Home Blogger

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!!  I’m currently at home, safe and sound!

(Dad says I’m blogging per his DSL, so he needs to get credit. LOL)
The drive home was absolutely horrible because socal traffic SUCKSSSSS!  My normal 1.5hr drive turned into a 2.5 hr drive…with me having to pee the entire time! hahahaha…yes…
Anyhow, boring day today…work was eh as I didn’t do much, but I did get a new hoodie with a marine core emblem on it!  whooo hoo! I don’t know about you, but I am/was excited.  I love new hoodies, and i wanted some sort of clothing that showed where i’ve been working the past 5 months, so I thought that was perfect. :)
So yes.  Started off my day with my first set of oats for the week! I missed my normal banana cranberry flax cinnamon oats…soo good.
It didn’t last me as long as it normally does, so I decided to try one of my new Gnu bars!!!  I was way excited to try the pb one cause well, I love pb…
I love how you can see most of the ingredients on the list practically on the bar…but I was pretty disappointed.  I couldn’t really taste any pb in the bar and it had more of a dull apple taste…cause there are pieces of dried apple in there.  It was good, I liked the texture, but the flavor wasn’t enough for these taste buds.  But, I’ve got the other flavors to try and based on what some of you have told me I shall enjoy them!!!
Lunch time was just as non-exciting as my work day.  Well, the apple part w/ my granola was, but other than that, my sandwich was very disappointing.  The soy cheese didn’t melt in the toaster oven and the bread was falling apart.  wtf?  arg.
Before I headed out onto the crazy busy road I had one of these puppies…again, I don’t like to eat two bars in one day but I was desperate…
Finally got home and whipped up a quick salad.  There is salad under all that stuff, which consisted of two scrambled eggs, broccoli, carrots, tomato and sesame seed dressing.  I also had some kashi’s on the side but had them after…I needed some carbs.  I love my carbs.
Alright, off to catch up on your blogs and get some zzzzz’s…I’m way way way the heck exhausted…and I have a very long run tomorrow…so sleepy time pour moi!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Home Blogger

1. Katie says:

Yeah, the PB Gnu Bar is kind of…not peanutbuttery…but the others are really, really good.

2. Bobbi says:

those protein bars look like something I would like:) Where is home for you my dear? I am glad you got there safe!

3. Maya says:

to bad about the gnu bar flavor,i personally only remember liking the banana flavor. glad you finally got there,i hate having to pee in the car:)thats the worst.

4. magpie says:

Carbs are definitely good. I love them :)

5. nourishing mornings says:

i agree the pb gnu bar inst the best out of all the flavors.
    ugh i hate being stuck in the car when i have to pee :)

6. Becca says:

Glad you got there okay! I hope you have a nice weekend!

7. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

cranberries flax cinnamon oatmeal looks amazing~~~ I’ll try this combo next.

Sorry that you didn’t like the PB flavor of GNU, I get very disappointed when I can’t taste the flavor that I’m supposed to taste. Oh… btw, did you buy the sample package from the website?

8. strongandhealthy says:

Thanks for the Gnu bar review. Sorry your lunch was pretty crappy too. At least you ended the day with some carbs! That’s the best!

9. Erica says:

Glad you made it home safe! I looked for the Gnu’s last night at WF’s and couldn’t find them?

10. HangryPants says:

I felt the same way about the PB gnu bar and if you look at the ingredients, it will all make sense … there is no PB in there – just peanuts!

Continue to enjoy your visit home, Melissa!

11. imadedinner says:

interesting about the Gnu bar… i felt the same way about the PB Larabar!

12. Laura says:

I’ve yet to find Gnu bars in a store here. I’d like to try them! I’ll keep looking.

What do you do with the Marine Corps? I work for the federal gov’t and would eventually like to transfer to onto the base here. I love DC, but I’m kind of over the traffic every day. :)

Enjoy your time at home!

13. VeggieGirl says:

No Gnu bars for me – I’m too loyal to my Larabars ;-)

HAVE TONS OF FUN AT HOME!!!!!! Enjoy!!!

14. Shannon says:

Yeah, the PB Gnu bar was the only one I didn’t like. But I absolutely LOVE all the other ones. The orange cranberry one is for only some people’s taste buds, I think, but it suits mine just fine :)

15. Melissa says:

Hey Melissa! Happy weekend! I agree about the peanut butter gnu bars, where’s the PB? I do LOVE the cinnamon raisin and the chocolate brownie though. But when I crave PB, I go for the PB Clif zbar, tastes like a reeses cup to me! Wow, that was a long explanation, maybe I take my bars too seriously :)

16. biz319 says:

Glad you made it home safely!

Enjoy your run!

17. loveofoats.com says:

happy you made it home – traffic is the worst!!!

18. Joanna says:

have you tried the banana bread gnu bar? it’s amazing!!! i would definitely give that one a try if you haven’t already.

i just hate when you expect to taste peanut butter and you don’t. i got coldstone’s peanut butter ice cream and it tasted like feet.

19. Pearl says:

hoodies are sooo great. and sooo essential in san diego! my san diego blogger buddy! omgosh i’m still so excited over that LOL.

and ya.. if i recall correctly, I remember being kinda disappointed that the pb bar didn’t really taste like.. pb. the cranberry and orange bar was great, though, and chocolate one was good, but it was a little bit “different” for me since it was packed full of seeds.

have a greeeeeeeat weekend!

20. glidingcalm says:

aww i liked the PB Gnu Bar! so sorry you didn’t. I haven’t been a fan of their other flavors…though I’m dying to try the Banana!

have a great weekend!

21. sarah says:

i’m glad you made it home safe and sound—i leave on tuesday and i CANT WAIT!!!!

i love new hoodies—theyre the best when theyre so warm and soft, i always dread having to wash them for the first time.

i never thought to put scrambled eggs on a salad—great idea!

22. bitesoflife says:

Good to see you made it safely!

Your salad looks really good. I wouldn’t have thought to put scrambled eggs on it. But they aren’t much different than hard boiled so it makes sense!

Have a great time at home!

23. Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) says:

Glad you got home okay!

24. Bunny Trails says:

As always, food looks yummy! I too am a carb junkie. Makes me very happy!

I FINALLY tried a Larabar!!! FINALLY! And oh how divine.

I used to live in DC and it would take 3 hours to drive home a few times a week… and Murphy’s law dictated that I would always have to pee. OH THE AGONY! wworst feeling ever ;)

25. ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á says:

have a great time at home!:)

26. Caitlin (see bride run) says:

oh man i do want to try to gnu bar!

27. Meg says:

So glad that you are home! ENJOY! Sorry the PB Gnu wasn’t what you expected!

28. Meghann says:

Glad you made it back home safe! Have a great timne with your family!

29. Fitnessista says:

i was kinda bummed by that flavor too– nothing special
    i LOVE pure protein though :D
    hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

30. eatingbender says:

Yay for Gnu bars!! I just got some samples, too!! I’m excited to try ‘em!

Speaking of bars…I tried that Pure Protein bar for the first time on Friday. I really liked it!

I’m glad you’re home and that you’re feeling better :o) Good luck with the run tomorrow!

31. ksgoodeats says:

I was not a fan of that Gnu bar either – PB flavored? Yeah, don’t think so!

Love the pure protein though :)

32. seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) says:

sorry about the bar being sub-par. that is so disappointing to hear because like you, I want to marry Peanut butter. Is that weird?

have a beauteous sunday evening, darling! Your blog is fantastic.