Seriously, that’s all I ever do. Or I feel like I always do. I’m making it a personal goal to stop complaining so much and to look at situations differently; say how they possibly could have gone, or at least one good aspect about them instead. That and I think it makes for better conversation instead!
Sooo…in that case, work was not so bad yesterday! I’ll go through what I might have said, but what I will say:
- Got so wet on the boat, being thrashed around in white capped waters, I thought i was going to fly off.
- Got sunburned after 15 minutes and was too lazy to put my sunscreen on.
- I got bit by fire ants and it really itches.
- I didn’t have enough food.
- I was super tired.
- Our schedule might/got messed up/around and my weekend plans might hit the can.
Turn around the complaining:
- It was great to finally be outside today, on the boat, on the water. Sitting behind a desk the past few work days made me realize even more my real love for the outdoors.
- I got to work on my bikini tan and am going to be rocking my color when summer comes around
- Live and let learn lady; the bugs are going to be everywhere!
- Enjoy the food that you did get today and remember to be more prepared for next time. Field work is never easy on the belly because you’re constantly doing something; you just have to remember.
- Again, lesson learned. Go to bed earlier and make sure that I get the right kinds of food in to give me energy to keep going! Pick out the power foods that you love the most and have them!
- This just means that my exciting weekend plans can be saved for another date/day and that instead I can plan something else that might be just as fun, or even more fun! Who knows!
What do you think? Any other suggestions? How would you try to counteract the act of complaining in your day?
Ok, onto food!
Stomach was feeling better (thanks for all the well wishes!) and wanted to make sure it stayed that way, so I had something pretty plain, but delish! Everyone talks so much about these cereal messes, which I have really yet to try, so I took a sort of attempt at it? I know it’s only one kind of cereal, but I never eat it w/ just some pb mixed in there. Does that count as part of a cereal mess? I had some chobani plain, strawberries, cheerios and natural honey pb. I couldn’t get the pb to mix in well because it was in the fridge and hard…next time I’ll leave it out for a bit!
We worked on a trap all morning then plowed down on lunch before heading out to the lakes: pb and cinnamon on Arnold’s thin w/ an apple.
I was pretty hungry by mid afternoon so I snacked on a banana and around 2 servings of my Nature’s Path Cinnamon Sticks. These things are seriously so good! I need to stock up on more!
Here is what we were up to today…well, Kyle was. I was picture taking…and video taping. Or trying. :_D
And our new fashion statement:
Yes, that is duct tape. Duct tape could seriously solve all our problems.
We were out super late (like, got home around 9?) but I was hungry driving back after our errands, so I had an emergency stash clif bar. The FAV. But it didn’t satisfy me obvi since it was sufficing for DINNER. So by the time I got home, I snacked on some h2h and mini pb cups.
Then BAM! BED! Which is why I’m posting this morning!
Off to trap! Happy Wednesday (HUMP) Day!!!!