As Tuesdays go…

Today’s post is going to be half now half tomorrow cause I’m going to be out doing field research tonight!  I’m posting breakie, snack and lunch but will post other snacks and dinner demain (tomorrow).  I got asked by the wildlife biologist at the base to help participate in a night field survey on the base from 5.30pm to 12.30am!  It’s going to be a long night, but I’m way excited.  I went in this morning for a few hours so today could equate to 8 hours and so I could come in a little later tomorrow as I’m going to be up so late!

So this morning I was not feeling any kind of food but knew I would need something, obviously.  I mixed together my infamous banana/cinnamon/walnut/cranberry/flax oats and ate it super slow cause after only a few bites I was full…but I knew I really wasn’t…does that make sense?  Anyhow, took me a long time to eat the oats…and they tasted kinda funky…what is with my tastebuds eh?

I left work around 10 and ran a few errands before I came home and went for my run!  My quad is still bothering me for some reason so I stayed on the flattest surface I could and went pretty slow compared to my normal speed.  I ended up running the 40 minutes I originally was suppoed to but did it a lot slower.  I’m not bothered by not getting in such an intense workout because I really want my leg to get better.  I want to be able to run that 10k dangit!!!!  Oh, but I had a blueberry zbar before I headed out…

I had to switch around my lunch and dinner because I won’t be at home or the office so I had my dinner I was thinking of having!  I really wanted some sushi and since I ended up not using my sticky brown rice last night I rolled my own rolls!  I had some of those soy wrappers I posted about previously and made my roll out of that since i had no nori.  I made my roll w/ brown rice, a little bit of carrot, yellow bell pepper and parts of a veggie burger.  I had the rest of the burger on the side along with the leftover edamame from when I had sushi on Friday.  It was a great meal, but there was a little too much salt in it…so now i’m currently chugging lots of water.
K, now I’m off to take a nap, pack up the other foods and extra clothes for tonight them I’m outtie!!  Hope everyone has a good night!  I’ll catch up on your blogs tomorrow!!!
This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to As Tuesdays go…

1. Amy says:

you rolled those little beauties yourself? they look sooo good! awesome job. sorry about your quad, i hope it feels better soon…good luck with your research too!

2. VeggieGirl says:

You are quite the skilled sushi-maker!! I’m impressed!!

Good luck doing field research tonight!!

3. glidingcalm says:

IM SO IMPRESSED by people who can roll their own rolls! and yours look picture perfect!!!! amazing!!!
    can i have some? :)

still waiting to try that blueberry zbar…..it’s sitting in my stash!!

have a great rest of your day Melissa!!

4. Andrea of Care to Eat says:

I want to make my own rolls! I need a tutorial and some encouragement, stat!

5. ttfn300 says:

have fun in the field! lovely rolls :)

6. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Aw, I’m sorry about your taste buds. It’s no fun to be eating something yummy when you can’t appreciate it!

The worst thing ever is when you get sick and your nose gets clogged and you can’t smell; everything tastes the same :o/

7. magpie says:

oo awesome :) I’m totally having sushi night sometime now!

Have fun tonight!

8. shelby says:

amazing job with the sushi! I tried making sushi once but they didn’t turn out so nice =( Oh well maybe you can just make me some!

9. HangryPants says:

Take care of yourself. There will always be another 10k!

I love rolls! Not on my body, but in my mouth!

10. Meghann says:

At least that sounds like an interesting night!

Great Sushi!

11. Anonymous says:

yummy sushi! good idea.

on another note…did they figure out what’s wrong with your tummy? what kind’s of allergies did they come up with?
    i’m simply curious since i am currently dealing with the same thing and i absolutely abhor the effects its having on my body! yikes

12. Olga says:

looveee that sushi. It’s really expensive up here in school, can’t wait to have some when I go home! I don’t have sushi rolling skills =[

O0o enjoy field research, sounds fab!

13. Erin of Care to Eat says:

I can’t believe you rolled those. THey look so freakin professional!

14. Meg says:

Hope your night went well and your quad feels better!

15. Erica says:

You have such a cool job! I can’t believe you made those yourself- they look just perfect!

16. Gina says:

you made your own rolls?!? i am SO impressed by your sushi-making skills… i totally hit up the publix deli when i want a sushi roll– i feel like such a slacker now!
    hope your quad feels better soon!

17. eatingbender says:

Ooh wow, a night in the field sounds like so much fun!! I hope it’s going well :o)

Your sushi is quite impressive!! I don’t think I could ever get sushi to look so professional – kudos!!

By the way, I absolutely LOVED your BSI recipe! I want those pancakes right now!

Have a wonderful evening!

18. Caitlin (see bride run) says:

yay zbar!

19. Zoey says:

That sushi looks really good!

20. just me says:

Amy: yes i did! thanks! it’ll get better soon with some rest and ice hopefully!

VG: Thanks! it tooke lots of practice, i swear!

Em: Hehehe…I’m glad you like my mad sushi skills! I’ll make you some one day! def try that bar; it totally rocks!!

Andrea: Make make make! maybe i’ll post a tutorial on the blog! hrm…

ttfn300: it was a blast! thanks!

CCV: yeah, i don’t know what’s up with them.

magpie: yay! veggie sushi rocks! thanks!

Shelby: I’ll come and make you some if it’ll cheer you up!

Heather: def in the mouth is better!

Meghann: it was very fun! thanks!

Anon: Thanks! it was really good! I still have yet to figure out what is wrong with my tummy but i’m trying a few new eating techniques to see if that will hlep. i hope you feel better soon! if you’d like to know more, feel free to email me!

Olga: hope you get to make some at home soon; i know how expensive they can be! so much cheaper this way!

Erin: Ah, thanks babe!

Meg: thanks! me too!

Erica: the night out was fun! ahhh…they were far from perfect!

Gina: yes ma’am i do! my cousin taught me when i was little..cause he’s absolutely perfect at it! it’s easy to make, just get a sushi roller!

Jenn: It was a great night, i really enjoyed it! If we ever meet, I’ll make sure to teach you how to make them! Glad you liked hte BSI recipe!!!

Caitlin: oh yeah!

Zoey: thanks!

21. lighterportions says:

Have fun with the field research!
    And your sushi skills are superb. I’m inspired to learn how to roll my own now!