:D Yes, I am!

Today was definitely a better day! I got so much done at work and felt much better after a much needed poetry vent last night! Only bad thing lingering right now is the shin splints (that are gradually going away) but my calf microtears are back…erg. They were my setback when training for the SD marathon in May 2007. But I’ve been icing every 1/2 hr on, 1/2 hr off to try to recover faster than last time (where I slacked off on the icing…>P). So, since I couldn’t run, I decided to do a pool workout instead that I had in an old Cooking Light Magazine. I added cardio to the exercises by running in place really hard for 60 seconds each (well, at least I hope it was near 60 seconds…I was counting one-one thousand, two-one thousand, three-one thousand…etc.) in between each of the exercises…in which I did 20 reps, two times between cardio. Anyhow, here’s my day! Better mood means better Mel! And I had good food too! I’ll explain as I go….

My yummy (and getting boring cause I’ve had it so often in the past week) cereal/granola w/ lf plain yogurt, frozen blueberrie and peach. I mixed some kashi go lean and kashi go lean crunch together…still yummy!

Somehow this didn’t hold me over as long as I thought it would, so I decided to have my snack. I bought some caramel bites trail mix a while back and finally decided to try it. It included almonds, cashews, cranberries, chocolate chips and little balls of chewy caramel! What a surprise that was! I had 1/4C of that and mixed it with some honey nut Annie’s bunnies. Very yummy mixture!

I was famished by lunch and couldn’t wait to dig into my sandwich! It was a chive and garlic hummus, soycheese, tomatoe and lettuce sandwich on Ezekiel bread. it would have been better if my bread was toasted…but unfortunately it was cold…cause it had been in the fridge all day. Heh…and I had a pink lady apple on the side. Nice and crunchy!

Then my boss comes over and says, “Enjoy!” Sooooooo yummy! And I was in a goofy mood, so I drew that nice deep sea fish eating my tootsie rolls…but I got them first! Mwahahahaha!!!

Got home and chillaxed for a while reading blogs and such…had 2 york peppermint patties…then went for my water workout (since I haven’t worked out in two days from the leg pain). Here’s a link to the cooking light site and the exercises I used. Great when you need a low impact workout!

Then I checked my mail and found my new Vegetarian Times magazine! Yay! I’m gonna take it to work tomorrow to read during lunch because all my co-workers will be at a training…so I’ll be alone. but my dinner was curry thai rice noodles w/ chickpeas and brocolli….SOOOO GOOD. I’m so proud of myself for trying something new, different and from scratch! GO ME!

Ok…off to make some birthday cards and fold some laundry…good night!

oh, and thank you for all the kind words from my post yesterday…boys suck, the conclusion i’ve come to…and i’m doing better…i guess hormones are on overload and making the tears a little more vulnerable than normal… :D

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to :D Yes, I am!

1. chandra says:

I’m sorry I am still so busy and behind on my blog reading and didn’t get to read yesterday or I would have commented! :( But yes – GUYS SUCK, this is something I know ALL.TOO.WELL. (okay, there are a rare few good ones out there, but I think they may all be called for!)

Anyway – just remember YOU are amazing and HE made a bad decision and it is HIS loss. YOU are strong, and beautiful, and amazing and YOU can go on and be happy. :)

2. just me says:

chandra- thank you so much for your comment! yeah…guys def suck, esp this one…too young and too immature…blah blah blah. just means i get to find another great one, right? hehe! again, thanks for the positive comment!

3. lizzy says:

Hi this is my first visit to your blog, i really like your writing style! and yeah for a swim workout, i love burning calories without sweat dripping everywhere! your oatmeal looks sooo good! and just think of sucky guys as though they are stepping stones to the really good ones…you get to smoosh them in the mud and move on to bigger and better. haha i wish it was that easy!!

4. loveofoats says:

i second chandra's inputs ;)

ps love your trail mix idea & adding in the bunnies, at first glance i thought they were kashi mighty bites, since they are equally as cute haha

5. MizFit says:

good point on the BETTER FOOD MEANS BETTER YOU.
    (although up in herre I this it’s better food is less bitch mama :) but I digress)
    and yes.
    boys
    do
    sucketh.

Miz.

6. Aimee says:

Your dinner looks amazing! I hope my new Vegetarian Times comes in the mail today!

Glad you are feeling better!

7. ashley says:

I’m glad you feel better! MMmmm, that dinner!

8. VeggieGirl says:

I’m SO glad that you’re doing better – hope it stays that way, and that those nasty shin splints disappear soon!!

Caramel = love (which is why I’m thankful that vegan caramel exists, haha); and I love Vegetarian Times magazine!! Great recipes.

Keep your head up, girl!!

9. sportsnutritionliving says:

I eat the same breakfast as you basically everyday. I sometimes add the chobani greek yogurt and I also like to add eaither nuts or peanut butter and that helps keep me full longer… but i love to mix the kashi golean and the kashi go lean honey almond flax!

One year when I was training for the marathon I hurt my foot and I had to do pool workouts for a good 2 weeks but it def increased my fitness level and gave me a different type of workout

10. Mark Salinas says:

First visit….very nice!

11. shelby says:

i totally agree with you, boys do suck! i think every girl knows that hehe

Ahh I love caramel, I don’t think I’ve had it for a longg time =( Everything sounds delicious!

12. Jenn says:

I’m glad you’re feeling better and HURRAY for making dinner from scratch! I always feel so much more excited about blogging when I know that I actually created the food!

Love the tootsie roll and cartoon :o)

13. David says:

Boys suck, girls suck, everybody sucks. Love is a roller coaster ride and you accept a certain amount of risk when you get on board…but its worth it. :)

14. Danielle says:

I second the fact that the majority of those of the male type completely suck! :) Anyway, so glad to hear you’re doing better, no boy is worth your happiness, happiness with you definitely deserve! And if today’s smiley day could get any better… welcome to my blogroll, haha, food looks yummy as usual!

15. just me says:

lizzy- thanks so much for reading my blog and i’m glad you like how i write! and i like your boy analogy…i’m def going to smoosh this one in the MUD!

loveofoats- thanks…and the bunnies are so cute!

mizfit- yes, boys sucketh…!!

aimee-hope you got your veggie times in the mail! i’m planning on making the falafel this weekend…exciting!

ashley- the dinner was so easy! just throw it all into a pot and boil!

veggiegirl- thanks for the encouragment! def doing better and keeping my head up! and glad you can find vegan caramel…i normally hate the stuff because i had to make it all the time at my old work…and i know exactly what goes in it…YUCK! hahah!

sportsnutritionliving- i had to do aquajogging w/ the aquajog belt for a long time during training…it got really boring durin the two hour runs i missed and had to make up doing that! but still great cardio!

mark salinas- glad you like it!

shelby- yes, boys blow. and caramel with the trail mix is soooo good..i found it at henry’s…which i’m sure you could find at whole foods since they’re owned by them!

danielle- thanks for adding me to your blogroll! and thank you for the pick me up…i don’t deserve to have that boy take away that hapiness!