My left leg currently hates me

I did a nice one on my leg today, falling off the trailer, into the water trying to get the boat off…

Don’t look at these pictures and scroll past them if you’re a bit weery when it comes to scrapes and stuff…I mean, it’s not bad, but it’s not the most pleasant thing to look like.  I just like sharing my misfortunes.  Hah.

The picture is angled looking down from my knee cap to my ankles…the cut is just below the knee cap and the gash is on my shin.

You can see the bruise starting to form w/in 5 minutes of getting hit…it’s located just below my big toe, just below the strap…can you see the purple?

I sure am glad I’m able to laugh about this kind of stuff.  It sure did hurt like a mo-fo but we had surveys to do and birds to GPS so I did my best to alcohol wipe it, bandage it up and get on with it.  It still hurts 8 hrs later plus two Tylenol extra strengths and some chocolate…hehe!

Anyhow, food is much more interesting to look at!  I started off the day early w/ a hopefully hearty and different breakfast of sorts.  It was my normal cranberry/cinnamon/banana/nut oats but this time I mixed up the walnuts w/ some of the sunflower seeds and soynuts from my trail mix last night for the crunch I like in my oats.  It turned out wonderful!  I’m def using this again in my breakfast oats!

blog 033

We headed out, I had my little extravaganza, and then after retaping and bandaging I had a quick lunch.  I had a Rudy’s honey wheat bagel w/ laughing cow, tomato slices and pepper.  On the side I had a bowl of berries.  So good!

blog 042

We got back and I was hungry again, seeing as how lunch was so light.  I started off w/ an apple and chocolate dreams pb, then had some kashi sunshine, times 2.  Great snacky snack!

blog 044 blog 043

I’m in the midst of taking an online exam so I have to get to that but i plan on attacking the last two of my brownies i made w/ meghann last weekend right after I’m finished!  I’ve got an idea for dinner in my head so stay tuned for that!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to My left leg currently hates me

1. jenngirl says:

Oh no! Get out some neosporin and bandaids quick! Hope you heal quickly!

Yummmmmmy food today, love the new oats combo!

2. Jaime says:

aww sorry about your leg! i’m sure itll heal up quickly! love your blog by the way– always read it! :) isn’t choc pb dreams the best? xo

3. eatingbender says:

Ouch ouch ouch!! I have a very similar cut below my knee cap. I got it on the elliptical machine…LOL. I hope it doesn’t hurt too bad anymore. That chocolate will definitely help ;o) You sound like one tough cookie though, Miss Melissa!

The new nutty oat combination sounds and looks so good! And I’ve still never tried a Rudy’s bagel before. I really need to get on that!

Can’t wait to see dinner :o)

4. ksgoodeats says:

OUCH!!! That looks painful :( Your job in in-tense! Try to take it easy!

Your Rudi’s lunch sounds pretty fabulous!

5. Missy says:

That looks so painful! Hope you feel better!

I need to try choc pb dreams!! It looks so good!

6. Ali says:

I’m sorry about your leg. I hope it heals soon. :)

7. VeggieGirl says:

YIKES!!! Hang in there!!

8. shelby says:

EEK! Sorry abouy the gash, but I’m glad you can laugh about it.

Love the oat combo and the snackies! Mmm, chocolate PB!

9. Erin of Care to Eat says:

You poor thing! You’re so tough about it though!
    Did your blog roll just grow exponentially?!?!
    As usual, I love your meals and the way you photograph them. :)

10. brandi says:

I hope the pain goes away soon! I do stuff like that all the time – I fall over way too much!

11. Maggie says:

Oh no you poor thing! I hope you’re feeling better. The oats and the tomato-laughing cow sammie look wonderful. Have fun with dinner :)

12. Erica says:

Oh man! I hope your leg heels quick! The cuts look like they hurt! Morning mix looks better than ever- yum yum yum! Get some rest peaches!

OMG! Your poor leg! I bet you had a few choice words to say about that!

Your oats, berries and apple with chocolate PB look YUMMY!

Take care of that leg!

14. Lydia says:

I love chocolate Pbutter! I have read your blog a few times now, so I thought I would say hi : ) Your job sounds like a lot of work but fun too- always interesting to read your posts.

15. glidingcalm says:

OH MY GOODNESS LISSIE! That is a nasty looking gash. Seriously. Oh my…my heart goes out to you. Take some Aleeve!!

So sorry you got hurt…after all that wishing that your lake surveying would be less stressful! I feel like a jinx!

I HOPE YOUR FRIDAY IS TERRIBLE!! just kidding. TGIF! Be safe and careful lady!!!

16. Rose says:

Oh my goodness! What happened? Maybe you posted it earlier – hope you’re feeling OK!

17. Meg says:

I am so sorry you got hurt. Hope it doesn’t hurt too bad and that it heals fast!

18. Sharon says:

I love your cure. Chocolate! Haha!
    But really really sorry to hear about your leg!

19. Marianne says:

Poor leg :( It always sucks when you injure yourself like that and don’t have facilities to clean it as you would like. I totally bailed on some rocks this summer while I was staying in the jungle (ie: no civilization) in Ecuador, and ripped a sweet hole just below my knee. The family we were staying with used some sort of jungle plant preparations on my knee. Never got infected, so that was awesome. But I still have red spot/scar from that one.

Apple + Dark chocolate PB sounds yum!

20. Olga says:

oh man sorry about the bruises! I have like 4 different marks just on my hands from burning my hand in the toaster oven…so embarrassing…Hey, at least you were working!

21. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Wow – those gashes looked deep! I hope there wasn’t too much blood and that you put iced the swelling. I hope it’s feeling better tomorrow.

Love the added crunch to the oats…and that chocolate PB – so good!

No scrapes or bruises tomorrow, Okay? :)

22. Sarah (lovINmytummy) says:

Oh, ouch!
    At least you have some cool war wounds. I’d be so showing those off.

And I love your apple/PB/cereal snack. Love it!!!

23. sweetandfit says:

aww….I hope your leg feels better today! you can ice it for the first 48 hours…then use heat

have a great FRIDAY!