As the week goes by…

I feel better and better.  Again, thanks for helping me feel better!!!

Anyhow, quick recap of the day cause I have some stuff I need to get done tonight for my trip home tomorrow!  I’m leaving directly after I finish up at work and hope to have a nice dinner at home with the parents…and maybe the brothers?  Who knows.  And because I’ll be at home, I might not be able to blog…we shall see.  If not, I promise a full recap on Sunday!
Breakfast started off with a bit of a twist from my normal fruit and yogurt…I’m out of fresh berries so I had to resort to frozen ones, and tossed in some frozen mango too.  I topped it off w/ some of my homemade granola and a piece of some pumpkin cranberry bread I made the other night.  I like the pumpkin bread I made cause it doesn’t have that overpowering pumpkin taste..maybe it’s because i didn’t use pumpkin pie spice and just cinnamon and ginger…it’s good though and not too sweet!

This didn’t last me as long as I thought it would so I had a lovely zbar…
By the time lunch came around I was starving and dug into my black bean/tomato/laughing cow cheese wrap…I had a salad on the side w/ a fuji apple.  so good!

For some reason it didnt’ last me too long…which i thought it would w/ the beans, but it didn’t.  so i had my fav snack: pb and banana!

I got home and was hungry AGAIN (Geez!!) so I had some peanuts and cashews w/ some dried bluberries…and had some honeydew on the side (sorry, forgot the pictures!).
I spent the rest of the evening cleaning and starting to pack up some stuff to start taking home…by the time my hunger came back it wasn’t raging and i simply had no idea what i wanted…i stared at the outside of my fridge forever.  hahaha…i decided on this sad plate of whatever-ness…
I had a few more kashi’s afterwards…8 maybe?
But, look what fairy came to visit me today:
Thank you Robyn from Gnu Bars for my nice sample pack!  I can’t wait to try my first one tomorrow!!!!
K, off to finish all the stuff I gotta do.  Ciao!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to As the week goes by…

1. ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á says:

hope you feel better !

2. Ali says:

its good to see you feeling better and better each day!! :D and i soooooooo want to try gnu bars! tell me how you like them!

3. Jenngirl says:

Soo glad you are doing better, and what delicious eats you had! Enjoy those Gnu bars, I’m jealous! ;)

4. therunningaddict says:

Its so good to hear you are getting better!

5. Pearl says:

oh my gosh! really? WOW! i’d LOVE to meet up, really! i’m so excited! hahahaha :)

i think what’s so cool is that we get to meet up with people who we have never met, but know so much about – through their words and their ability to share with us, y’know?

anyways, i hope you have a great thanksgiving and i definitely want to meet up when you’re free!

if you’d want, we can start chatting on AIM and such (do you have that?) you can e-mail me your screen name and i’ll add you!

pearl :)

P.S. – cute pictures! gnu bars are SO good – i first tried the cranberry, chocolate, and oatmeal raisin last year or so (i got them at whole foods… they were the only available flavors back then) and thought they were great! i really loved the chocolate (but then again, who doesn’t like chocolate?) and also the cranberry ones… i have yet to try the other flavors (i didn’t even know they came out with new ones), and i’m really tempted! thanks for sharing :0

6. Bobbi says:

I am so happy your feeling better!!! have fun with the family:)

7. Lara says:

That wrap is a great packed lunch idea! Thank you!

8. Maya says:

hope you feel better soon :(
    love the gnu bars they are so great,haven’t had one in a while but i used to eat them a lot love the banana flavor tastes like banana bread.

9. jesse says:

Aw, I hope you feel better sooner… and I want a gnu bar =(

10. Balance, Joy and Delicias! says:

how it comes that you got all those delicious yummies????? I want some too!!!!!!

really happy to know that you’re feeling better. ^_^ life is so short and so fun to not enjoy it, right?

11. Erica says:

I love the breakfast change! Looks so good! I hope you have a really great trip- Are you going to be able to blog? (I hope so ;)). I really want to try those Gnu bars. Can’t wait for the review!

12. Becca says:

I’m glad you’re feeling a little better!!! HAve a great weekend!

13. strongandhealthy says:

I love PB & banana! Yummy! Glad to hear you're better! Have a great Friday!

14. imadedinner says:

So glad you’re doing better! ITS FRIDAY!!!!

15. HangryPants says:

Have a safe trip! Enjoy yourself.

16. Caitlin (see bride run) says:

i want gnu bar samples!!! they loook lovely!

17. glidingcalm says:

your banana and PB always looks SO GOOD.

happy friday lovely lady!

18. shelby says:

I’m glad you are feeling better. I always find that blogging makes me feel a lot better!

Gnu bars!!! YUM! I’m so glad you get to try them =) Ooo and I love your breakfast combo =)

19. VeggieGirl says:

KEEP FEELING BETTER!!!!! :-)

Have fun this weekend,!!

20. Catherine says:

Good to see you’re gradually feeling good again. I’m sure the package from Gnu helped with that a little :)

21. ksgoodeats says:

I’m all over that lunch! Sounds delicious :)

Jealous of the Gnu bars!! Enjoy them and let us know what you think.

Have fun going home this weekend – happy Friday!

Oh and congrats on the hempmilk win :D

22. Meg says:

I can’t wait to hear about the Gnu bars!

I am so glad you are starting to feel better!

23. Meghann says:

I’m glad your week is getting better!

Have fun with your family!!

Awesome Gnu bars. You know I have never had those before, you have to let me know what you think the peanut butter one on top looks itneresting. :)

24. bitesoflife says:

Glad you are feeling better! And have a wonderful trip home!

Lucky girl with the bar samples! Those Gnu bars a very difficult find here!

25. Allison says:

Yay, I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better!! Ahh, you’re lucky you received such a nice sample package…I love the oatmeal raisin gnu bar…It’s the only one I’ve tried, but it was delicious! I can’t wait to hear your reviews on the other flavors. Have a GREAT weekend girl!!

26. Runeatrepeat says:

Glad you’re feeling better :)

27. Just Me says:

Okay so you are right that banana/pb combo does look mighty gross, but it also looks so delicious, I cant wait to do my grocery shopping this weekend to get some bananas.. mmm. So another question I read your blog frequently by way of Inner workings of a college graduate and I saw the package you sent her, may I ask where in the world did you find the pumpkin spice granola? I have to try some. thanks

28. greendogwine says:

that wrap looks fabulous! congrats on scoring the gnu bars!

29. lighterportions says:

I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit better now! Lucky you and the giant box of Gnu Bars! We don’t even get those in Canada as far as I know. If I ever travel to the US I must remember to keep my eye out for them haha.

Just caught up on your last post too and that’s SO cool about the reader sighting. That would definitely make ya feel like a celebrity :)