I think I might have been flying…

and it was my legs doing all the work.  I woke up totally refreshed this morning (ok, lie, because I actually was still tired but needed to get up and pee, so I couldn’t go back to sleep) after getting a solid 7.5 hrs of sleep!  Finally!  Lets hope that trend continues into tonight!  Fingers crossed!

But before I get one with my day, remember how I talked about my little protein experiment last night?  Well, it totally worked.  I’ve always thought I’d gotten enough protein in my diet but I guess I haven’t been lately, which is why I’m always hungry.  But man, it must have done the body good cause I went to bed content and not overly full and woke up able to run w/o any snack before…and that is very rare for me.  So, moral of the story, MORE PROTEIN FOR ME!!!

Anyhow, woke up and went for a run w/ my new shoes again (which btw, are AWESOME!) and pounded out a good 5.5 mile square in, what?  Wait, did I read that right?  46 MINUTES!?!?!  That’s about an average of 8.30 +/- a mile!  I have no run that fast since my 10k in Dana Point at the Turkey Trot!  At first I thought I might have stopped my watch at some point (lots of lights in my city…but I run through the majority of them) but I remember starting and looking at the time each time I started again.  Never thought I had it in me…guess I should start believe’n eh?  :D

I came back and cleaned up and was FAMISHED at that point, so made the quickest breakfast on record, which was consumed in the quickest time on record: kashi go lean crunch, naturally more pb, 1/2 a banana, lots of raspberries, unsweetened almond breeze.  Delicious.

blog 001

I spent the morning watching Law and Order…yes, I’m addicted.  I watch reruns of reruns.  I’m stupid like that.  And then I napped.  For an hour.  I guess I was still tired.

Lunch!  Had leftover sweet sweet cantaloupe and a white peach

blog 002

And a black bean burger w/ hummus, tomato and lettuce on a whole wheat pita.  I seriously need to find new lunch ideas.  I’m bored and tired of sandwiches.

blog 004

I did some cleaning up around the house and talked to Brad for a while before heading out to dinner to meet up with two of my high school teachers that I still keep in contact with.  Do any of you keep in contact with any teachers from high school??

We met up at a place called Z Tejas Southwestern Grill at the South Coast Plaza (a very high end mall…I never really go there) and ordered the Mushroom Enchiladas covered in a mole sauce served w/ handmade guac, green chile rice and black beans.  It was quite delicious.  I liked the different variety of mushrooms.  I ate one of the enchiladas, all the rice and beans and guac and a piece of mouthwatering cornbread that I forgot to take a picture of.

blog 005

We also ordered dessert which was a Chocolate Fudge Pie with walnuts and pecans, but the most interesting part was that it also had ancho chile in it.  I couldn’t taste it, but the pie was still great!  I only had a bite because I was so full, but it was enough sweetness to satisfy the palate.

blog 007

Then I wandered around the mall and tried on very very expensive dresses.  Like, cocktail dresses for $300. It was nice just to try them…and dream.  Haha.

Got a hill run planned out for tomorrow, so we’ll see how that goes!  Bedtime!

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I think I might have been flying…

1. flower says:

Woah, Im drooling over that Chocolate fudge pie, it looks so big and chocolatey and gooey, yum yum :D

2. The Novice Berker says:

I totally feel you!! I've been snacking like mad lately and I realized today that it's because I don't get enough protein during my meals at ALL and I consistently reach for the carbs instead. Tomorrow's breakfast: scrambled eggs all the way. ;)

3. ~Jessica~ says:

Glad you've found a way of eating that works for you! And well done for the great running time : )

4. Mica says:

Awesome, speedy run! Congratulations!

And I love white peaches! For some reason, they are more appealing to me that…regular peaches. Maybe I'm a peach racist.

5. Erica says:

Hooray for sleep! I actually got about 7.5 last night too and I feel INCREDIBLE! Glad the protein is filling you up! I try to keep tabs on my intake to make sure I'm getting enough (I'm guilty of slacking on the protein). I never though to put hummus on a black bean burger- I am going to try this combo!

PS thank you for the warning about the target cinnamon pb! This is def a flavor I would have gone for too!

6. Emily says:

Yay for a good night's sleep! Your eats look amazing too – I haven't had enchilladas in too long. :)

Have a great Wednesday!

7. K from ksgoodeats says:

Glad the protein experiment worked! I'm a big L&O junkie too – have you watch NCIS? I've seen every episode of L&O and L&O SVU so I had to find something new. I'm addicted to that now.

That dessert? Amazing!

Great run!
    That pie looks absolutely amazing!!!

9. carolinebee says:

OMG south coast is the BEST!!! I'm totally free next week :D We'll find a fun place in OC or LB to meet!

10. Diana says:

Holy mole, I've never found enchiladas prepared that way around here – so jealous! The pie ain't too shabby either. :)

Yay for more sleep and protein! Hope you continue to feel awesome.

11. Jeri says:

Glad you finally got some sleep! Way to rock your run. Wowsers. Hopefully your legs feel speedy next weekend too. :)

12. Anne says:

Yay for finally getting some sleep! I'm glad having more protein is working for you, too. Great job on the run! You're a lil speedy thing :D

I keep in contact with my high school orchestra teacher. She's way cool!

The chocolate fudge pie looks incredible, too. Yum!

13. Runeatrepeat says:

Southcoast plaza is the fanciest mall ever! Last time I went I saw a cocktail dress for 2 thousand dollars. Seriously, who can do that?

14. Jenny says:

3 cheer for protein and catchin' z's!

15. Kelly says:

I just saw a Fudge pie on Paula Deans food network show today! It looked so good and now I see it on yours! I'm taking that as a sign that must try this soon. :) I also had cornbread tonight. Love it!

16. She-Fit says:

I never get enough protein… it's something I am always working on too

17. glidingcalm says:

I need a lot of protein or else I'm a starvin marvin!!!

that dessert is sooo decadent!!

and hey, did you get the dress?!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)