I hate my doctor…

Because he just ripped me off for all that I’m worth.  Hahaha…well, not really funny, but I’m thinking of this as a learning experience.  I should have asked if the med tests were absolutely necessary so that if they weren’t, I wouldn’t have to pay such an outrageous amount for it.  I’m just mad because my doctor didn’t even look at the tests and deemed them unnecessary for the things he thought I might have had.  Lame right?  Oh well, nothing I can do about that now, other than live and learn…and pay a huge bill. :O

Anyhow…today was a boring day today.  Didn’t do much fun stuff at work of course…
Breakfast was the last of everything I had in my fridge since i had no food.  hahaha…I had one of the last two kiwis w/ TJ’s greek yogurt, the last of my kashi go lean, some cranberries and some of my homemade granola.
This didn’t last me long at all for some reason so I dug into my bar stash at my desk…and had the last of my gnu variety bar package; enter, the chocolate gnu bar.  And this, was the best one of them all.  I wasn’t at all turned off by the texture and the chocolate flavor was really good…if only it had some chocolate chunks in it…

I had a late lunch as that bar held me over pretty well and had leftover lasagna from home and an orange.

I got home and found out about my bill troubles…so I walked off the stress with a walk to the market…where I used my Free Hemp Milk Coupon from Brittney at EatingBirdFood!  I can’t wait until I get the opportunity to try it!  Along w/ that I got some bare essentials for the week as I’m going home again next weekend: apples, oranges, bananas, tomato, cucumber and lettuce.  And I must say, it was the smallest bill ever: $6.35!!!  hahaha!  Lovely!  I also had this little snacky before heading out (cinn puffins!)

I got home and putted around a little, did some arm weights and such then finally decided to have dinner…but not before checking the mail and find out that I got a package from here:
From Caitlin and Meghann!!!!  These girls totally rock and I can’t wait to finally meet them when I move out there at the end of the month!  It’s coming up so soon!!!  (Your picture is going in a frame ladies!!!  Yay!!!)
Dinner was thrown together but was quite tasty!  i had the last of my honeydew w/ a toasted flat out wrap and butternut squash soup with added veggies and morningstar crumbles.  Yum yum!

I might have something for dessert later as I watch GG but I haven’t decided yet…i’ll think about it after I take a shower!
Hope you had a decent Monday!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to I hate my doctor…

1. Laura says:

That was so sweet of Meghann and Caitlin! Good luck with your move!

Doctor bills can be outrageous! I just got an invoice for blood work I had done and it was $1400! Thankfully, my insurance picked up a large majority of it, but it really made me think about those people who don’t have insurance. It’s so horrible. This was just a routine exam too.

I love butternut squash soup! It’s so perfect for this time of year.

2. Sharon says:

Sorry to hear about your doctor. :(

But wow, great job on the shopping! I’m impressed. And I definitely need to fly over to the states to get my hands on those gnu bars!

3. magpie says:

Doctors tend to do that. I think they always assume that you have wonderful insurance that will pay for everything so they just go crazy ordering tests. It’s so annoying.

4. ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á says:

sorry about the doctor!, but the presents are so nice=D

5. lighterportions says:

Ugh sorry about the doctor… sure makes me appreciate my health coverage…

Woohoo for the lovely package though!

6. Ali says:

Sorry about your doctor. :(

Good luck with your move.

That Gnu bar looks amazing. I’m really going to try and convince my mom to let me order some. It looks really good.

I LOVE GG!! Great choice of show to watch! haha :D

So…on Sunday, me and my fam went to Chili’s and I ordered a NON-MEAT dish!! sorry, but i was so proud of myself!! I ordered the black-bean”burger” and it came with a side of steamed veggies! i’m so proud of myself! sorry, i just really wanted to tell you!

i think now(this may sound stupid)that i can be a vegetarian! i had my first vegetarian burger ever and i feel like i can actually, literally commit to being a vegetarian!! i’m so happy and excited to be a vegetarian! its so weird how liberated i feel! sorry i just had to share it with you!!

oh and by the way, my Monday was pretty decent. :D

7. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

I hate when doctors make me do extra analysis just because. Even though I don’t pay for the analysis because of the insurance, but still, having to book appointments and spend a morning doing it is enough trouble!

But the gift from Meg and Caitlin made your day, wasn’t it?

8. strongandhealthy says:

I know what you mean about the doctor’s bills. It gets to be ridiculous!

Great eats for the day! Thanks for the gnu bar review!

9. Jennifer Hamilton says:

Im so sorry about the doctor :( I know how frustrating it is!!

What a nice surprise to come home to :)

10. wholefoodswholeme says:

hi hun! thank you for visiting my blog again :) that looks like one great package! enjoy! i’m so sorry about your doctor – i’ve heard so many frustrating stories about doctors from friends and family, it makes me wonder if the good ones are actually out there…. take care and i will keep checking up on you!

