Today, was a good day.  I was pretty relaxed and content and just plain, happy.  I haven’t had one of those in a really long time.  When was the last time you had a truely “happy” day?

Actually, I hope you all have a truely happy day EVERYDAY!
Anyhow, volunteered this morning, came home and parents visited on the way to a funeral (sadness…great uncle died…but i didn’t know him), made my secret ingredient banana/apple/chocolate chip bread, went for a great run, came home made a warm dinner and now I’m going to watch a movie and read up on all my magazines (I have FIVE I haven’t even touched!).
Have a good night everyone!
Oh!  I tried TJ’s GREEK YOGURT this morning and it was…very thick, but still good!  I really like to eat tart yogurts and use fruit to sweeten it up naturally, so this was great!  I just wish it would have been a little less thick to make easier to mix…oh well!  I had raspberries, a nectarine, greek yogurt and Kashi Vive.
Lunch was put together quick as I was talking to my parents and getting all my baking stuff ready.  I made a veggie tofurky hummus sandwich on ww and some watermelon.
This was supposed to be my pre-run snack…but then my bread finished and of course I HAD to try a piece…or TWO. ;P
So I had two…and they were SOOOO GOOD.  I could taste the apples with all the cinnamon I put in there, but there was still a promenant banana flavor and of course the chocolate chips….[[drooooolllllll]]
Then I went for my long run for the week: 50 minutes.  I ran around the bay today to get a change of scenery but it was all overcast and weird clouds (seriously, a wall of dark clouds coming up off the water!) and I was cold…and I don’t run well when I’m cold.  But I think I lucked out today, because I was able to run comfortably and no calf pain!  I was afraid it was going to hurt because I would be running completely on cement (I notice a huge different on how my body reacts to different surfaces I run on…best is on grass/dirt, worst is on cement, asphalt in the middle), but I lucked out and it didn’t!  I was also trying really hard to keep my shoulders relaxed because I tense up easily…but that still needs to be worked on :O
Came home to a very HOT shower because after I ran I stayed down at the bay to stretch and do some situps and pushups and was FROZEN going home!
Soup always makes me feel better after I’m cold…I mixed about a cup of my tomato lentil couscous w/ a can of low sodium minestrone soup and boy did it hit the spot! Soooo good!  and I promise, probably only one more meal w/ the couscous…I can’t waste leftovers though!
Oh yeah, and I had some dark chocolate chex mix for dessert…but it ran away to my mouth faster than the camera could catch it >D
Off to watch a movie…I’m debating between Annapolis (because James Franco is HOT) and Moulin Rouge (because Ewan McGregor is hot and his voice ROCKS in this movie!)…and to read my mags…
G’night!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to :)

1. shelby says:

Ooo I love Moulin Rouge but nothing beats James Franco..he is the hottest guy I’ve ever seen!

2. eatingbender says:

I love the title of your post!! I am so glad to hear that your day was truly happy. I know I’ve had those days, but not this week unfortunately! Haha, that sounds so sad…but there’s always tomorrow I guess :o)

I have sooo many magazines I need to read, too! Darn school and work!!!

Interesting that the TJ’s yogurt is so thick. I have yet to try it but thanks for your honest review! I’ll know what I’m getting myself into if I ever do buy it!

Mmm…couscous with soup sounds like a lovely way to end a frozen evening. Unfortunately, it’s still sooooo hot here in my room. I can’t wait until fall actually arrives!

Ok, love Moulin Rouge but honestly, James Franco is so much more worth it ;o) Let us know what you decided, hehe!

3. sportsnutritionliving says:

Love the bread with the bananas and apples ,looks very good!

4. VeggieGirl says:

HOORAY FOR HAVING “HAPPY” DAYS!!! Hope that you continue to have lots of them :0)

Okay, you have FIVE magazines that you haven’t touched yet?? Um, I HAVE TWENTY!!!! I COUNTED!!!! I’m addicted to subscribing to magazines, apparently, haha ;0)

Mmm, your banana-apple-chocolate-chip bread looks better and better each time I see it – YUM!!

