My brother got a little excited…

So last night, we’re all hanging out in the kitchen, i’m cleaning some dishes and my brother is talking to his friend.  What happens?  He jumps to give his friend a high five, I turn my face at the wrong second to watch and heCHECKS me in the NOSE with his ELBOW.

Um, OUCH.
Hahahaha…I’m now in the process of nursing a very soar bridge of my nose and sdeveloping a nice bruising into the eyes…if it gets nice and dark I promise to provide you all with a photo of my battle wounds.  Oh, and now he has to do my laundry…he’s my slave.  Mwahahaha…dad said so. :)
Anyhow, today was a nice day with the family.  I spent the morning chill’n with the parents talking about my upcoming travels to FL and we decided to head out to REI to get me some stuff for my drive out there.  My parents ended up buying a bike rack for my bike for Christmas so there’s my present…and I also purchased a pair of shoes that will work well with all the water I’m going to get trudging around in…they look kinda funny, but I’m getting used to them!
Anyhow, this morning I tried a new yogurt my mom bought for me: Voskos Honey Greek Yogurt.  I’ve never had the Voskos brand and I really enjoyed it!  I’m wondering what the plain one tastes like now…but she told me how much she spent on it and I about fainted…Anyhow, I had the container with some kashi go lean crunch and some dried blueberries.

We headed out to REI and did our shopping, along with hitting up Barnes and Noble where I pointed out to my mom the one recipe book I want the most (Veganomicon)…maybe she’ll get the hint!  I also snacked on a Gnu Banana Bar…it had a great flavor but I still didn’t really like the texture…I can’t quite figure out why though…
Got home and I had planned on going for a run then, but I was starving so I decided to eat lunch instead.  I had a ww pita w/ laughing cow cheese, lettuce, tomato and leftover roated cauliflower and mushrooms…and on the side I had a huge apple.
I decided to pass the digestion time with some baking!  I saw a recipe on Tri to Cook for these cookies but changed it up a little by using cinnamon instead of ginger because my family isn’t a big fan of ginger…and chocolate chips instead of white chocolate…we don’t like white chocolate…And they came out great!  I also made some pb chocolate chip cookies after that for a little bit of variety…
PB Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had a little mug of some special K berries as I was cooking…and of course had to sample the baking results!  I had two of the Blueberry and Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamon cookies…Yummy!  Dad really liked them too!
Then I headed out for a frustration run as something happened with a close friend that really upset me…I had originally planned on just running 4 but I had the energy so I went an extra 1.25 miles…so 5.25 toatal.  And all in 43 minutes.
I got home and mom wanted to get started on our homemade lasagna dinner so I worked on the veggie on while she made the meat one.  I made mine w/ two layers of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini), some mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce and of course…yeah, that’s it.  Hahaha…It came out really really good!  And we even used the no bake noodles!
So for dinner I had a small piece of the lasagna, mixed salad w/ light sesame seed dressing and some mixed melons.  Like my brother’s plate?  We each have a personalized plate that my mom made ages ago…and we still use them today. :D
Now I’m off to watch another movie w/ the brohams…I think.  We shall see!  The night is young.
Oh, and here’s a retarded picture my brother took of me at dinner…my nose looks fine, but I promise, it hurts like H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

Hope you’re having a good weekend!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to My brother got a little excited…

1. ChickPea says:

So sorry to hear about your little accident…I’ve had a similar experience, except it was a frisbee instead of an elbow…
    I’ve had that Voskos yogurt as well–isn’t it totally delicious?! I wish they sold it here…but then again, maybe it’s better that I am not tempted to buy such pricey things!

2. eatingbender says:

Ouch!! That definitely sounds like it would hurt like H-E double hockey sticks! Haha, I totally remember saying that and feeling like such a badass in elementary school :o)

I’ve tried Voskos before, too! It really is awesome, and the containers are bigger which means yogurt which means happiness!

Those cookies look so yummy!! Hope you continue having a good weekend – with a little less physical pain, haha!

3. magpie says:

Ouch! Hope it feels better.

I’ve never had Voskos… but it looks really yummy. As do the cookies!!

4. Pearl says:

ahh i’m sorry to hear about your nose! hehe your little brother better be making it up to you!

5. Maya says:

hope your nose feels better girly!:( i love khashi go lean crunch with dried blueberries,and those cookies look delish!

6. seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) says:

oh no! sry to hear about your boo boo, i remember always wishing i had a younger brother to fool around with as a child. have u seen that brady bunch episode where Marsha gets hit in the nose? too funny.

I hope you had a better day today, keep your chin up and respect that body of yours! “View life from the point of a mountaintop, not a microscope”-Jenny from This Winding Road

7. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

such a fun day!!! shopping, baking, a good run and that cute photo!!!
    sorry about the nose incident though, but you still look so happy! ^_^
    enjoy girl~

8. shelby says:

I’m so ashamed to admit it…but I never got the phrase “H-E double hockey sticks” until like freshman year. haha

I hope your nose doesn’t bruise too badly, brothers… =P

Mmm, send me some of those cookies!!! They sound fab!

9. runningwithfood.com says:

Ouch!!! Your poor nose! I hope it doesn’t bruise too bad!

Your cookies look delish! Sounds like you are having a great time with your family!!

10. VeggieGirl says:

Ahhh, hang in there with the bruises!!

Mmmm, COOKIES!! :-D

11. strongandhealthy says:

Glad you had a fun day aside from the morning disaster! Hope you’re better now!

Those cookies look great!!!!

12. loveofoats.com says:

i definitely will be making these cookies asap! i wanted to make the original recipe but didn’ thave any ginger!

13. Erica says:

oh my gosh! Your pooor little nose! I hope it feels better! Sounds like you picked up some fun stuff shoppin! yayy! The cookies look delicious!

14. Erin of Care to Eat says:

That picture is CUTE! I hear you on brothers! Mine whacked me in the leg this wknd while working out. How loving!
    COOKIES!

15. K says:

You’re so cute! Hope your nose feels better!!

The Gnu bars do have a funky texture to them! The pita sandwich is so calling my name :)

Have a great Sunday and don’t let your brother near you ;)

16. imadedinner says:

FEEL BETTER!!! EEK!

17. Shannon says:

Your poor nose! I don’t have a brother, but if I did, I would have checked him back. That’s my immaturity shining through ;)

18. Ali says:

wow, that sounds really painful. but now at least you have a slave! :D thats always good.

19. lighterportions says:

Haha ouch! Hope it doesn’t leave you with too awful or long-lasting of a battle wound…

Love the idea of putting cauliflower in a wrap… I gotta try that one!

Sorry to hear about the close friend, whatever it was… running is a good way to get out the frustrations though. So therapeutic sometimes eh?

20. bitesoflife says:

Ouch, it sounds very painful! I hope that you are feeling better! :D But on the plus side, it’s always good to have a slave.

21. HangryPants says:

Hey there pretty girl! I am sorry about your nose – yikes!

I love banana gnu bar, including the texture. It’s so crumbly. Your cookies look delicious!

22. ttfn300 says:

oh no, hope your nose heals! love your take on the cookies :) your dried blueberries look nice and plump!

hmm, voskos, now i want to try. or do i? haha, i’d get hooked and be in the red!

23. Meg says:

I love the pic! Hope your nose feels better soon! I want that book for Christmas too!

24. Emily says:

Hey there – your cookies look great but I just wanted to gently remind you that it can be really offensive to use “retarded” to describe anything other than mentally disabled people. I have a friend with mild MR (mental retardation) and it hurts her feeling so much to hear people point at a silly monkey, or a bad actor, or whatever and say “that’s retarded.” Just something to think about…