11. Erica says:

ugh! I hate when the doctor does that! I haven’t seen my bills yet for my recent hospital tripy but I am hoping they aren’t killer! What an awesome package from Meghann/Caitlin! yayy

12. loveofoats.com says:

sorry to hear about the doctors appt but yay for such an inexpensive grocery bill :)

13. VeggieGirl says:

Hang in there with the doctor’s.

On a brighter note…

HELL YES FOR CARE-PACKAGES, HEMPMILK AND PUFFINS!! I’m seriously stoked to try the PB and Cinnamon varieties :-)

14. ttfn300 says:

yeah, let’s not remind me about how much i spent for my root canal… and crown. it’s really crazy.

lovely package, i just spotted those quaker delights bars and decided on that flavor, too! yum-o :)

15. shelby says:

Ugh I hate the doctor, I think they always rip you off. My mom rarely takes me.

Your food looks great and YAY for care packages =)

16. Rose says:

What a fun little package from the girls! When are you moving?

17. Aimee says:

It is so fun to get mail!! I can’t wait to hear about your new life in FL!

The GNU Bar looks so great, I need to buy some of those soon.

18. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

I love those random "what's left in my fridge & cabinet meals". I have come up with some of my best recipes that way. Sorry about the medical bills : (

19. K says:

Boo to the doctor :(

What a great package though! Those two girls are so sweet!!

20. Bobbi says:

your so cute I love all the pics and sorry you got ripped off…lol…I feel like that everytime!!!

21. Meghann says:

Bummer about the Doctor stuff, but I’m glad you got your package! We were trying to go with a Florida theme for ya. :)

22. bitesoflife says:

I totally hear you about unneccessary tests and stuff. it’s it not fun. I just dealt with that myself.

How nice of Meghann and Caitlin, you guys are going to have so much fun when you move there!

23. Erin of Care to Eat says:

How sweet are the ladies?! Love it!
    I hear you on the bill. We just got two bills for over $1100 each, for a very minor surgery of Robbie’s. :(
    Ill!

24. lexi says:

that really sucks! i know what its like to have a bad doctor! it really sucks! hang in there, and at least it was for a good cause! have a great night!

25. Meg says:

Sorry about the bill, but it sounds like the rest of the day went well! Those girls are so sweet to send you treats! Can’t wait to hear what you think of the hemp milk.

26. just me says:

Laura: holy moly! I guess I shouldn’t complain about my blood work, but unfortunately my insurance didn’t cover crap for my bill…boo. oh well.

Sharon: I hope you can try them soon! Some of them are really good!

Magpie: yeah, i wish they wouldn’t assume…we’re not made of money like they are. haha…that was harsh…i kid, i kid.

I Arisia: i did love the presents!

Kristie: I wish i had your health coverage; blasted states needs to impliment something like Canada’s and Australia’s! The package def rocked!

Ali: Yay for ordering a non-meat dish! I’ve had that before I and I really liked it! I’m glad you enjoyed it and are super excited to trying becoming a vegetarian!!! if you need any help let me know!

BJD: yeah, psh…who knew someone trying to make your health better can make things so aggrivating? but their gift def made my day! i totally needed it!

Strongandhealthy: Yep, it sure can be ridiculous! Glad you liked the gnu bar review!

Jennifer: loved the surprise and your blog is great!

Mi: Hi BABE! keep checking up! i’m still way jealous of your trip to paris!!!

Erica: i was thinking about you when i got my bill cause i knew you had your tummy/digestion probs recently too. i hope theyr’e not too killer! their package rocked my socks!

Lindsay: def yayfor inexpensive groceries!

VG: oh yeah, care packages rock! and i’m excited to try the hempmilk!!!

ttfn300: oh, root canals and crowns…i know how those make us roll out the dough…boo. hope you enjoy the bars! i have yet to try but am excited!

Shelby: yep, to expensive. boo!

Rose: I’m moving, well, starting to drive out to FL the 30th December and takign a week to do it. it’s going to be rad!

aimee: I’m excited about FL! I seriously can’t wait! Hope you enjoy the gnu bars when you get them!

Heather: those are the best kinds of meals; fastest and the cheapest!

K: aren’t they too sweet and cute! i’m so excited to finally meet them!

Bobbi: ah, thanks babe! and yes, i dread the docs now!

Meghann: Thank you thank you thank you for the package! i lurvvvvve it! esp the picture and postcard! great themed package!

bitestoflife: boo to doc bills, but at least i learned to ask about them next time! and i’m way excited to meet them! i feel like i already know them! hehe!

Erin: ew…those bills suck! and yes, those girls ROCK!

Lexi: thanks for the support babe; i just learned my lesson from that doc experience.

Meg: Yes, despite the bill my day went pretty well! i’m excited for the hemp milk; i’ll def do a review of it!

27. HangryPants says:

Oh that was so cute of Cailtin and Meghann. It’s so nicce that you already have two friends there. :D

Doctors bills. Grrrr.