Hope you had a great night, and that your Sunday is a “happy” one!! :0)

By the way, I will be at my dance showcase ALL DAY today, so I will probably not be able to comment on your next post – I apologize in advance!!

5. HangryPants says:

Well, I would have eaten all the bread, so 2 pieces is v. admirable. I love James Franco!

6. jenngirl says:

Ooo I hope you picked Anapolis because James Franco is just sexy :)

Enjoy your Sunday!

7. bobbi says:

love the blog oh so cute!

8. Gina says:

moulin rouge is one of my all-time favorite movies.. it’s when i fell in love with ewan mcgregor– his voice is INCREDIBLE! which one did you decide on!
    so glad you had a truly happy day :D
    the bread looks soooooo good- i’ve never tried banana, apple, chocolate combination but it sounds delectable!
    have a wonderful day!

9. Meg says:

I love Moulin Rouge…I just popped the soundtrack into my CD player in my car yesterday!!!!! I need to watch the movie again…maybe today would be perfect!

10. ttfn300 says:

that bread looks delish! and i am NEVER able to let a fresh baked good cool completely before trying it :) lol

11. just me says:

shelby: ahhh yes…why can't we find these boys in real life?!?!

jenn: i hope your day is a happy day today since you haven't had one yet this week! hope you get to your mags soon and try TJ's greek yogurt. I had it again this morning! and yes, james franco is sooo much more worth it…i actually decided to watch chasing liberty at the last second because the pic of matthew goode caught my eye…he is soooooooo HOT!

Christie: thanks!

VG: I hope you have happy days too! and TWENTY mags!??!?! HOLY CRAP!!! Get on those girl!!! hahaha! and no worries about todays post…have a great time at your dance showcase!

Heather: I totally could have eaten more…but the fact that I had a long run to do stopped me….:P and I <3 James franco.

jenn: i ended up watching chasing liberty because matthew goode is just as hot…but i'm going to def watch annapolis TODAY!

Bobbi: Thanks! I'm going to check yours out soon!

Gina: omg…ewan's voice is amazing in that movie. even my brothers like watching the last song when he belts i out coming back down the walkway to kidman…[[swoooon]] and my bread wouldn't have been as great w/o your recipe! it totally rocks! have a great sunday!!

Meg: i had my ipod on random yesterday and heard one of the songs too!!! i shall watch it soon!!

ttfn300: thanks! i'm even worse w/ cookies…i will always burn my tongue i'm so anxious to try them all the time!!! heheh!!!

12. whatiateyesterday says:

I love soup when I am cold too. I even eat it in the summer.

I just bought some TJ’s greek yogurt, I hope I like it!

13. Brooke says:

thanks melissa! i also added you to my blog roll :)

your lunch looks delicious! what bread did you use? and i love your creativity with the canned soup + couscous. i’ll have to try that sometime!

14. sarah says:

i’ll answer your question here too to make sure you get it and can try overnight oats ASAP!

no cooking involved! Just soak 1/2 c old fashioned oats with 1 T ground flax, pinch of salt (i usually forget this though) and 1/2 c water.

The oats with absorb most of the water overnight but there may still be a tiny bit left. They get nice and chewy!

Then in the morning stir in banana, cinnamon, yogurt, and whatever other mix-ins you’d like. I’ve heard of people adding PB which I definitely need to try, and I bet adding some dried fruit (raisins or cranberries) would add an amazing texture to it too.

Enjoy!

15. Caitlin says:

im glad you had a happy day!! :)

and im glad you arent experiencing pains in your calf. injuries suck.

16. just me says:

christie i: i hope you enjoy TJ's greek yogurt! it's really good (but if you don't like really tart i suggest adding a little something something!)

brooke: i used a ww bread from Fresh & Easy because it's made right there in the grocery store. and glad you liked my soup/couscous combo! its super yummy!

sarah: thanks soooooooooo much for answering my question! i'm def going to try it tonight!!! i'm way excited!

17. just me says:

caitlin: i know, injuries suck. i’m keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t come back. i hope yours gets better soon!

18. seejessrun says:

Great use of the Blogger Secret Ingredient!