BSI and IPOD

She died…my ipod that is.

I guess the compensation for my 10k race was a dead ipod…

That kinda blows…

But now we all know what’s at the top of my Christmas list…other than $$ cause I’m moving to FL and taking a pay cut! hahaha~

Anyhow…eats today were far from amazing…cause there wasn’t much of it.

I got up this morning, blogged a little then headed out for my last run towards the POTM challenge.  I calculated my total and ended up with 59.5 miles.  I’m a little disappointed in myself but I have to remember that I was injured and couldn’t run as much…I have such a competitive runner mentality…but if you add in all the miles I walked on the days I didn’t run I totalled out at 85.2~  meh.

Anyhow, got back and made breakfast for the family.  I also made my BSI entry for this weeks pick of Walnuts by Amy at CoffeeTalk.  It was a scrumptious breakfast; I must say.  I also made pancakes for my brothers and mom…and even shaped the suckers into bear heads like my brother wanted…spoiled brat!  Haha!

Banana and Walnut Pita Stuffed French Toast

Ingredients:
handful chopped walnuts
1 banana, cut into slices
1 whole wheat pita
2 egg whites
dash of cinnamon
sprinkle of vanilla

1. Whisk together the egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla.
2. Open up the pita and stuff with banana slices and sprinkle in the walnuts.
3. Dip each pita half carefully into the egg white mix then cook on the stove top until cooked on each side.
4. Remove and serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar!

I got hungry a little while after and tried another one of the Gnu Bars: Orange Cranberry, along with an apple.  The apple was great, but the bar, not so much.  I even had my mom and brothers try it and they weren’t too big of fans either.  I felt like I was eating the orange rind as the flavor was soooooo strong.  So, I had one piece.  Again texture was not my favorite…I have one left, the chocolate one…so I hope it’s good!

Before I headed out on the road to return home I grabbed three of the Blueberry and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamin cookies I made yesterday…soooo delish…

Drove home, unpacked and now awaiting what to make for dinner…I brought leftover lasagna home but I think I’m going to save it for lunch tomorrow…So I salvaged something out of my fridge…and this is what I came up with…I guess I could have done better, but I was lazy.
Off to…read. :]
Oh, but here’s my little tree for my condo that my mom gave me…it’s predecorated…and it’s cooking themed!

This entry was posted in Gnu Bars. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to BSI and IPOD

1. Ali says:

that is such a cute tree!!! and sorry to read about your iPod dying. that SUCKS! i could NOT live without music! i would die. maybe, maybe not.

2. Bobbi says:

hey girl you did great!!! and I love that sweet tree, addorable!

3. Marianne says:

Great french toast idea! And your tree is quite cute.

4. magpie says:

My ipod died recently too. Cute tree though! We have to get a little one for our apt.

5. Pearl says:

your tree is so cute and colorful!

6. Lara says:

I’ve never had a themed tree before but a cooking theme is such a cute idea! Sorry about your iPod–at least now you have an excuse to get a newer model? :)

7. Becca says:

aww, I”m really sorry that your ipod messed up, taht really sucks. But the tree looks so cute!

8. Maya says:

that is the coolest french toast idea! looks amazing!

9. imadedinner says:

What a great french toast idea!! I’ll totally be trying that.

10. Erica says:

Your tree is so cute! I love your BSI entry! It looks very yummy! Sorry about the iPod!

11. nourishing mornings says:

i love the tree, and great french toast idea, i need to try that. :)

12. shelby says:

The little tree is adorable! I want to get all of my christmas stuff out!

Very nice entry, I will be trying that recipe for sure.

13. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

great BSI recipe!!!! never thought of using pita bread for french toast!!! I bet it’s delicious~~~~~~

And sorry about the Ipod. fortunately Christmas is close, I’m sure you’ll get a new one soon.

14. ttfn300 says:

love the tree and french toast :) and i didn’t like the orange/cran gnu either. the choc was pretty good, but i think warming it up for a few seconds would make it a whole lot better!!

15. VeggieGirl says:

R.I.P., dear iPod.

