Ew…

RANT here…if you don’t want to read it, go past the tilda’s for foods!

That is exactly how I feel right now.  I don’t know what is up with my stomach/head/rest of my body…

After I ate my lunch I had the worst wave of nausea ever and thought maybe it was my whole “undiagnosable” stomach/esophagus ailment; but damn, this was BAD.  I thought maybe a walk would work, but the whole time I wanted to drop to the ground and curl up and DIE.  Surprisingly, after almost 2 miles in the heat (it was FREEZING in the office) I felt better and got back to work.  I felt discouraged by this at the time and thought I woudln’t run after work, but I felt pretty good and did.  I ended up doing 4 miles on the track in 35 minutes…nice and steady, but my body was not into it. Boooo…
By the time I got home I was feeling a little uneasy and then BAM, the nausea and PAIN were back.  WTF?  So I crawled my sweaty self to the shower and hoped it would go away.  it didn’t, so I immediately layed down afterwards, tried to read blogs at a 90 degree angle and passed out for a good hour and a half.  Woke up still feeling icky with lingering symptoms, but doing better.  I hope I feel better tomorrow!  i have an exciting workout and a hike to do after work!  And my project was finished today so yay for that too!
~~
Breakfast was a new one today! After seeing Sarah’s Overnight Oats I finally decided to give them a try!!  I mixed my oats w/ water, cinnamon and cranberries over night then in the morning added a banana and some cinn/raisin pb…there was just enough liquid left to make the pb seperate and cover everything…YUMMY!  I think next time I should add yogurt though…what do you add to your overnight oats?
I snacked on some celery and carrots just before lunch…
Then for lunch had tofurky slices on ww bread w/ roasted red pepper hummus, tomato and spinach.  I had watermelon on the side and 1/2 of one of those humongo pure protein bars…this one was the chocolate delux…tasted way too artificial for me…but yeah.
then about 45 min before my run I started to feel hungry again so I had my new fav pumpkin spice TLC crunchy bars.  yay!
After my little catastrophy of sickness this afternoon I needed a bland dinner but w/ some nutrients since i did do about 6 miles today! geez!  So i had the last two eggs (!!!! need to get more!!!!) on a ww english muffin w/ 1/4 avocado and an apple.
K, off to watch GG and OTH then off to bed nice and early!!!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Ew…

1. Anita says:

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well today… I hope you feel better tomorrow too! Hopefully all you need is a goodnight's sleep and some R&R!

So I'm picking up my first package of Tofurky this weekend (I have a coworker who also works part-time at Whole Foods, so I get to abuse his discount! Yay!). I'm torn between the hickory-smoked and the cracked pepper… got any recommendations?

2. shelby says:

I’m sorry you feel so bad…I had a time like that a couple weeks ago where first my bak was spazzing and then I had the worst stomach pains I’ve ever had in my life! Turns out it was bad food poisoning. =( I hope you feel better though!!

In my overnight oats I put 1/2 cup soymilk, 1/2 cup oats, frozen fruit, and spices. Then in the morning I add soy yogurt! The best ever!!

3. eatingbender says:

Oh no! I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well! I hate it when that happens at work or school and you can’t just go home and relax. I’m glad you’re feeling a little better!

Hurray for overnight oats! That Sarah is a genius ;o) I would definitely add yogurt next time because that’s what makes it so creamy and YUM!

I didn’t get to watch GG tonight because of work – thank goodness for DVR!

Here’s hoping for a happier Tuesday!

4. Andrea of Care to Eat says:

I hope you feel better soon! I know what you’re going through. What you were describing, I feel every now and then – not too often but more than I probably should. I have no idea what it is or if anything is triggering it. I haven’t felt the need to get it checked out…yet.

5. ttfn300 says:

oh no, hope you feel better tomorrow!

6. VeggieGirl says:

Eeek, hang in there, Melissa!!! I’m praying that you’re feeling 100% better now!!

