I am a tiger, hear my…stomach growl?

Ok, seriously, that is ALL my stomach did today. No matter how much or how often, it was still grumbling. Hormones? Maybe… All the field work (which is probably around 2-3 miles walking)? Maybe… I can’t remember the last time my stomach growled this much…it’s almost kind of exciting, yet scary at the same time because for a very long time I lost touch with what it really felt like to feel hungry. During my bad eating disorder times I always ignored the feeling of hunger and therefore lost all recognition of what it actually felt like. I think it’s finally starting to come back. Exciting! But like I said, yet scary at the same time…because my eating disorder still lingers in my head with bad words to whisper in the dark corners of my brain… yeep.

Anyhow…today started off with RAIN! Yes, RAIN here in southern california (I’m sorry if this is not intriguing to you, but we NEVER get rain here, so it’s exciting!). I woke up, walked outside and BAM! Water everywhere! Thank goodness I had my raingear for the field work I was going to be doing today! But, by the time I got to work it was gone and the sun was out! Has been the rest of the day! But we have severe weather warning all over the place, especially where the fires occurred because there is lots of loose ash and dirt which means, landslides. Not good.

I had to have my breakfast early because field work started at 8am. I had my walnut/raspberry/flax/cinnamon oatmeal around 7.15 this morning! Then off I went!

By the time I got back I was ravenous! I thought my carrots would do the trick (it was 3 big ones cut up!) but no…so I busted out the apple zbar…but I was looking at it and half the bottom was gone…then I realized there was a hole at the other end…so a bug must have been in there and eating is slowly! Yuck! thank goodness I had yet to take a bite!!! So instead I had the new seasonal Apple Pear Streusel Clif bar! I liked this one, but it wasn’t anything too special. I liked how the pear flavor wasn’t too strong because i’m not a fan of pears, but i wanted to try it anyways.

This held me over for about three hours before I dug into my lame lunch. Again, out of many things so no lettuce in my sammie…and if you know me, I LOVE lettuce in my sammies…LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Oh well, I had to w/o today because i had to…ezekial bun w/ laughing cow, tofurky turkey, tomato and some honeydew…

Um, 2 hrs later, stomach was growling again. GEEEeeeeZZzzzz! I had brought this as a snack originally instead of the clif bar, but thank goodness I still had it (otherwise the two snacks probably just would have been reversed). Pb/banana/flat out wrap…i love those the wrap is all kinda gooey and the pb was really strong…Yum.

I’m currently at work (therefore I will post pictures later when I get home…no personal portable drives allowed here!) writing this because I have a very busy night ahead of me as I have to: pack up for the weekend, clean mimi’s cage, pack up stuff to take home as an early move kind of thing, go for my last run before my 10k race on Thursday and bake some stuff for t-day! Garsh! But I plan on having lots of leftovers for dinner and probably some sort of snack afterwards as I’ll be using up all my energy!

Dinner’s going to be leftover brown rice, very little leftover black beans, some morningstar farm crumbles, veggies and marianara sauce…it’s gonna be good, I can taste it already!!!

Have a great Tuesday night; only one more work day till t-day and a nice long weekend w/ the family!!!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to I am a tiger, hear my…stomach growl?

1. magpie says:

That’s great that you’re getting your hunger cues back though :) Even if they are being crazy today!

The seasonal clif bars are delish; I have yet to buy them this year though.

Have a great night!

2. VeggieGirl says:

Hope your hunger and the rain calm down a bit, haha :-) Hang in there!!

Enjoy your Tuesday evening, girl!!

3. Becca says:

Glad you got rain! It’s the best thing ever:]

4. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

hormone just drives our hunger like crazy sometimes. Just let it go.
    hope you have a great night and quick wednesday~
    so jealous of you that you’ll see your family soon.

5. strongandhealthy says:

I know exactly what you mean with your stomach growling. A few months ago, I got used to the feeling and it’s so weird to “feel hungry” again. Glad you got rain! Have a great night!

6. Theresa says:

I’ve had those days… but mine aren’t usually when I’m outside tramping all around!

7. jess says:

How dare you mention the rain!! At least I have some warning ;)

I don’t yet get hunger cues, but I never really did. I don’t know if I’m jealous or not, haha, but hell, it assures you your body is Healing and working properly, so that’s pretty dang cool!!

p.s. word verification= SISTA!! Haha
    wana be my blogga sista?

8. Erin of Care to Eat says:

I’m so glad the hunger is making itself known! I understand the fascination with rain – it never happens here either.
    How exciting that you’re so close to family time. Yay!

9. jess says:

p.s. EEEW about the bug infested zbar but Awesome that they make that flavor!

10. Caitlin says:

man i was freakishly hungry today, too! what gives?

11. lighterportions says:

Aw.. well, YAY for the stomach grumbles in this case! As much as they can be annoying sometimes haha.

That’s so cool that it’s a treat for you to get rain haha.

Enjoy Thanksgiving time with the fam!

12. imadedinner says:

I get days like that where ALL my stomach does is rumble… i hate it! Enjoy your night!

13. Gina says:

I love your blog! Mainly because I love food and working out as well. I am doing a nice little 5K on Thanksgiving with my family (well, I’m sort of forcing them, haha).

14. I am Angie Pooh says:

I think it’s hilarious/cute that you’re excited about rain! I dislike the rain.. it was raining soo much in NYC today. You can gladly take the rain from here any day. :-) Hehe.

Anyway, all your food looks yummy!! I love Clif bars, but like you, I don’t really like pears so I don’t think I’ll be trying that one.

I think it’s awesome you’re running a 10k on Thanksgiving!! Hope you get a great run in. I’ve always wanted to run a marathon of some sort.. I guess I’ll have to put that on my to-do list.

Goodnight!!!xoxo

15. Bobbi says:

I hate when my tummy wont stop talking!!! Hope you were able to feed the wild animal!!! lol…Yucky bug story i am glad you didnt eat that bar!

16. Fitnessista says:

that dinner looks incredible!
    i need to find that pear clif bar…
    hope you have a wonderful evening!

17. Maya says:

iam so making a pb banana flat out soon it looks SO good and has inspired me!

18. nourishing mornings says:

i have that cliff bar waiting for me. :) it looks really good hopefully ill like it i liked all the other seasonal flavors especially the pumpkin pie.

19. Brooke says:

i love the apple cinnamon zbar and pear clif bar! im sorry part part of it was missing :(

your dinner looks delicious, very creative and a great way to use leftovers!

20. biz319 says:

Happy you feel hungry again!

Hang in there!

21. ksgoodeats says:

Yay for the hunger cues!! Sorry to hear about the z-bar :(

Dinner looks delicious! I agree the texture of the flatout wraps are to best!

Have a great Wednesday!!

22. Meg says:

I have days like that! Your body must need the calories!! Have a great day!

23. seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) says:

i love the openning of your post. it is so true and SO important to stay in touch with our true hungers. great wording–take care of that hunger always!! you seem like your doing such a sepctacular job, and really listening to ur body is such a plus. way to go girl!! i know exactly what u mean when u say its always lingering…..

keep it up!

24. ConsiderEatz! says:

Great blog! And what a fabulous post. Glad you are listening to your body. It is amazing the things we can learn from ourselves when we stop and listen huh?
    -Caroline

25. Bunny Trails says:

I have those days where I can’t possibly eat enough. I guess our bodies know best :)

Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving!

26. HangryPants says:

I never thought of appreciating my hunder like that, but congratulations. :D

I haven’t seen the seasonal cliff bars by me yet!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Heather