Don’t feel discouraged!! Be PROUD that you took part in the POTM – I think you did fabulously!!

I WANT YOUR BSI FRENCH TOAST!! So delish-looking.

Cute Christmas tree!! :-)

Happy Monday, Melissa!!

16. strongandhealthy says:

Love that tree!

Your BSI entry is great!

17. Aimee says:

Such a great BSI entry! So sad about the ipod!

18. Meghann says:

RIP IPOD. *Sniff

You may be taking a paycut by moving here, but keep in mind our cost of living down here is much better then in CA Plus, we don’t have Income Taxes.

19. seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) says:

sry to hear about those Gnu bars-it is really interesting how bloggers’ opinions really affect me and my eating/shopping choices. i saw gnu bars at trader joe’s yesterday and stayed away–the bloggas dont like em , i dont want em!

have a wonderful day-RIP IPOD!!!

20. Fitnessista says:

my ipod died too! it's the WORST :(
    what an adorable little tree!
    your bsi recipe looks DELISH!!! :D
    i'm just now finally catching up on blogs, but i hope you had a very happy thanksgiving!
    enjoy your day <3

21. jenngirl says:

So sad about the ipod!!! At least Christmas is VERYYY close :)

That tree is adorable, sweet mom!

22. Rose says:

So sad to here about the ipod – major bummer!

59.5 miles is still good for the challenge! Don’t be too down on yourself – I think it’s great.

Love that little tree!

23. Sharon says:

Sorry to hear about the iPod. But ooh, your brother sure is lucky – those pancakes look great.
    And awesome submission for the BSI – good luck to you! Great eats overall. And gnu bars? Looks great!

24. Gina says:

I’m sorry about your iPod! Mine died a few months ago….I accidentally drowned it in my bag (a bottle of water opened). Sad. My new one is nicer though, haha.

25. K says:

We can hold a joint funeral for your iPod and my camera…sound good? ;)

Pita french toast?! That is very creative!!

Love the Christmas tree :)

26. ConsiderEatz! says:

Aww your pancake looks like Mickey! I used to have my mom make them like that when I was little :) Cute tree, I can’t wait to get mine!
    -Caroline

27. Meg says:

I am very impressed with your BSI entry! Love your tree!

28. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Yum – love the pita bread as french toast. Brilliant!

29. Astra Libris says:

Your french toast is absolutely gorgeous! I love your idea of making french toast with pita – brilliant!

30. Erin of Care to Eat says:

What a cute little tree! I love!
    That certainly does blow about your Ipod. We should bury it with mine!
    Your dinner is hilarious, I love the random ear of corn!

31. Catherine says:

Aww love your tree!

RIP to your ipod. I think I would die a little if my ipod died on me… You still did great on the POTM challenge! I only did 63, but would’ve been much higher if I counted miles walked. Oh well!

32. flower says:

O that sux about your Ipod, my Mum put my mp3 player through the wash a while ago!!!
    I love the tree its taking so long for me to get into the christmas spirit and the pita French Toast WOAH! I am making some saturday morning for sure :)

33. loveofoats.com says:

love the tree! sorry to hear about your ipod – that really stinks! i’d be so lost w/o mine :(

34. Laura says:

Sorry to hear about your ipod. At least the holidays are almost here!

I love the cooking themed tree! That’s so cute!

35. HangryPants says:

I haven’t had that gnu flavor and will definitely stay away! Yikes.

Oh and you are being too hard on yourself! You did great. You were injured and all that walking counts in my book!

Love the french toast.

36. ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á says:

sorry about your ipod :(…its so cute the french toast!

37. Melissa says:

Congratulations on moving, how freaking excited! To warmth!

Your french toast: DROOL!

Also, maybe you can ask around to see if anyone has an extra ipod. Maybe they upgraded but kept their old ones. Maybe even ask on the blog. Mine died, but several friends had extra, so I have an old nano, but it was free and works!

also maybe ebay. Clearly i feel your ipod pain. the second mine does anything weird–like stops working–I hope on the closest subway and immediately head to the genius bar at the 24/7 apple store. I assume you don’t have that luxury, but seriously put the word out! good luck