…but I need my health foods!!) while I’m here so bring it!  I need a big list!  It’s take’n place on Sunday, so you have a few days to tossle your brain for me. :D

Anyhow, my boring (what?!) foods for the day!

I didn’t run this morning obvi, but i was exhausted after another bad night of sleep…seriously, mattress is horrible so I need to invest in a pad of some sort…to Target I go this weekend!  Anyhow, blogged and got to breakfast before rushing out the door to bike to the tower!  H2H is back in my life, and was combined banana, blueberries, and almond breeze…and some cashews after the fact.  I couldn’t pass up the protein. :)

blog 113

I rode out the 1.85 miles to the tower and birded the morning away…and didn’t need my morning snack!  But I was ferocious for lunch.  Can you tell?

blog 114

Awesome, I know.  I had something different for lunch today as I was tired of my pb sandwiches…so I had crackers, veggies and hummus!  Again, unfortunately it was too light as I had to dig into the other half of my SuperFoods Odwalla bar soon thereafter…or I could have been dehydrated, whatever!

blog 117

I biked back to the trailer and back to the tower again because my phone was left there when my coworker went back to try to get a signal on it for me…and I had to wait for a text from my boy of course (only one, but it was totally worth it!).

After returning and sweating my brains out (i seriously must lose all the water in my body everyday because I got through like, 4 water bottles/siggs/camelback bottles in a day!) I was hungry again (or dehydrated…must learn to distinguish between the two!) and had a brownie zbar…just the pick me up I wanted.

And then, the action took place.  Because I can’t run, I’ve been biking and that’s ok yeah, but I needed something else for the day.  So I looked for my inner Chandra and Gina and did some STRENGTH TRAININGWhat?!??!?!?  Melissa do ST?!?!  Yes, you heard it right…as much as I hate it, I know it’s good for my calcium depleted bones and did it despite my hatred.  And lets put it this way, I am totally going to hurt tomorrow.  Every single muscle I used is screaming at me…and still shaking. Hahahaha.  I’m so out if it!  Anyhow, the run down:

• 25×3 lunges
  • 25×3 scissor moves
  • 30×1 side leg lifts (laying down)
  • 30×1 inner thigh leg lifts (lying down)
  • 25×3 chair bridges
  • 15×3 pushups
  • 25×3 bicycle crunches
  • 25×3 crunches
  • 25×3 reverse curls
  • 25×3 side crunches (for each side)

I was sweating buckets after those moves!  Of course doing it outside in the heat doesn’t help…but it was good.  Hopefully I can keep this up…but with the rate of free time I have out here I have no excuse now…I’m going to be super toned by the time I got home after this job…yeahhhhhhh!

Any other suggestions for moves though?  These are the basics I know and I have no equipment, so it’s me, my beach towel, the cement and a picnic table. :)

Showered up and put together the quickest din din ever…since my muscles were starving (and my tummy…which actually is a muscle…)!  Leftover couscous with mixed veggies and an Asian style veg burger…I seriously need to spice up my dinners…I’m getting bored of these bowls!

blog 119

I also had a mix of more H2H and pb m&m’s for dessert…masterful!

K, off to do some birdy studying and sleepy sleep!

11 Responses to Thanks, and WF Help

1. carolinebee says:

I try to stay out of WF due to my low budget :D I know their 365 brand has great cereals, like PB bumpers or cocoa puffs i think? You could stock up on Sunshine or Amy's burgers, Puffins, nut butter?? Haha i'm sure you're like DUHH those are the staples!

2. ~Jessica~ says:

I just caught up with your last post (yeah, late again) and I had to say that your blog is one of the most unique and original out there. You have a great perspective on life and your jobs constantly keep you on your toes, as well as providing you with the chance to share with us all the knowledge you have about wildlife conservation and the environment, which I know I love hearing about.

I have no idea how people get 100s of readers or comments, but that shouldn't really be all that blogs are about (although the feeling of 'talking to yourself' is a very disillusioning one as I well know): they are an outlet for you to document your life and passions, and as long as writing about them is still making you happy, then popularity is irrelevant. For what it's worth, I always regarded your blog as one of the more 'famous' ones anyway.

The heat doesn't seem to affect my appetite either: I'm a ravenous beast come rain, wind, snow or shine.

I wish you well with your leg: that picture made me gasp out loud and no wonder you can't run on it! I hope it heals as soon as possible for you.

As for Whole Foods, I've never been to one (only one in the UK is in London, 400 miles away from where I live) but if they have them, buy all the new flavours of Larabar! Oh, and PB&Co…basically so I can vicariously enjoy all of the goodies I wish I could buy here ; )

<3 <3

3. shelby says:

Yum Yum! I need to get to WF myself!

4. brandi says:

i hope today is a good one!

I wish I had suggestions for WF, but we don't have one! boo to that. I'm hoping to be able to shop at one some day.

Can't help ya out on the WF front as I'm sure the one in Canada isn't stocked the same as in the States! Have fun while there, though, I mean, how can you not?? :)

6. K from ksgoodeats says:

Aw I'm glad you're out of that funk!! WOOHOO for WFs trip! They have some awesome sourdough crackers (365 brand) that will make you lose your mind. Okay maybe not really but they're good!

Two thumbs up for strength training! I love it oh so much :)

7. Diana says:

Don't feel bad about the occasional blog slump! It happens to ALL of us, and if someone tells you it doesn't, they're lying. ;) Seriously, you have an interesting life and if people want to know about it, they're gonna read about it, whether or not you think you're in a rut or not.

As for WF, there are too many things I love to count! I would load up on non-perishables since they're more likely to have things you might prefer, like no-salt canned beans (so cheap!) or pickles/salsa/healthy-but-cheap staples. Maybe some trail mix? I am grooving on a pound of their raw cashews right now – $7/lb is a pretty good price!

8. Meredith says:

Whole Foods musts:
    1. whole wheat Naan!
    2. instant flax oatmeal
    3. PB filled pretzels- almost as good and cheap as TJs
    4. At least one fresh baked cookie from the bakery :)
    5. 365 brand pesto/asiago ravioli (i think frozen?)
    6. So Delcious mocha almond fudge ice cream made with coconut milk

9. RunToFinish says:

hmm i don't hit the WF too often, but looks like you have some good suggestions from everyone else!!

way to go on the workout. let's see other moves you can do with a towel…You can use it for some strenth moves as I understand it by stretching it over your head or by putting it behind you and grabbing from the top and bottom to work the triceps…yeah that probably wasn't helpful

10. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

dear… so sorry that i missed out your last blog. I know how it feels … you put so much effort to keep the blog interesting and still don't get as many as readers you would like. I think we should find a balance between having fun just writing for ourselves, talking about what You think it's interesting. As i said today, some people looks for food in blogs, other fitness info, but most of all I think readers look for personality and you definitely have! So, just be you!!! :D

11. Jenny says:

aw happy 5 month to you and the boyf! here's to a million more :)

ah WF suggestions – i wish i could help a sistah out but i've only been there once.. so i'm a novice. i'm sure you won't have any trouble finding some killer swag though!