Gorgeous breakfast; and HOORAY FOR GOSSIP GIRL!!! :0)

7. sarah says:

sorry that you weren’t feeling well today. sometimes i get random stomach problems too that just come out of nowhere and are horrible and I just have to lay down for a while until they go away. Sometimes drinking some ginger tea helps me.

I’m glad you liked the overnight oats, adding yogurt is a MUST though! It’s how you get the creamy amazingness!

8. jenngirl says:

Hope you are feeling better today! I’m glad you ranted, everyone needs to from time to time! I want to try overnight oats so badly!! Yours look great!

I missed GG AND OTH last night! What is wrong with me?!? Ugh, I guess I’ll have to resort to the internet, but not before I watch HOUSE tonight!!

Have a great day! :)

9. HeatherBakes says:

Sorry you weren’t feeling well :( That sounds awful! Hope you feel 100% better today.

I always add half milk and half plain yogurt to my overnight oats- it’s pretty thick but I like the consistency. Bananas are good in there, too.

10. Meg says:

My husband is dealing with an undiagnosable stomach/esophagus issues right now and has tried everything. Nothing has worked.

Just wondering…there are a lot of artificial sugars in that bar…maybe that caused your issues.

FEEL BETTER!

11. just me says:

Anita: Im feeling a little better today…sleep last night def helped! and i don’t know which tofurky i got…i think it might have been original…but the hickory smoked sounds good! and i’m jealous of hte WF discount you get ot mooch!

shelby: ohhh…that sounds horrible! i hope i don’t have that! and your overnight oats sound great!

jenn: feeling better, but not 100%…slowly gettin there. and GG was crazy! hope you enjoy it!

Andrea: mines been going on since i started this job back in june…doc thinks it’s allergy of a sort but i don’t know…it’s getting worse! hope yours gets better soon!

ttfn: thanks, me too!

VG: getting better eventually, thanks! and i really enjoyed the different texture of bfast!

sarah: yeah, laying down def helped…too bad there wasn’t a place to do that at work! and next time i will def add yogurt! i’m excited to try again!

jenngirl: def try the oats! they were really good and i have now more variety to try! and GG and OTH was great!! hope you like it when you get a chance to watch!

heather(bakes): you soak it over night in the yogurt/milk instead of water? hrm…sounds good! i’ll try that next time!

meg: your poor hubby…i’ve tried everything too, and more…we shall see and hope we both get better! and i was thinking the bar might have upset my stomach…too bad i still have 1/2 of one left…though i’ve eaten those bfore and didn’t have a problem…weird.

12. Erin at caretoeat.net says:

So sorry you’re feeling funky. I hope you’re in a place where you feel comfortable listening to your body. I think that’s hard sometimes.
    Random, but I like the way you cut your apple!

13. Caitlin (see bride run) says:

feel better!!!!!!

14. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your stomach pain, especially since I used to get a similar searing pain every few months, a few years ago. At first, I tried heating pads, soup, laying down, etc. NOTHING made it go away. Finally, one day I gave in and took a Tylenol. I’m not big on taking medicines, but for this pain, Tylenol is SERIOUSY worth it! (But hopefully you won’t ever get the pain again, and thus won’t have any use for the above information!)

15. Anonymous says:

you and i both with the stomach/digestive problems.

i’ve had an endoscopy and everything… NOTHING!

i seriously think it’s just my body telling me to eat 100% natural all the time and no coffee.

but i hear you with the severe pain… i had one last week— i was literally on the floor crouching in stomach pain and acid…the culprit? i’m sure it was a weeks worth of drinking the devil… COFFEE! Never again!

Hope you are better now!!

16. Megan says:

I hope you feel better in the morning!!! Maybe you just need a good rest :-D

17. HangryPants says:

Ugh, so sorry about the stomach issues! I hope you’re felling better. I’ve never made overnight oats! Do you recommend?