Its FRIDAY!!!!!

And thank goodness for that!!!! And even better, i got off work at 1400 instead of 1430, so that totally rocks!

Today went well, got a lot done at work and got home to chill out and blog to catch up and all that good stuff. This weekend should be fun as I’m going to my roomie’s house in south OC because her family is returning from Syria. I’m going to be making lots of baked goods tomorrow morning to take to the party…it’s the least I could do! Then going home Sunday to pick up my new “ride” and see my best friend (going through a bit of a rough time) and chill w/ the family. Haven’t decided yet if I’m going to return home late Sunday night or early Monday morning..all depends on traffic…because i HATE traffic….HATE/DESPISE it with a passion….Grrrrr…

Anyways, new foods and drink today! You’ll get a kick out of my drink story…hahahaha…

Breakfast had to be made quick this morning because I was out/up so late last night…so i threw together the bottom of the bags of my kashi sunrise cereal and annie cinnamon bunnies w/ cranberries and 1/4 plank…LOVED IT of course…cereal always makes me happy.

then I was exhausted from the night before so I actually decided to get an iced coffee. Now let me tell you, I NEVER drink anything COFFEE related because the caffine reallllllllllllllly gets to me (like i’m shaking like crazy). So I had breakfast at around 730 and the drink around 900…then had to go out in the field and walk about three miles looking for bleachers (hahaha…fun, right?) and got back around 1130. I was supposed to have lunch at 1200 but I got side tracked and had to run another errand to pass and decal to get a 30 day pass for my car…and i had troubles with that so I was out till I don’t know what time. But by the time I got back, I was massively trembling. Combine the fact that i hadn’t eaten in so many hours and had that caffine in me (which btw, i only drank 1/2 the blasted thing…it has non-fat milk but regular vanilla syrup…wayyyyy too sweet) I felt like I was going to DIE. My whole body was trembling and I could barely get everything together for lunch. But as soon as I got some food in my system, I felt sooo much better. Thank Goodness for FOOD! My mom thought it was funny and that I was a light-weight w/ the coffee…and my dad laughs and says i’m jumping on the coffee/office bandwagon…and if i now wanted to invest in coffee grinds. HELL NO!!!! As much as it helped me stay awake…i’m still buzzed now and it’s 2130…gah, how am i going to sleep!?!?

Finally lunch of ww bread w/ hummus, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, soy crisps bbq flavor and 2/3 of a mango…part of it went bad. boooooooooo….

Then I got home and was craving some chocolate so i finally decided to dig into my chocolate treats….frozen chocolate squares! basically i used the jello instant pudding box (the 4 serving kind) and used soymilk…now let me warn you, when you use soy milk in this mix it does not thicken up…so it’s best frozen…and VOILA! instant frozen pudding bar! I had this one…and another…hehehe…and it’s hot and humid here…so it was legit!

waited a little while for it to de-humidify outside before working out and had an apple and TLC bar…

then went for a 5 mile run/walk…felt great!

I decided to finally try miss glidingcalm‘s baked tofu for dinner so i wouldn’t waste the other half…so i drained it and seasoned it with curry powder and turmeric, baked at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes and voila! so crunchy and chewy! LOVED IT! I had it on top of my tofu noodles cooked in garlic, curry powder, tumeric and ginger…w/ broccoli and bell pepper. My tongue was seriously on fire but it was all sooooo good!

Then, still had a hankering for chocolate…so I picked the most nutritious chocolate option…my favorite bar…!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! Love you all!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Its FRIDAY!!!!!

1. eatingbender says:

I’m so glad you’re feeling better, Melissa!!!

Man, that is too scary about the coffee! I seriously could drink 10 cups and feel NOTHING! Although I know it wouldn’t be exactly healthy, haha…but seriously, I sort of wish caffeine did something to me but I just drink it because I think it tastes good :o)

Those frozen chocolate squares are genius!! I will definitely need to give those a try…

Oy, Miss Gliding Calm’s tofu always looks SO GOOD!! I really need to make it already!!

Have a great weekend!

2. just me says:

jenn: thanks hun! yeah…that coffee did me no good…but i’m still awake…hahahaha…when i’d normally be asleep!

and miss gliding calm’s tofu rocked…i didn’t soak it in anything, just sprinkled it w/ spices…soooogood!!

have a wonderful weekend too!

3. glidingcalm says:

Sorry about the freaky java incident. I love me coffee!!

AND HURRAY for Tofu! YUM YUM! Thank you especiailly for the shout out mama cita! And I’m so glad you enjoyed it!! Have an amazing weekend Melissa! You deserve it!

4. Erin says:

I’m the same way with coffee. My body thinks it’s crack!
    What an innovative way to use pudding. I’m gonna try it!
    Have a great weekend Melissa!

5. sweeteats says:

Everything looks great! The pudding bar is pretty genius as well.. gotta try that myself one day!

Have a great weekend!!

6. shelby says:

Wow, those frozen chocolate square sound great! I will be sure to give those a try =)

mmm and the tofu is making my mouth water!

7. VeggieGirl says:

So glad that you had an amazing Friday; but wow, thank goodness your coffee experience wasn’t TOO detrimental!! Eek!!

Love the frozen chocolate squares – so fun!

Have fun baking today, and enjoy your weekend! :0)

8. Aimee says:

I really need to try some of that baked tofu, it always looks so good when posted on gliding calm’s blog!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

9. christie i. says:

Great idea with the pudding!

Gliding Calm’s baked tofu is sweeping blogland. I love it too!

10. sportsnutritionliving says:

Frozen pudding… genius idea…

I cant believe you dont drink coffee! DO you ever just have decaf to have it?

11. Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) says:

Love the frozen pudding bar idea!

Have a great weekend!

12. Sarah says:

that’s so funny that coffee affects you so much—i’ve been drinking it for so long and I’m totally addicted. Honestly it takes about 4 cups for me to feel buzzed from it, and if I have any less than 2 cups I’m totally dragging all day with a headache and exhaustion. It’s so bad! I really need to cut back!

I’m totally going to try making the frozen chocolate squares! I bet if you stuck a popsicle stick in them it would be just like a fudgesicle!

13. Meg says:

Wow! That frozen chocolate pudding bar looks yummy!

14. TC says:

Hey M…

I’d just love to note that you used military time instead of the twelve hours clock. You rock my socks! ;)

Good luck with everything and keep up the hard work with all the recent stuff. I know you can pull through and I’m always here (and you have my cell) if you ever need to just talk! – E

15. Gina says:

i need to go ahead and make that tofu already! it always looks SO GOOD!!!
    1400 instead of 1430??? are you military???
    great idea with the frozen pudding!!! i can’t wait to try it.. yum yum
    have a very happy labor day!

16. just me says:

Em: your tofu rocks!!!

Erin: yeah, def like crack (not that i’ve ever had any! haha)!! hope you try the pudding that way!

Erica: hope you had a great weekend too! try the bar; it’s great!

Shelby: Hope you can try them!

VG: Thanks!

Aimee: Hope you try the tofu soon! it’s great!

Christie: yay for Em’s tofu!!!

Christie: Nope, never drink it ever; even decaf…I know, I must be a freak!

Foodie: thanks!

Sarah: Hahahaha…my mom used to be that way too!!! I suppose my body will never understand it! I should buy one of those popsicle stick thingys where they hold the stick in place…!

meg: thanks!

Emily: hahaha..it’s what I get for working around marines all day! and thanks, i know you’re always there for me! hope college starts off well this semester!

gina: I work for the marine core for a contracting company…so now i’m talking military time since i’m around the marines/colonels/captains all the time! hope you like the frozen pudding!